Time tracking operation on boiler OKOFEN

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 19:14

dirk pitt wrote:
In fact, the boiler has many more parameters than that. My installer "forgot" his installer manual with all the interesting parameters, the ones I showed there are accessible to everyone.

Is this the "installer manual" of the "universal heating controller with cascade and solar function" ???

I have it too, but there are translation mistakes and the "automatic" translation of some parts is not clear! I may get the original in German on another forum.

I am currently running into a problem of hysteresis of the regulation: my boiler has a minimum of 63 ° C (I lowered it, it is normally 65 ° C); but it is also at this temperature that my regulation "closes" the 3-way valve to protect the boiler.

So I always have an interruption in the heating every time I restart.

But if I raise the minimum temperature, the boiler stops because it exceeds its maximum of 75 ° C before being able to slow down and regulate ...

With the condensing system, I have 60 liters of water in the boiler. So the boiler "runs away" before the cold return arrives in the boiler - e, in any case to the probe! - and that the temperature does not stabilize!

I had for a long time an operation in "oscillation". I got out of it, but I still have this problem of "closing" on restart then opening after ten minutes ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/11/08, 20:58

yes it is this manual plus another very interesting which is called assembly manual / installation electrician. it details the parameters of the boiler controller (the one accessed with the thumb wheel on the motherboard)

I have the same concerns with the hysteresis, I have not succeeded in getting around the problem except by putting a "soft" proportion on the three-way valve regulator so that it avoids its constantly open and close. it does it anyway but slowly which alleviates the problem.
0 x
Click my signature
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 15/11/08, 21:06

Ah I thought your absence Didier weird, here we are reassuring :P

I did not have time today to go and open the hood of the boiler to take readings.

Your advice is quite clear but also so technical that I don't know if I'm going to get out of it. But I will try.

I only have the user manual and necessarily it is very basic (although for a blonde enough : Mrgreen: ) but I still managed to change the time ........ : Mrgreen: ..... yes yes it does eh.

Finally I copy paste all your advice and I file in the link to my heating engineer it is always useful to get informed.

Good night.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 15/11/08, 21:07

the hysteresis

This is a word that I don't understand :?
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 16/11/08, 00:20

Pear Belle Helene wrote:
the hysteresis

This is a word that I don't understand :?

It is the amplitude of a movement.
Example with a TA, setpoint temperature 20 °:
-For a gas boiler, where the start / stop cycles have no importance, a small hysteresis is set 0.5 ° c => start at 19.5 °, stop at 20.5 °

-For fuel oil or large installations, long hysteresis, up to 2 ° => start at 18 °, stop at 22 °

Understood?

@+
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 16/11/08, 09:38

Well here with clear explanations even I understand.

Thanks a lot. Helena
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 16/11/08, 11:51

So here I am in full reading : Mrgreen:

but I advise you to note the original values ​​of the heating foot and the slope.

Er the question that kills ...... I find them where these values ​​????

We haven't opened the hood yet, here I just note the values ​​I find on the table.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 16/11/08, 11:59

Do you have an indoor room sensor on your ökofen?

Yes I have one installed in the kitchen.

And it is the value measured in my kitchen with another thermometer and that of the probe which therefore allowed the heating engineer to come and make changes. Since we no longer overheat this is already a positive point.

Well this am we open the beast : Mrgreen: (well yes I need a zhom to unscrew the little things : Mrgreen: ) after I will be able to take the readings ... logically.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 16/11/08, 12:40

two independent things:
1-the readings that I indicate on the previous page of this post and which allow to know if the boiler works in optimal conditions: it is on the small bright screen on the left.

2-the heating regulation settings (heating foot and slope that the heating engineer has modified). these values ​​are on the regulator in the center of the panel and I told you to note the values ​​in case you want to adjust them a little more without the help of your heating engineer.
when you press once on the + or - side of the considered parameter, it displays the current value, then with + or - you change it. no need to validate, it is taken into account directly. to exit, I use the "thermometer" key
however, if everything is fine for the moment, there is no need to touch them up. when it is very cold, it may be that you will observe a new difference between the temperature set on your thermostat and the real one.
note these differences and when you have several corresponding to several outside temperatures, you will be able to adjust these two parameters as well as possible.
of goers, it makes me think that we could make a small excel sheet or we enter the current values ​​of slope and foot of curve as well as the different values ​​of setpoints and deviation and hop, it calculates the best slope and foot curve.
who sticks to it?
0 x

Click my signature
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 16/11/08, 12:54

Thank you a thousand times thank you, I know my questions are those of a beginner but I like to know and understand how it works.

At least with the photos and the explanations there it is brilliant.

I took a notebook to write down all of my readings.

For exel .... I leave that to the pro : Mrgreen:
0 x