Does the biological wheel exist?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Does the biological wheel exist?

by Christophe » 13/10/10, 11:21

Some will laugh while reading this subject, it does not prevent it is serious (well I think ...)

I wonder indeed if there was an animal which moves thanks to the concept of wheel? I haven't really done any research but in my knowledge, I haven't found an answer ...

In short, can we find a "biological wheel" in nature, ie an animal that has one or more wheels in its body that it would use to move?

The wheel is an energy-efficient means of movement, but evolution is always looking for the minimum expenditure of energy ... So would nature and evolution have passed next to the wheel?

There must be a mechanical pivot between the "bati" (the body) and this biological wheel, which biologically is delicate to do (how to supply the wheel with blood or nervous impulse when it turns ...?) This could explain can to be that ...

Still, there are so many strange things in nature that the question deserves to be studied ... right?

Good reflections 8)
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 13/10/10, 11:25

Yes. There is an insect (dung beetle type) which rolls on itself and which rolls to move ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/10/10, 11:33

well yes you understood everything: impossible to make a living wheel: the part that turns would have no blood vessels or nerve ... so could not build itself like all that is alive!

and the only living motor is muscles that make reciprocating movements
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/10, 11:37

Ah yes that's right but it does it only on a slope or does it have a driving force? In any case, it also has legs so it is not its only means of movement.

There are also other insects that rely on spheres (seeds, dried mud) ... to move forward ... or rather to push the sphere ...
0 x
quartz
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by quartz » 13/10/10, 11:46

Hello everybody :D

In the Saharan dessert, there is a spider that descends from the dunes, while rolling.
it folds its legs so that one offers a circular periphery.
Then it rocks on the side and rolls down the dune.
reference here
And then there is the flagellar motor cells, the very one that divides scientists over the theory of evolution.

A+
0 x
Every minute that passes is an opportunity to change the course of your life.
YouTube page, Dailymotion page, Picasa album, personal Pages, Viktor Schauberger
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/10, 11:55

For the spider it joins the dung beetle: it is a possibility of movement but it is not the only one since it still has legs ... on the other hand it answers one of my questions above:

This mode of movement was previously known in only two species of spiders, namely a wolf spider native to the Florida desert and the golden spider (Carparachne aureoflava), which lives in south-west Africa, in the Namibian desert. The latter, however, lets itself roll passively on the slope of the dunes, while the spider discovered in the Sahara actively uses his paws to accelerate.

It is therefore a red biological engine (sphere)!

For the cell with flagellar motor, there yes it approaches but the cell does not directly use the rotary movement to move and it is micro biology ... I would have liked to see a wheel in macro ... : Idea:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/10/10, 12:10

: Cheesy:
Last edited by Obamot the 13 / 10 / 10, 12: 30, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/10, 12:26

Ah ah ah but not Obamot, if the wheels had been made of wood (organic :D) I would have liked but it is apparently in scrap ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/10/10, 12:32

... It exists, ask Road runner:

... beep beep .............................

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

No joke, the race is the precursor of the wheel, moreover to speak of the excursion of a wheel, we speak of "its race". And if the "turn" is not complete, it's just that we can estimate our support as intra-circular of a virtual wheel, which in principle moves forward:

@ squeak :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/10, 13:26

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Say, did you eat a clown this morning?
0 x