No scientific consensus on climate change

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
User avatar
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 5365
Registration: 21/04/15, 17:57
x 660

No scientific consensus on climate change




by Exnihiloest » 27/02/21, 19:27

Extract of :

http://climatechange101.ca/fr/en-savoir ... sus-de-97/

---------------------------

"Consensus on climate change?
They smoke you out!


There has never been a poll of all scientists, not even scientists who study climate. The “anthropogenic causes of man-made global climate change hypothesis,” also known by the acronym CAGW, is a theoretical threat, more often than not used by for-profit environmental fundraising groups.

Evidence is what matters in science - Science is not a democracy
Ask an astrophysicist


Why do you need an astrophysicist to talk about climate? Because the earth's climate is affected by factors outside of our atmosphere. Dr. Nir Shaviv explains it in simplified terms in this video:




Dr. Nir Shaviv discusses the 97% consensus and shows some evidence that climate change is influenced by the sun and not carbon dioxide.




Who are the climate experts? - The IPCC or the solar physicists?

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is a political organization with a mandate to study climate change caused only by humans - not ALL causes. Dr. Shaviv explains that they only include a nominal aspect of the solar effect in the IPCC studies.




How does the sun influence climate change?

This is a HUGE subject that we cover on this site. Dr. Shaviv gives us a little idea of ​​how the sun influences the climate in the following excerpt.




There are several human-caused impacts on the earth - it's not just about carbon dioxide (CO₂) - But natural factors are more important.

Image

Most scientists agree that humans have an impact on the climate - however, very few agree with the “climate catastrophe” version. Also, scientists disagree what has more impact on climate:

Most scientists agree that humans have an impact on the climate - however, very few agree with the “climate catastrophe” version. Also, scientists disagree what has more impact on climate:

⦁ Deforestation (humans cutting down or burning forests - large fires create tons of toxic gases, soot and explosive energy exhausts, which can generate pyrocumulonimbus clouds that rise higher than the tropopause, even higher than Mount Everest);

⦁ Soil disturbance (agriculture, construction of roads and paving, construction of towns);

⦁ The urban heat island (The heat generated by cities creates a heat bubble);

⦁ Black carbon, or soot, generated by the combustion of fossil gases, falling back into arctic snow and being able to cause warming (black absorbs light, white snow reflects it);

⦁ Aerosols - other types of gases and vapors come from human industrial activities - some of these cause cloud formation or affect precipitation;

⦁ Water disturbance - drainage of wetlands or construction of dams and reservoirs can affect local precipitation trends. ;

Is there a consensus of some sort?

Yes. Some scientists and individuals agree that humans influence climate and temperature in one way or another. That's all.

Where does this 97% consensus come from?

Four different polls, like that of Oreskes (2004) which Al Gore refers to in his film, claim to find an “overwhelming consensus” on climate change. The four polls are biased and infested with statistical manipulation. Three of them focused on summaries (an introductory summary of about 150 words) of scientific studies made by different groups of scientists; one of these studies being just a "poll of opinions"! (Science is based on evidence, not opinions!) What the consensus “claims” is that supposedly scientists “all agree” that climate disasters are imminent and largely due to human activities, especially climate change. carbon dioxide, due to our use of fossil fuels like oil, gas and coal. Only 1 to 3% of the scientists surveyed have academic publications that agree with the visions of disaster. Most have ABSOLUTELY NO OPINION.

Image
"
0 x
User avatar
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 15340
Registration: 10/12/20, 20:52
Location: 04
x 4518

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/02/21, 19:36

You've already pulled your clown out of your hat from the Heartland Institute, the ultra-liberal think tank of the petroleum and tobacco industries ... : roll:

TRASH CAN
2 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2922
Registration: 21/06/16, 15:22
x 397

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by eclectron » 28/02/21, 07:27

Not better ! :D
pollution-prevention-health / the-factory-of-ignorance-t16768.html # p432916
We will hear that the oil companies were aware of the RCA long before anyone else and sought to hide it, then fabricated the "scientific" disinformation that we know of which here is a fine example ... : roll:

They make you smoke is true but they are not the ones you say tryphon.
Who can afford it?
Who has interest?

you serve us warm Tryphon
https://www.lemonde.fr/cop21/article/20 ... 27432.html
Last edited by eclectron the 28 / 02 / 21, 07: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by ABC2019 » 28/02/21, 07:51

The debate is silly, hardly anyone doubts that CO2 has an effect on temperature, and that's what the "97%" measure. Most of the scientists classified as "climate skeptics", like Spencer, Curry, Lindzen, know it very well and admit it, therefore would be placed in these "97%".

On the other hand what is discussed, it is to know if it is the biggest problem of humanity, and for that, no study of "consensus" has been made to my knowledge.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2922
Registration: 21/06/16, 15:22
x 397

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by eclectron » 28/02/21, 07:57

Missing more than him .................
ABC2019 wrote:The debate is silly

Should think about it before opening it ... : roll:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by ABC2019 » 28/02/21, 07:58

but still ... :?:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2922
Registration: 21/06/16, 15:22
x 397

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by eclectron » 28/02/21, 08:20

ABC2019 wrote:but still ... :?:

If you have to explain what you're saying now ... : roll:
You closed the debate since you yourself say that he is stupid.
So it is closed. Thanks for everything, see you next time!
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by ABC2019 » 28/02/21, 08:25

eclectron wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:but still ... :?:

If you have to explain what you're saying now ... : roll:
You closed the debate since you yourself say that he is stupid.
So it is closed. Thanks for everything, see you next time!

well if there is a debate on the "scientific consensus on climate change", but not on the fact that "CO2 contributes to warming" but on "it is the biggest problem of humanity and it forces to happen of fossils as quickly as possible "(this being said it is a theoretical debate, since obviously we will not do it).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 2922
Registration: 21/06/16, 15:22
x 397

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by eclectron » 28/02/21, 08:30

ABC2019 wrote:well if there is a debate ... on "it is the biggest problem of humanity and it forces to do without fossils as quickly as possible" (that said it is a theoretical debate, since obviously we do not will not).

But that is also folded, we already had it.
Cf Meadows or put it another way: infinite growth in a finite world.
The conclusion of this debate being: to move towards renewable at all levels and immediately, period.
Another closed debate.
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: No scientific consensus on climate change




by ABC2019 » 28/02/21, 09:06

eclectron wrote:The conclusion of this debate being: to move towards renewable at all levels and immediately, period.
Another closed debate.

if it causes disasters to remove fossils (and it is likely that it would), the "immediately" is too much. If we do not know how to maintain the comfort of modern life without fossils, it is obvious that we will continue to use them until the reserves are exhausted, and then we will adapt as best we can. For the moment everything shows that this is what will happen.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 179 guests