Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ...Easypell boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Phil31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Easypell boiler setting

Unread Messageby Phil31 » 10/12/18, 10:28

Hello everyone,

I am having difficulty adjusting the temperature of my easypel boiler. Someone could explain:
The hysteresis, the compensation on the electronic box and the compensation on the thermostat of so.de interior.
Goods.
0 x

Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Thomas80 » 11/12/18, 23:28

Sorry I'm not stuck enough to explain that to you.
I have some of the same questions. After finding my fix point, I wonder if I need to reset the room thermostat or leave it on 0. Is there any interest in this compensation and if so which one?

Thank you in advance
0 x
Pilpoill
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Pilpoill » 12/12/18, 07:39

@Thomas80: As long as you look for your water law, you have to leave the compensation to 0.

Didier will explain it better than me, but once the water law is found, the compensation allows the boiler to correct the temperature sent to your heating circuit in case it gets too hot (sun, fireplace, friends) or too cold.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby izentrop » 12/12/18, 08:45

As I understand it, this compensation to 0 indicates that the room thermostat is not activated.
It is the law of water that is to be settled in the first place, in fact.
We start a small period of cold, -2 this morning, - 5 announced Saturday at home, it will be time to check if it is well adjusted. The set temperature should increase, while the indoor temperature should not change too much or correct the curve. http://www.alec-nancy.fr/wp-content/upl ... fe-web.pdf
With radiators, it can be 50 ° by -10 outside, everything depends on the size and losses.
0 x
"The details make perfection and perfection is not a detail" Leonardo da Vinci
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Thomas80 » 12/12/18, 13:44

Ok thanks Pilpoill.
I think I have finished my water law settings. Finally I will readjust in periods of more intense cold.

@izentrop: yes it is necessary first of all to regulate the law of water and to well put the compensation to 0 (not like me : Cheesy: )
0 x

Phil31
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unread Messageby Phil31 » 14/12/18, 15:14

Thank you, for info, I will follow your advice for settings
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 14/12/18, 16:22

Thomas80 wrote:Sorry I'm not stuck enough to explain that to you.
I have some of the same questions. After finding my fix point, I wonder if I need to reset the room thermostat or leave it on 0. Is there any interest in this compensation and if so which one?

Thank you in advance

Yes, once the adjustments are finished, the control knows how to increase the flow temperature of the water in the circuit so that the internal temperature remains stable, for your house to you [each house "leaks" differently, if you want consider that heating is to compensate for calorie leakage due to extreme cold).

The room sensor is then reset, if there is one (because a climatic control by external probe can adjust the heating without an internal sensor if it is set correctly), because in some cases, this mechanical way of compensating for leaks may be slightly wrong:

a) it is very beautiful outside; you have windows; the sun heats the room but the outer probe (located on the north side) does not capture anything of that; so regulation sends calories as if there were no such contributions

b) you cook a turkey in an oven of 3 000 W; this heat dissipates in the house: the outside sensor does not know anything about it

c) then you get 12 friends, everyone dispels 100 W; the outdoor sensor does not know anything about it ...

In all these cases, the room sensor finds that it is too hot, and by a loop of "feedback", corrects the calculation made by the regulation; the flow temperature is lowered; hence savings.

Conversely, in non-BBC homes, poorly sealed, a cold wind creates air leaks, so it cools more than calculated by regulation. It would be colder. Rain-wetted walls are another (non-thermal) factor that creates higher calorie losses than sensed by the probe. In these cases, the room sensor detects the difference and corrects it upwards. This will consume more, but the desired temperature will be more or less reached.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Unread Messageby Thomas80 » 19/12/18, 21:08

Ok thanks for the very clear explanations Did 67. I think I understood correctly.

My water law settings are finished (some adjustments by cold weather later).
However, I find that my consumption of pellets is really important compared to my fuel consumption before.

Over a year I consumed 2300 L about fuel (with production ecs). Looking at the energy inputs of the fuel and the pellets, we have the equivalence between 1L of fuel for 2 kg of pellets approximately (1 L of fuel approximately 10 kwh and 1 kg of granules 5kwh).
I therefore estimated my pellet consumption at 2300 * 2 = 4600 kg (knowing that my boiler no longer produces ecs).

Before adjusting my water law I consumed about 180 kg of pellets per week with outside temperatures of 8-10 ° C. If you consider that I warm about 33 minimum weeks (from the end of October to the beginning of May) and that it makes 8-10 ° C all the winter it gives a consumption of 180 * 33 = 5 940 kg. I tell myself that by adjusting my law of water it will drop but even after the settings, I am on a consumption of 230 kg per week (it was between 0 and 8 ° C last week). That worries me enough.

I had my heating engineer who does not understand why and according to him it is not a combustion problem because the ashes are normal (no clinker, ...). And he goes away.

I try to think about why but I am a little lost.
I find that the boiler starts quite often (without being able to tell you precisely the number of times in a day).

I have radiators fonts (DRC) and steels (1er) and no heating floor so if I send hotter water the radiators will heat the room faster and the boiler will turn less? I already read about forum that to lower his conso it is necessary to lower as much as possible its temperature of departure but I admit not to know too what to try. : roll:

Thank you for your answers.
Being aware of the difficulty of my question without knowing perfectly the installation, I would obviously answer all your questions. : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

Unread Messageby Did67 » 20/12/18, 09:00

Do not be fooled by the "leeway" of optimizing settings. This does not fundamentally change the situation! Even if a badly adjusted curve can lead to an internal temperature well above the cold setpoint - so whatindeed, leaks are accelerating! But that, you doubt it when you have 23 ° by - 5 ° outside. There, you can lose 20%!

Consumption is first and foremost linked to the calorie losses of the house. It depends primarily on the factors: surfaces, insulation, desired temperature ... All according to the external temperature. And the winters follow each other but are not alike at all! Do not compare this winter to the average of others - this can vary from 50%. And even less one "end" of winter to another.

What you can do, and which is already much more representative, is to compare the ratio "conso / DJU" (the DJU is a climatic parameter that gives you some sites weather, and that roughly measures the "calorie demand" in temperature function, you can take a look at the nearest station).

Basically, the conso follows the DJU.

If then, between the two systems, you deviate significantly from the ratio 1 l / 2 kg, there is a problem. Attention also to the quality of your pellets. Well-dried conifers reach 5 kWh / kg. Hardwoods no. And that drops as soon as the humidity rises. The Din + or A1 standard, without further specification, guarantees "only" 4,6 kWh / kg (even if contractually, by labeling / display, many manufacturers display 5 kWh / kg).
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Unread Messageby Philippe Schutt » 26/12/18, 15:32

late October to early May, November, December, January, February, March, April. So 6 months.
there is 13 weeks per quarter, so 26 weeks.
180x26 = 4680 kg
We can still say that April is only half a month but maybe you are already warming up in October which is half a month too.
All in all, there is hope :)

What did you have to put on a slope and as a coeff?
0 x