Paris in the snow, snow, snow ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Gaston » 09/12/10, 16:17

sherkanner wrote:Uh, for the snow tires, you can keep them while it's cold
They are designed for temperatures below 10-12 ° C and are more efficient than summer tires.
Beyond 18 ° C yes, you hear them fall apart when you roll and you have to change them.
It is more the temperature which abimes than bitumen.

And then with 5-6 ° C in rainy weather, snow tires are significantly more efficient than summer tires, which are a bit like a piece of wood.
Thank you for the explanations.

Unfortunately, in our country, (apart from mountainous areas) it can happen that the temperature rises significantly above 10-12 ° even in the middle of winter, which makes the use of "M + tires" much more tiresome. S ".
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View zorglub » 09/12/10, 16:21

studded tires and I'm not sure it's still mounted here ...

what's that? I was 4 years ago on my last car, t I see it all day ... of course that we still use it

we already have 55 cm on the ground and we are still announcing a storm for Sunday.
!
the 1 december it fell 57 cm in the day ^ mus 13 cm existing it does not hurt, and everything rolled but the snow is correst and people are equipped
it will be necessary that one day or the other the people will bend to the discipline or else ... that they go away
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

View sherkanner » 09/12/10, 16:29

Actually gaston, usually in France, tires 4 seasons are enough. And there is already a clear improvement over summer snow tires, while maintaining a good longevity in summer.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Gaston » 09/12/10, 16:40

Christophe wrote:Do not clear the major axes is economic hostage taking!

I had a gueulante last February https://www.econologie.com/forums/paliseul-e ... t9231.html
I remember it well :P

But as “nono the robot” says, it's an investment problem.
It is necessary to have enough snow-drifts to clear very quickly the main axes (once the traffic is blocked on it, it is too late).
It also takes the staff to drive all snowplows simultaneously ...
All for equipment that may serve only all 4 or 5 years ... (or less often in some southern departments).
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Alain G » 09/12/10, 17:00

There is no problem riding with winter tires in summer but only if they are worn where they are more efficient than many summer tires and especially on wet surfaces!

I have been doing this for a long time without any problem, I prefer to start with new tires in winter or very little used than to fart the vial on the snow or it is much more dangerous, this summer I rolled with dice. winter that outperformed the original tires in cornering and braking.

We try to make us believe otherwise when we compare new winter tires that are actually less effective than summer tires, we compare worn tires against new summer tires and o reparleras!
Of course I do not mean narrow tires but tires with a wide and unidirectional sole as I use!

Brigestone has some shitty DM-Z3 Blizzaks that are visibly melting, but they also have the Dueller DM-Z2 commercial version with the same design but with more clearance between the blocks which are now discontinued because too reliable and efficient, these ultra-performing tires both in winter and in summer have rolled beyond 100 000 km which 4 years in the summer and 2 now equip my trailer and the wear is only half and sometimes the equivalent in depth of many new tires!

With my service vehicles I used gum and the price does not always justify performance!

Another nice shit or we are being made by both ends because good tires they know how to do!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View zorglub » 09/12/10, 17:07

goes well beyond the 10-12 ° even in the middle of winter

you have to see the temperature of the soil and not that of the air ......
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
Christophe

View Christophe » 09/12/10, 17:14

zorglub wrote:
goes well beyond the 10-12 ° even in the middle of winter

you have to see the temperature of the soil and not that of the air ......

Well, in summer not rare bitumen is 50-60 ° C ... yet we found nothing in terms of behavior or premature wear with our M + S ...

Is there a logo for the 4 seasons because I searched and found nothing ...
0 x
Did67

View Did67 » 09/12/10, 17:25

Christophe wrote:
that we left all the year and that I stored without problem in the greenhouse ...

There, it's not good sioux.

Tires are polymers. In the light, even if they have all the necessary anti-UV question, their resistance deteriorate faster than in the shade ... So to put in the bottom of a cellar ...

That said, I do not think it plays before 10 or 20 years (caravans, trailers, etc ... must think ...).
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 09/12/10, 17:28

Ah, I did not say under the greenhouse to the light! It was for the T ° that I said that. In this case, they were under a tarpaulin!

Yes for 10 to 20 years ...

That's why I'm surprised by the remark above (HS tires after 3 or 4 years not used) ...

:?:
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Alain G » 09/12/10, 17:49

My Bridgestone DM-Z2 have now 12 years and they are in perfect condition!

Even they have supported 2,5 times the load without any problem! : Shock:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain