Migration to phpBB2 phpBB3.1. Explanations of the new features ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Migration to phpBB2 phpBB3.1. Explanations of the new features ...

by chatelot16 » 06/02/16, 21:54

put the new forum at the address of the former will break all the link coming from other forum because the urls are not exactly the same between the old and the new phpbb

so it seems to me that it's better to leave the old forum at its current address, those who fall on it will see that it is stopped and will also see the link to the new ... the old forum so can remain something to receive the old link

the new address is no worse than the old one, and this new address is not that new ... it was the old one a year ago

remains to solve the problem of google search which finds the result in the old forum ... and not easy to convert the result to the new one ... you have to enter the result of the google search in phpbb search

I'm sure there is a way to set the google search to give the results on the new forum but I do not know how

keep open the old forum avoids the syndrome it was better before, when we do not find the first shot in the new ... with the old always visible we see that it's the same!

we can see later if there are some bug, some dead link in the new then it would be good in the old ... for now the only dead links I see are dead in the 2 so the change of forum is not for nothing

I saw the problem with usinages.com: he completely closed the phpbb when he went to xenforo: a lot of complaints about it was better before because we could not see the front
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/16, 21:58

VERY DREAMY !!!

Thin we can not mix the colors of glow ... well should not ask too much anyway !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/16, 22:00

chatelot16 wrote:but I do not know how

I know...

Agree with you for the rest!

It takes 2 to 3 months for Google to react to a site conversion ... so that leaves a bit of room!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/02/16, 22:32

Under mention:

Last message from the previous page :

My message here:
bistrot/migration-phpbb2-a-phpbb3-1-explications-des-nouvelles-fonctions-t14492-20.html#p298678

was not repeated at the beginning of the next page, weird ...

Another annoying detail is the signature : Arrowd: it merges with the body of the text.
(It would be well to make the background / paper, darker (see color), it seems to me)
: Arrowd: : Arrowd: : Arrowd:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/16, 22:39

No reason that it is taken again on the link which you give you did not posted at the end of the page ...

For the signature it's simple: just do not put too complicated ones ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/02/16, 22:49

I'm not convinced that the repetition of the last message on the previous page is a good thing ... I think we'll get bored soon

but it's a useful test, we see what we can do
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/16, 22:52

Yes I added this feature because a lot of big forums have ... is that it must please ...

After as you say, everything is reversible ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/02/16, 22:54

On the contrary Chatelot, it is an extremely useful function, which makes it possible in particular to prevent a troll from obeying a message (by doing for example as if it did not exist)
Useful when it works.
Christophe wrote:No reason that it is taken again on the link which you give you did not posted at the end of the page ...

I can not see any other message after mine, so I guess it's the last one. Otherwise why would not it be the last ??

Christophe wrote:For the signature it's simple: just do not put too complicated ones ...

You are surely right, it is a "rule of sobriety" in graphics but:
1) I do not see what that changes to the problem? We can always confuse the texts signature VS posts between them.

2) explains how it is that the rules of sobriety would be worth for your remark and not for the general presentation of the forum?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/02/16, 23:00

No matter how much I look, I don't see any Obamot message at the end of the page ...

Go gift, my first video, from Switzerland and more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qg3Rk-B09o
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/02/16, 23:09

Does it smell the bug, right? : Arrowd: : Arrowd:

Screenshot 2016-02-06 to 23.07.20.png

Your message is the #p298677 (penultimate),
mine following is the #p298678 (last)
and that of Chatelot next page is the #p298679

CQFD, if it misses a number, it is therefore that it misses a message ...
Last edited by Obamot the 06 / 02 / 16, 23: 14, 2 edited once.
0 x