Tension with Russia in Ukraine

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tension with Russia in Ukraine

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/05/23, 20:58

Ahmed wrote:I find you a bit harsh, Guy: for me, he will have simply confused "impact" with "intact", it sounds almost the same and it is quite excusable... : Mrgreen:

Especially when you see the site (I captured on Google Earth), it seems very unlikely to me that a single tank was affected. When you see the flames, it's hard to believe that the other 5 (not to mention the annexes) are intact:
Sevastopol deposit.jpg
Repository Sebastopol.jpg (130.17 KiB) Viewed 584 times
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/05/23, 21:33

on this one, it's only part of the park that is burning and the other tanks will not be affected, therefore intact

At random, there should be about 5 on the right of my photo (and above on the previous one) and 6 big ones on the other side, intact.
So a dozen burns.
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/05/23, 11:30

China and India have just abandoned Russia at the UN by agreeing to call it an aggressor...
2 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/05/23, 13:38

gegyx wrote:on this one, it's only part of the park that is burning and the other tanks will not be affected, therefore intact

At random, there should be about 5 on the right of my photo (and above on the previous one) and 6 big ones on the other side, intact.
So a dozen burns.

Just some merguez that we can expect too much on the barbecue... Don't worry, it goes creamy... And even if the biggest tanks remain intact... What do you know of their filling level? The quality of the stored product (raw? refined? waste? deballasting water?) .... In short, beautiful images that can be said anything .... As long as you are not the operator of the site ...

I know of several oil sites... Where the largest tanks are used to... Store the fleet for the DCI... Given the proximity of the sea, I'll be surprised if necessary... But when you don't have the data .... Very complicated to try to solve a problem ...
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/05/23, 13:47

Ben seen the blackness of the smoke it should not be light! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 03/05/23, 13:56

Well it could be ... Especially light ones ... heavy ones are very difficult to ignite in the first instance with a homemade bomb ... To ignite a diesel tank at room temperature you need considerable energy ...

All consumer hydrocarbons cause this kind of smoke, especially in this case... There's no wind... Well, very little...
0 x
Take revenge with your success. punished with your absence. Kill with your silence. Win with your joy of living
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 03/05/23, 14:27

A burning fuel depot near Crimea
A fuel depot caught fire overnight from Tuesday to Wednesday in the Russian village of Volna, near Crimea, Krasnodar Krai Governor Venamin Kondratiev announced on Telegram.

“A tank with petroleum products caught fire in the village of Volna in the Temryuksky district. The fire was assigned the highest degree of severity,” Mr. Kondratiev wrote, without mentioning the cause of the disaster.

"According to preliminary information, there are no deaths or injuries" and there is "no threat against the residents" of the village, he added. “Everything possible is being done so that the fire does not spread any further”.

Images posted on Telegram by pro-Russian blogger Kirill Fedorov, and claimed to have been taken in Volna, show flames and a thick column of smoke rising above a large cistern overnight.

Volna is located at the end of the bridge over the Kerch Strait linking Russia to the Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea, annexed by Moscow in 2014. In October 2022, the explosion of a truck bomb on this structure was a humiliation for Russia, even if the Ukrainian authorities have always denied having attacked the viaduct.

Russia and annexed Crimea have been the target in recent days of a series of attacks which kyiv, which recently claimed that its preparations for a counter-offensive were coming to an end, did not however claim responsibility for. In four days, explosive devices derailed two freight trains near the Ukrainian border ( https://www.leparisien.fr/international ... CGK73Q.php ) and damaged a power line, and a drone attack caused a huge fire at a Crimean oil depot.
https://www.7sur7.be/monde/un-depot-de- ... gle.com%2F
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/05/23, 11:46

It's getting hard to be a Kremlin propagandist : Mrgreen:
WARNING: French-speaking pro-Russians, the orders have just changed, we must no longer say like Stratpol that Ukraine has already lost, that the weapons have already been destroyed or resold on e-bay, etc...
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 04/05/23, 12:21

Say, the drone attack on the Kremlin, it still stinks of scam!?

The plane explodes 2m from the roof!?
Limit it looks like he took the post!?

If it's the Ukrainians, well, it's just the symbol that was sought.
If it's the Russians, well, it's just the symbol that was sought.
1 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/05/23, 13:25

I say.... You would have to be stupid to believe that a nation like Russia quietly lets a drone fly over its territory directly towards the office of its president.... For 500km when supposedly they have missiles that can go kick the ass at the Venusians in less time than it takes them to say shit.
1 x

Back to "humanitarian disasters, natural, climatic and industrial"