Swimming pool heater from a boiler heating body.

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Swimming pool heater from a boiler heating body.

by phil59 » 18/05/22, 20:59

I have a 52 kWh HS gas boiler.

Is there more interest in recovering the heating body of the boiler than taking an old hot water tank?

The idea for the heating body is, after having cleaned it of sludge, etc, to paint it black, and to put it in the sun under glass, basically, that's the general idea.
Same principle roughly for the electric balloon, removing the insulation. (I have one too hs).

Of course, I'm going to put in a heat pump, which will most often be powered during the day by "electric" panels, and a back-up by "solar" heater...

The swimming pool is not far from 20 m3, it is not installed yet.

The whole thing is to know if I invest on a big pump, or a "mini". (i.e. 400€, or more than 1000). I need water at 28° mini, see much better, for my "back"...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

Re: Pool heater from a boiler heating body.

by Christophe » 18/05/22, 21:37

Honestly, I didn't understand anything? : Shock:

Do you want to use the heating body as a solar buffer tank?

Please note that it is a very bad idea if the pool water, which is highly chlorinated or oxygenated, is in contact with the heating body: it will corrode at high speed!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/05/22, 21:42

Damn, another bad idea....

Currently, I only have this in stock! : Evil:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/22, 21:44

Bah I reassure you, you are always better than macron and his clique!! : Lol: : Lol:
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/05/22, 21:52

Yes, but here we go a long way...

I have at least a few ideas on which I ask an opinion .... before doing useless things ...
1 x

sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/05/22, 21:54

phil59 wrote:Damn, another bad idea....

Currently, I only have this in stock! : Evil:

In addition, a heating body painted black, even "encapsulated" in a glass cube, it will perhaps make you something original from an artistic point of view, but it will never be able to recover more than the surroundings 1kW/m2 falling to earth in the middle of the day on a beautiful summer day...
For your 28°C, it's not won!
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 18/05/22, 21:56

It was to help the heat pump.
1 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/22, 22:47

phil59 wrote:I have at least a few ideas on which I ask an opinion .... before doing useless things ...

Ce forum is made for that! 8)

For the choice of your swimming pool heat pump, I have had a 3 kW one since the end of 2021, but to heat my DHW in winter, it's here: water-pumping-filtration / transforming-a-solar-DHW-tank-into-thermodynamic-water-heater-with-a-small-swimming-pool-t17035.html

I think it is suitable for a 20 m3 (but don't be in a hurry...and supply it with photovoltaics, otherwise prefer direct solar heating...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/05/22, 22:49

phil59 wrote:It was to help the heat pump.

Make an extension in direct solar, like a flexible panel, at the output of the heat pump...but 100% direct solar will cost you less (but there has to be sun...obviously...)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/05/22, 23:05

phil59 wrote:I have a 52 kWh HS gas boiler.

Is there more interest in recovering the heating body of the boiler than taking an old hot water tank?

The idea for the heating body is, after having cleaned it of sludge, etc, to paint it black, and to put it in the sun under glass, basically, that's the general idea.
Same principle roughly for the electric balloon, removing the insulation. (I have one too hs).

Of course, I'm going to put in a heat pump, which will most often be powered during the day by "electric" panels, and a back-up by "solar" heater...

The swimming pool is not far from 20 m3, it is not installed yet.

The whole thing is to know if I invest on a big pump, or a "mini". (i.e. 400€, or more than 1000). I need water at 28° mini, see much better, for my "back"...

We must already do a sorting to clarify the situation:

HS 52 kWh gas boiler => there's no way to find a second-hand burner (if that's what's HS, or what is it?)

28°C mini, well I don't really see how to heat to such a temperature without something efficient like... gas.
Because with electricity it will be very, very expensive since the yields are bad.

So there is a plan to buy heat pumps to heat the water, but in general we do the opposite, we're going to steal its calories from the water to heat the house.

A heat pump is still expensive for what you do with it... What about the thermal insulation of the house?
Last edited by Obamot the 18 / 05 / 22, 23: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."