Paris in the snow, snow, snow ...

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 12:12

Well, if you go into this debate of unconscious behavior, then we can talk drink driving ...

Because on this point, it was infinitely much worse a few years ago.

Cars, with equal driving behavior, are much safer now. There is no arguing on this point ...
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 09/12/10, 12:18

Obviously mentalities changed, and it was necessary.
With the growing number of people driving, we can not ride as 40 years ago (to give an account of what it gives, go to the Maghreb countries ^^)

The big difference is also at the car level in an accident, now it ends mainly in crumpled sheet or before you had to look for the rear light in the glove box.

The mentalities have changed a lot, but it is not yet a panacea.

This and the infrastructure that is not well thought out. Not necessarily need to take extreme conditions, but changing vehicles for a wheel 2 can be realized.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
Did67

by Did67 » 09/12/10, 12:28

An unmentioned point (it seems to me): our level of requirement / our way of life ...

40 years ago, when it was snowing, the peasants, loggers, craftsmen, etc ... stayed at home and only circulated emergencies (doctors, ...) ... The "representatives" who were still from rgios rouleurs, stopped at a client's house, drank the coffee ...

Today, the pressure is such that everyone tries to get to work on time ... few can do it ...

However, the snow these days was treacherous. I am a very good rider on snow and normally, I "pass" ... This week, for the first time in 20 or 25 years, I stalled on the climb going home ... Little bitch of ice under the snow ... Impossible to "hang up" even in underdrive at the limit of the callage (that's the trick that I never managed to make my wife understand: go almost immediately in second to 1 200 rpm, then very quickly in 3rd or even 4th - the engine is sluggish at the limit of suffocation, it does not tear anything and therefore the tires stick; then, never let go again - and there, we find today's traffic congestion - impossible! With this tip I have always driven without ever having bought snow tires - well, I'm a little pissed off)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 12:45

Quite did67, the company is more mobile and we are much more demanding mobility !

And as we always ask more requirements to everyone (except maybe, sorry did not, in the national education) ... well people become more intrusive and embittered ... :|
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 09/12/10, 12:50

It is clear that if it happens once every 25 years it is better to learn to have a little flexibility in his life / work than to want to invest in equipment / personnel snow removal that is obsolete before serving. Even employees can not have the necessary experience. With the world that there is nothing to do with snow hunting would be a monster block.

For the RER it does not surprise me, already in normal times it is the bazard one day on 2 (problem signaling, rail broken, derailment of the freight, cathenere which pete ..., malaise, suicide, accident) then with the snow ... A minimum of maintenance of the rails could perhaps be able to mitigate a little pb on the roads when it is necessary.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/12/10, 12:56

It has snowed, but the worst is the rain at 10 ° C falling sharply on a frozen surface at -5 ° C before for days without snow, as I knew in 1967 Paris.
So the unconscious people leave illico in the decorations like soap and there would be a lot of deaths !!

Otherwise, agree on the alcohol which was hardly aware in the 50 years 70!
No payment !!
We never talked about the health hazards of alcohol and tobacco, not even the doctors !!
But the peppers rarely had cars, not rich enough !!
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 09/12/10, 13:22

Brice Hortefeux: "Solidarity measure"! No report for cars left stranded.

If not actually weather had announced the snow, and risk of vergla it was finally not so surprising.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/12/10, 13:33

Did67 wrote:An unmentioned point (it seems to me): our level of requirement / our way of life ...

40 years ago, when it was snowing, the peasants, loggers, craftsmen, etc ... stayed at home and only circulated emergencies (doctors, ...) ... The "representatives" who were still from rgios rouleurs, stopped at a client's house, drank the coffee ...

Today, the pressure is such that everyone tries to get to work on time ... few can do it ...

However, the snow these days was treacherous. I am a very good rider on snow and normally, I "pass" ... This week, for the first time in 20 or 25 years, I stalled on the climb going home ... Little bitch of ice under the snow ... Impossible to "hang up" even in underdrive at the limit of the callage (that's the trick that I never managed to make my wife understand: go almost immediately in second to 1 200 rpm, then very quickly in 3rd or even 4th - the engine is sluggish at the limit of suffocation, it does not tear anything and therefore the tires stick; then, never let go again - and there, we find today's traffic congestion - impossible! With this tip I have always driven without ever having bought snow tires - well, I'm a little pissed off)

Hi Did,

Indeed, you have the good behavior on snow ... You have to "let pull" to the limit of suffocating the engine.

It should be known that the coefficient of static friction (ie without slip tire / roure) is higher than the dynamic one (with slip tire / road).

As soon as the tire slips, it hangs less: you must avoid sliding at all costs, and of course keep the momentum to the maximum.

I see all these jokes of Parisiens accelerate thoroughly in 1ère or second ... They are not likely to escape.

Frankly, these 5 cm of snow have a gigantic effect that is mainly due to the incompetence of the drivers.

From this point of view, moreover, I test the electric vehicle on snow and it is finally easier to drive than a thermal because less nervous and very progressive in the torque applied to the wheels, with also more weight on the wheels .

Fortunately that in my mountains, we do not have all these jokes that arise by accelerating like donkeys. :P
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 09/12/10, 13:44

Remundo wrote:
It should be known that the coefficient of static friction (ie without slip tire / roure) is higher than the dynamic one (with slip tire / road).

As soon as the tire slips, it hangs less: you must avoid sliding at all costs, and of course keep the momentum to the maximum.

To which is added the fact that the tire that slides produces a polishing effect by tearing all micro-asperities ... The more we accelerate and the more we soap the board. As soon as it skates, go back, get out of the way and take another trace.

Since we are there: with the Diesel, I "took off" with the only idle; this forces you to be very, very, very gentle on the clutch! With gasoline or LPG, you have to juggle a little between clutch and minimum acceleration ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/12/10, 13:50

yes quite, polishing effect that further lowers the coefficient of friction, itself already weak because of slippage.

From this point of view, moreover, I prefer the fresh snow than the snow packed and frozen by the salt + the night ...

with an electric one, the ampere is regulated to the pedal via a potentiometer in a simple way.

In thermal, we sometimes need to play on 2 pedals, motor too nervous, muddy clutch ... it becomes the end piloting where it is necessary feel all the mechanical elements of his car. :?
0 x