The cicada and the ant: A fable and our society

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Former Oceano

The cicada and the ant: A fable and our society

by Former Oceano » 24/03/06, 15:08

Here is a message found on an online gaming site that fits well with our current society. It is based on the fable of the cicada and the ant that everyone knows.

CLASSICAL VERSION

The ant works hard all summer in the heat wave; she builds her house and prepares her provisions for the winter.

The cicada thinks that the ant is stupid; she laughs, dances and plays all summer long.

Once winter is over, the ant is warm and well fed.

The cicada shivering with cold has neither food nor shelter and dies of
cold.

END....

NEW FRENCH VERSION

The ant works hard all summer in the heat wave; she builds her house and prepares her provisions for the winter.

The cicada thinks that the ant is stupid; she laughs, dances and plays all summer long.

Once winter is over, the ant is warm and well fed. The shivering cold cicada organizes a press conference and asks why the ant has the right to be warm and well fed while the other less fortunate as she is cold and hungry.

The TV hosts live shows that show the cicada shivering with cold and passing video clips of the cozy ant in her cozy home with a table full of provisions.

The French are struck that in such a rich country the poor cicada is allowed to suffer while others live in abundance.

The associations against poverty manifest in front of the house of the ant.

Journalists organize interviews asking why the ant has become rich on the back of the cicada and call on the government to raise the ant's taxes so that it pays "its fair share".

In response to polls, the government drafts a law on economic equality and a law (retroactive to the summer) of anti-discrimination.

The ant's taxes are increased and the ant is also fined for not hiring the cicada as aid.

The ant's house is pre-empted by the authorities because the ant does not have enough money to pay the fine and taxes.

The ant leaves France to settle successfully in Switzerland.

The television reports on the cicada now fattened. She is finishing the last provisions of the ant although spring is still far away.

The former home of the ant became social housing for the cicada deteriorates because it did nothing to maintain it.

Reproaches are made to the government for the lack of means. A commission of inquiry is set up, which will cost 10 Millions of euros.

The cicada dies of an overdose; Liberation and Humanity comment on the failure of the government to seriously address the problem of social inequality.

The house is squatted by a gang of immigrant spiders; the government welcomes the multicultural diversity of France.

Spiders organize marijuana smuggling and terrorize the community.

END
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 24/03/06, 15:13

I died laughing, it is excellent this story, but really excellent home excellent, I feasted.
Thank you ex-oceano, wonderful find.
The end is twisting.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/06, 15:50

Frankly ... I do not hang on at all.

Sorry, but it looks like a speech of LePen makeup ... I feel that the subject will launch a controversy (as we like them here!)

I much preferred in the same type of joke that of the evening told by 1 guy in 1 line and his girlfriend after 20 lines ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 24/03/06, 15:54

Oh no, I have a graphic tablet I'm not for LePen ....

By cons of the minutes of the evening by 1 guy and his girlfriend I do not know ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/06, 16:08

former oceanic wrote:Oh no, I have a graphic tablet I'm not for LePen ....

By cons of the minutes of the evening by 1 guy and his girlfriend I do not know ...

Well ... I'll try to find her ... but where to look?
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 24/03/06, 16:10

Econology wrote:Frankly ... I do not hang on at all.

Sorry, but it looks like a speech of LePen makeup ... I feel that the subject will launch a controversy (as we like them here!)

I much preferred in the same type of joke that of the evening told by 1 guy in 1 line and his girlfriend after 20 lines ...

Arf, it's a drift of a fable, do not see no more lepen everywhere.
I like it because it denotes remarkably the impotence of the government in the face of the problems of our society.
For the ant, you can imagine any worker, and for the cicada, you can take the case of some officials not very useful and privileged, we can imagine a little as you want.
It is not necessary to put a lepenist character on it.
For me it sums up very well how to make poor ...
And, I find nothing lepeniste, if you think in the end with the gang of spiders, it is true that one could think it, but it is not only the immigrants who make the traffic of shit, far from there I have known some very white Frenchmen, including a son of a civil servant; who at 27 years touched the rmi, lived at dad's house as director of an anpe agency, and who was trading shit. And today dad has boosted it.
Like what, success does not necessarily have to be hard at work, and if the ant goes away, it's because she understands that she has to leave to succeed while she still can.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/06, 16:12

I understood all this ... but I still stay on the 1ere thought ... Wait for the opinion of others ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 24/03/06, 16:29

I had exactly the same impression as you Christophe.

It says that we should not support those who have no income, favor the powerful so that they stay and that the immigrants are there only to loot what is there and do drug trafficking. If it's not a far-right speech, I do not know what it is.

After of course we can argue rightly or wrongly that the assistantship is harmful or pushed too much and I could even agree.

But this fable is clearly in the direction of the far right and I don't like the shortcut immigrant -> trafficker, poor -> slacker at all
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/03/06, 16:33

Here ... and in the same way we can put the unemployed long-term young graduate (like me): Zon not found a job in the first 6 months post graduate and after it's screwed up for them ... And of course it's because they do not want to work, they are dirty wankers profiteer of social minima and it is well done for their jaws anyway!
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 24/03/06, 16:38

Obviously, seen like that ...
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"