What (s) show (s) carries a éconologue?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

What (s) show (s) carries a éconologue?

by 1360 » 17/06/15, 19:39

Hello,

Everything is in the title !

Are there any watch enthusiasts among us?

Attention, a watch does not have to be expensive to be interesting, sometimes it is sentimental (birthday gift, wedding gift) or it can be the "bookmark" of a professional turning point, etc, etc ...

In short, a watch is not necessarily only used to tell the time ...

It is clear that as a watch fanatic, my preference goes to automatic ones because these watches are "alive", they draw their energy from the movements of the wrist. There is something for all budgets, all tastes, and with all the complications you want.

In short, two or three photos of a small part of my watches:

The one currently occupying my wrist, a Tag Heuer caliber 16 Day & Date, from 2014:

An Oris Big Crown Regulator (the three needles each have their axis) It is from 2001, I bought it when I started cleaning with the one who was going to become my wife (and who is still)

A Rado DiaStar, here next to my current Tag, is a reissue from the 2000s of a mythical model from the end of the '60s to the' 70s that was the first scratch-resistant watch in the world. My father gave it to me at the end of my compulsory schooling, it had very great sentimental value, but I was robbed of it during a burglary when I was working in Paris. That's why I jumped on this reissue:

I still have a few others, but I'm going to stop there for wristwatches, and I'll put two or three photos of pocket watches:

Old and very rare:

Another, a little less old, but just as rare:

Well, I will stop there for the moment, but you econologist friends, what do you have on your wrist?

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/15, 00:00

It's all beautiful!

I haven't had a watch for 2 or 3 years ... I don't dare to talk about the Japanese brands I wore because I will feel ridiculous :D

I have been looking for a moment, in vain, for a beautiful watch that recharged with the movement of the user because I am tired of having to change the batteries after a few months ... maybe you can advise me?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/06/15, 00:47

Watches are an integral part of the cultural heritage of the Swiss.

The French are surely less attached to this object than the Helvetians.

For my part, I have always had a fascination for watches and my best friends are passionate, one announced that I would be self-employed as a repairing watchmaker at the end of the month, the other emigrated to Switzerland. 2 years ago, at Parmigiani.

Automatic watches are my preference, I proudly wore my father's watches from the 50s and 60s.
Then in adolescence, in the mid-80s, rare or innovative quartz watches.
Ancestor of the smartphone, I was very proud of my Casio Data Bank Watch which was used as a calculator, diary, directory, ...
I had badly locked the clasp, it left my wrist while leaving the plane during a parachute jump ...

I then returned to the automatic, SEIKO massively distributing its SEIKO 5 models with day and date, as well as the offset winder offset at very affordable prices (around forty €) even in supermarkets.

This watch has served me faithfully for two decades despite the many outrages it had to endure like falling on a motorcycle ...

I decided, its precision no longer corresponding to my expectations to replace it with a model as solid, elegant and discreet while being more precise.
My choice fell on the innovative "KINETIC" movement proposed by SEIKO. : Mrgreen:
Unfortunately, the prices, above 200 € for watches with plastic cases and straps did not suit me ... Until, thanks to the bay, I found a LORUS Kinetic for 25 €.
She was 5 years old and I have been wearing it for 10 years, 365 days a year.
She is a wonderful and reliable companion, exactly what I was looking for.
I think it is a good illustration of an econologist's approach. It is a durable product (solid steel security bracelet), requiring no battery while offering the precision of a quartz watch. : Mrgreen:

That said, I dreamed a lot about an automatic watch that represented the synthesis of my passions as a young man, freshly engaged in naval aviation, it was 30 years ago ...
Swiss, Automatic, chrono, date and day, titanium case, design of exemplary elegance and sobriety (Porsche Design):
I think today it would be indecent for the econologist that I am spending money in an IWC Titan Chronograph Porsche Design.
I am not one of those who think they have missed their life if, at 50, they could not afford an object deemed expensive to display as a marker of their social success ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/15, 01:39

Nice Citro story and nice death for your Casio !!!

