The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

Humanitarian catastrophes (including resource wars and conflicts), natural, climate and industrial (except nuclear or oil forum fossil and nuclear energy). Pollution of the sea and oceans.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The fable of anthropogenic warming and the fight against CO2

by GuyGadebois » 21/12/19, 22:12

Exnihiloest wrote: 
Extract from the open letter sent by 500 scientists to S. António Guterres, Secretary General of the United Nations

The ambassadors of the European Climate Declaration:

Guus Berkhout, professor (Netherlands) << Worked for Shell between 1976 and 2017
Richard Lindzen, Professor (United States) << Overwhelmed meteorologist. It has been proven that his work is only a "collection of more or less voluntary errors". http://sciences.blogs.liberation.fr/201 ... credible-/
Reynald Du Berger, Professor (Canada (Francophone) << Retired seismologist geologist, got his scholarship sweetened at Laval University because of his comments on Islam. This earthquake expert says the Earth's temperature has not increased for 15 years.
Ingemar Nordin, professor (Sweden) << Areas of expertise: Philosophy of science and technology. Political philosophy. Philosophy of Medicine
Terry Dunleavy (New Zealand) “A former journalist and printer, Dunleavy has been involved in the New Zealand wine industry for many years. Member of the New Zealand Climate Science Coalition, sponsored by Koch Industries and Exxon among others.
Jim O'Brien (Republic of Ireland) "Jim is a CSR / energy consultant, actively promoting industry sustainability through strategic support, advisory and leadership roles. Now 10 years “retired” after a 39-year career in the building materials industry, he is an active consultant globally on CSR and energy challenges and opportunities.
Viv Forbes (Australia) << Graduated in Geology of Applied Sciences and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 40 years of experience in the coal industry
Alberto Prestininzi, professor (Italy) << Geologist, no connection with the weather
Jeffrey Foss, Professor (English-speaking Canada) << Philosopher of science ...
Benoît Rittaud, lecturer (France) << Neo-liberal mathematician, works with Valeurs Actuelles
Morten Jødal (Norway) << Biologist
Fritz Varenholt, professor (Germany) << Chemist, served on the board of directors of Shell Germany ...
Rob Lemeire (Belgium) << "Civil engineer" no publication, nothing.
Viconte Monkton of Brenchley (United Kingdom) "Not only is he not a scientist, but he also falsely claimed to be a Nobel laureate and self-proclaimed a member of the House of Lords, a claim that earned him a formal notice." of the parliamentary institution.
For information:
https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/fac ... d0cef4bb69

"What a bunch of clowns! And how many millions of climate-sucker-skeptics Image to take their word for it? "" This is plagiarism. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/12/19, 22:32

Outrage within the climate science community continues on list of "500 scientists"

Letters pour in from angry scientists, with more than 45 scientists now demanding that names be removed from the list, some going much further and threatening legal action.

I am horrified to find my name on such a list. I have spent the past 20 years arguing otherwise. "
Dr. David Sugden. Professor of Geography, University of Edinburgh

I have no doubt .. the recent changes in the global climate ARE human-induced. I insist that you immediately remove my name from this list because I did not authorize you to put it. "
Gregory Cutter, Professor, Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Old Dominion University

I don't believe my work can be used to support any of the statements listed in the article. "
Dr. Robert Whittaker, Professor of Biogeography, University of Oxford

Please delete my name. What you have done is totally unethical !! "
Dr. Svante Bjorck, Geo Biosphere Science Center, University of Lund

I am outraged that they included me as the "author" of this report. I do not share the views expressed in the summary. "
Dr. John Clague, Shrum Research Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Simon Fraser University

I am very shocked to see my name on the list of "500 scientists with documented doubts about fears of global warming of human origin". Because none of my research publications have ever indicated that global warming is not a consequence of anthropogenic greenhouse gases, I consider that including my name on this list without my permission or consensus has damaged my professional reputation as an atmospheric scientist. "
Dr. Ming Cai, Associate Professor, Department of Meteorology, Florida State University.

Just because you document natural climate variability doesn't mean that anthropogenic global warming is not a threat. In fact, I would venture to believe that most of the people on this list believe that a combined natural cycle and anthropogenic changes pose a greater threat.
Peter F. Almasi, PhD candidate in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Columbia University

Why can't people spend their time trying to identify and assess the facts about climate change rather than obscuring it? "
Dr. James P. Berry, Senior Scientist, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute

They took our research on ice cores in Wyoming and twisted them to meet their own agenda. It is not science. "
Dr. Paul F. Schuster, Hydrologist, US Geological Survey

Please remove my name IMMEDIATELY from the following article and from the list that distorts my research. "
Dr. Mary Alice Coffroth, Department of Geology, New York State University in Buffalo

Who takes people for idiots, Tryphon? : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/12/19, 22:43

