Help with fine-tuning Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
EasyGui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Help with tweaking Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

by EasyGui » 16/02/23, 10:39

Hello 0/
Here is the doc of the easypell v2. https://www.easypell.com/fileadmin/user ... ktuell.pdf

I compared with the old eayspell model, there is no significant difference on the automaton and electronic management part. (the diffs are purely cosmetic + serial addition of the auto decentering of the turbulators)

so on page 30 to 32 the descriptions of the connections on the boiler controller card.

page 45 . version A wiring diagram.

the installer had positioned me in B (or had left the factory config?) I put back in A, but no significant change in operation to switch from one mode to another. operation in TOR. crashes right into the wall every cycle.
the description of the a positioned mode is described in the quick boiler installation manual. (page 6 for the easypell + touch)
https://www.easypell.com/fileadmin/user ... 7-2022.pdf

page 47 . the famous description of the modulation option which becomes available following installation of the probe on port Z21

From what I see is that without this probe probe on the boiler controller, it operates at 10kw and does not go down to 3kw or much too late. The probe allows it to modulate at 3kw from 70°C and with a flame temperature of 600°C.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Help with tweaking Easypell settings: setpoint temperature, min and boiler cut-off

by izentrop » 16/02/23, 13:36

EasyGui wrote:From what I see is that without this probe probe on the boiler controller, it operates at 10kw and does not go down to 3kw or much too late. The probe allows it to modulate at 3kw from 70°C and with a flame temperature of 600°C.
Surprising that the installer is not aware of this important detail : Shock:
Perhaps the boiler is oversized for a well-insulated house?
0 x
EasyGui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by EasyGui » 16/02/23, 13:54

Yes I have the impression that it is oversized in relation to my heating needs.
I don't know if we can talk about a well-insulated house, but I upgraded this 120m² "strainer" from 1957 located in the northwest of France.

The insulation configuration: 20 to 40cm of wool in the top floor, depending on the location. 20cm of wool on the sloping attic roof also lost. ite lining with 10cm of wool on the outer walls of the floor. No iso on the ground floor walls. no insulation on the floor that overlooks the basement at the moment.

On the heating side, period cast iron radiator, controlled by zigbee connected valves (9 rad out of 12 / 3 are in standard thermos valve open to allow continuous flow from the circulator).
Interior instruction of the touch has 19 comfort / 17 reduced which is well reached and respected.
On the radiator side, the instructions vary according to the rooms and the hours of the day. (I work at home so in comfort mode from 8 a.m. to midnight)
FYI I'm at 1.2T of pellets since December 20 with a little DHW made by the boiler and the extra at 55°C in elec at night. I find that the consumption is not disconcerting with an average of just over a bag of pellets per day.

I will see if with this new setup, my consumption evolves differently. This afternoon I should receive the kty probes. installation in the evening! :D
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 16/02/23, 16:07

EasyGui wrote:Hello 0/
Here is the doc of the easypell v2. https://www.easypell.com/fileadmin/user ... ktuell.pdf

I compared with the old eayspell model, there is no significant difference on the automaton and electronic management part. (the diffs are purely cosmetic + serial addition of the auto decentering of the turbulators)

so on page 30 to 32 the descriptions of the connections on the boiler controller card.

page 45 . version A wiring diagram.

the installer had positioned me in B (or had left the factory config?) I put back in A, but no significant change in operation to switch from one mode to another. operation in TOR. crashes right into the wall every cycle.
the description of the a positioned mode is described in the quick boiler installation manual. (page 6 for the easypell + touch)
https://www.easypell.com/fileadmin/user ... 7-2022.pdf

page 47 . the famous description of the modulation option which becomes available following installation of the probe on port Z21

From what I see is that without this probe probe on the boiler controller, it operates at 10kw and does not go down to 3kw or much too late. The probe allows it to modulate at 3kw from 70°C and with a flame temperature of 600°C.

So I had the same docs as you but I don't read the same thing.

The outdoor sensor is not optional, it is optional.
Which for me means that it is not included with the boiler, and that the problem is your installer : Cheesy:
All the machines of the Okofen group work with an external probe and I think that they do not act as extra-terrestrials in this field.

It connects to Z21 and you can - optionally this time - add a room sensor to Z28.

I haven't had time to look into modes A or B yet but I don't see the connection with your first problem : Oops:
0 x
EasyGui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by EasyGui » 16/02/23, 16:58

I do not see that mode A or B has any influence on the modulation management of the boiler. No need to break your head over it. It's just that if you follow the instructions scrupulously, with the touch, you have to position in A and that had not been done during the installation : Cheesy:

I grant you that it is noted that it is an option and not that it is optional in the doc.
For me, when an accessory is optional, I also understand that it is not mandatory and therefore optional. : Oops:

Otherwise, probes received. I can therefore validate that the probe to be connected is indeed of the kty-2k type.
At 12€ the probe comes with 5 meters of cable, don't miss out! :D
0 x