Uh what you call automatic watches are those that charge without batteries?

:?:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 18/06/15, 08:54

I had in the past quartz hand watches we will say Swiss brand for two or three ... Oddly they are all in a drawer at home because they stopped and the batteries lasted as in your case Christophe that a few months at most .. One day I went to see my neighbor (spouty magnetizer healer) for a problem of contracture in the lumbar region on a Sunday morning ... Would you like to do the same thing as me ??? Because you can ... You would not have noticed that you stop watches or other bizarre phenomena on electronic equipment ??? As this guy makes me a little freaking out and I don't really believe in it, I diverted the rapidos conversation and I went back to my penates ... I still tried to change a watch battery ... She is in my bedside table drawer and it has been rotating since ... my kids take it no problem I take it one or two weeks and presto it stops.
Anyway, I'm not wearing a watch ... I have big problems with touch screens (whatever they are) when I touch a LED lamp, some LEDs light up and memories are distant (when I was in an electronic tray) : absurd measurements of the oscillators that derailed ...) came back to me suddenly ... I did not become a marabou exorcist magnetizer ... I ride in 106 electric (maybe that is why I have had as many breakdowns) him in Mazerati quatroporte ..
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 18/06/15, 11:40

For me, the answer to the title question would be: an econologist does not wear a watch! It follows the course of the sun.

I don't wear a watch, but today there is the time everywhere: computer, phone, oven, billboards ... At work, I am one of the most punctual, often waiting for others. In private, I am a being who enjoys his freedom to be free ... I eat when I am hungry. Not when it's time ...

The watch is therefore display or affective ... As can be a hat or an anorak ...

I have a gardener's hat in the summer and a "Crocodile Dundee" in the winter ...

I think I would have a bad opinion of myself if I had a Rolex and the feeling of having been a hell of an asshole, a rot, an opportunist, a venal and mercantile being ... This only concerns myself. Do not take it badly, those who have beautiful watches. I express my feelings, about me.

I am good enough, when it is sunny, to guess the time to the nearest quarter of an hour! You really get used to paying attention to the position of the sun ...

Now, I still have, at the bottom of a drawer, a somewhat special watch, bearing the effigy of the French Senate!

I still think I'm an econologist ?????
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/06/15, 12:40

Yes in this area as elsewhere, we have our opinions, our feelings, even small weaknesses.
: Cheesy:

I think that the watch has many symbols in it on this day or the graduates are working on the test of philosophy ...

For my part, it is also one of the most brilliant expressions of human genius. It is a concentrate of very high technologies and know-how. It leaves me in awe.

To answer to Christophe, an automatic watch is a mechanical watch whose spring winds with the movements of the wrist, thus dispensing with the drudgery (or ritual) of manual winding. They generally have an "autonomy" of 24 to 48 hours.

The SEIKO Kinetic movement of my LORUS uses the mechanical principle of an automatic watch to activate an electric generator that recharges an accumulator. This accumulator allows a power reserve (if the watch is stored in a drawer) from a few months to a few years.
I posted above a link which explains the evolutions of the Kinetic system.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/06/15, 12:53

"You have the watch, we have the time" say the Africans very wisely ...
The measurement of time was important for religious practice, then it became essential when that of work exercised its dictatorship.
It remains for me one of the most obvious symbols of voluntary servitude.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 18/06/15, 13:06

Christophe wrote:... I have been looking for a moment, in vain, for a beautiful watch that recharged with the movement of the user ...

I imagine it must be the Samara of the Swiss watchmaker Jean d'Eve:

1033 € for a second hand from 1980 (it is sold):

http://www.chrono24.fr/jeandeve/vintage ... 980748.htm

New, it can go to 50000 €. More for tailor-made.

And it gives the time! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/15, 13:16

Uh ... sometimes you have to know how to go back on your ambitions! : Cheesy:

Not without dec?

There are no cheaper "perpetual" user-driven watches ??? I imagine so ...
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"