The "list of 500 scientists" is the result of an ultra liberal "Think Tank":
HEARTHLAND INSTITUTE
The Heartland Institute, according to the Institute's website, is a nonprofit "think tank" that questions the reality and import of climate change, the health risks of secondhand smoke and a host other matters which may appear to require government regulation. Heartland Institute is an “associate member” of the State Policy Network, a network of right-wing “think tanks” and tax-exempt organizations in 49 states, Puerto Rico, Washington, DC, Canada and the UK.
You can see their "honesty, independence and seriousness" here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... _Institute

Image Thank you for publishing your Tryphon scientific parody, it allowed me to educate myself and to see how credible you are not for a single second!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/12/19, 01:43

GuyGadebois wrote:The "list of 500 scientists" is the result of an ultra liberal "Think Tank":
HEARTHLAND INSTITUTE
In the link cited above https://www.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/fac ... d0cef4bb69 is written
The Climate intelligence foundation (Clintel) has launched a campaign to denounce the European objective of achieving zero net CO2 emissions by 2050.
More specifically, the foundation announced this week that it had sent a letter signed by 500 scientists and professionals across 13 countries - including France - ...
What is the link between the foundation Clintel et the Heartland Institute ? ... apart from their climate skepticism and their common interest in fossil fuels.

On the other hand
The HuffPost was able to confirm that among these 500 signatories were at least 40 French. It is a group largely dominated by known climato-skeptics. Starting with the ambassador and coordinator of the platform for France, Benoît Rittaud. This mathematician professor in Paris is president of the Association of climato-realists and regular tribune of current values.

The 39 other personalities, half of whom are retired or emeritus professors, are by a large majority in similar climate-skeptical positions, like Vincent Courtillot, member of the Academy of Sciences and geophysicist within L 'Parisian physics institute whose partnerships with Total or Shell have raised questions, Christian Gérondeau, author of “Air is pure in Paris, but nobody knows,” or Rémy Prud'homme. All three are members of the Climato-Realists association.
Association which has nothing scientific, considering the false arguments used, but counts a lot for Exnihiloest ... who never answered me on this question: your insistence leads to think that you also have interests in fossil fuels. :?: : Twisted:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/12/19, 08:58

I replaced Clintel with Hearthland (without doing it on purpose) because these two groups are permeable and we find names common to this list in both groups.
Wiki:
The list of scientists presented by Heartland as doubting global warming
In 2008, the Institute began to publish a list aimed at identifying "500 scientists who have expressed documented doubts about fears of global warming" 84.
An article in the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the work of Jim Salinger, (chief scientist at the National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research, was "distorted" as part of a "denial campaign."
In response to criticism, the Institute changed the title of its list to "500 scientists whose research contradicts global warming fears", but without removing any names from its list and Avery acknowledged that "Not all of these researchers are would not describe as global warming skeptics "... but adding that" the evidence in their studies is there for everyone. While the President of the Institute (Joseph Bast) argued that scientists "did no right - legally or ethically - to demand that their name be removed "from this list."

Basically Clintel puts Heartland's cutlery back on with the same questionable methods.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/12/19, 08:19

The climate debate is like medicine; There are on one side the prosceptics and on the other side the antisceptics, : Cheesy:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/12/19, 18:56

GuyGadebois wrote:...
The ambassadors of the European Climate Declaration:

Fallacies, including guilt by association http://sophismes.free.fr/log1d.htm, and selection bias (a few people chosen from among 500 scientists).
The fact that we worked for x or y is not proof that we would not be competent in the field, any more than the fact that we are criticized and even less by those of whom we have just said that their models are inadequate.

This argument is all the more ridiculous and dishonest that if it were given credit, then the IPCC would have none any more since its manager Rajendra Pachauri was discedent: he affirmed loudly in 2007 that 5 years later , so 2012, it would be too late to undertake anything, but we still see the IPCC proposing measures in 2019! And there it is not gossip like those peddled here against the climatorealists but well its own words.

If we understand the climato-gobers, the IPCC is right because it is the IPCC, and the climato-realists are wrong because it is the IPCC which says so and because they are climato-realistic. : roll:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/12/19, 19:11

Exnihiloest wrote:Blablâââ blâââblâââ ..

Sorry, but you are no longer credible for a single second ... if you ever were.

An open letter signed by thousands of scientists around the world is perhaps the clearest demonstration of their almost unanimous agreement on the climate crisis.

Published Tuesday in the journal Bioscience *, the letter includes 11 signatures from 258 countries, including 153 from Canada.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/13 ... re-ouverte

11258 real scientists and not 500 clowns including a good number retired, another number who has never signed anything and is found on the list, imposters and still a certain number corrupt to the marrow.

* Bioscience, not a Think Tank of fachos!
https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/adv ... 88/5610806
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/12/19, 19:28

GuyGadebois wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:Blablâââ blâââblâââ ..

Sorry, but you're no longer credible for a single second ...

So keep talking, it doesn't matter to me.
http://exvacuo.free.fr/Humour/im/jremj2.jpg
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 24/12/19, 13:57

December 24 in Moscow, no snow, plants come out of the ground:

3 days of frost only since the beginning of the month and average temperatures outside norms:

No worries all is well, warming is a fable : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x