The civilization of combustion is amoral

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 10:54

We live in a very special time. Pierre Rabhi calls it a "civilization of combustion". Its particularities?

- A civilization which covers almost the whole extent of the planet: this is a first!

-A civilization that creates wealth for some at the expense of others: it's "already seen!" "

- A civilization which, in the space of a few generations, consumes (and consumes) the energy resources created in a few million years: it is a first and a last!

A conclusion is essential. Our "civilization" is amoral! Its corollaries too: consumer society, food waste, etc. (see below)! Far be it from me to overwhelm the holiday season. Just one more eco-friendly opportunity!

Source: Eco-consumption network newsletter
www.ecoconso.be
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 13/12/08, 11:59

Hi greg

Basically in the morning, what is your temperature?
How do you maintain it throughout the day?

Where is the metabolic defect?
Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Christophe

Re: The combustion civilization is amoral

by Christophe » 13/12/08, 12:08

Gregconstruct wrote:- A civilization which covers almost the whole extent of the planet: this is a first!

False, the Roman Empire also covered all the Earth ... known ...

Gregconstruct wrote:-A civilization that creates wealth for some at the expense of others: it's "already seen!" "

Same: Roman Empire and Egypt ...

Gregconstruct wrote:- A civilization which, in the space of a few generations, consumes (and consumes) the energy resources created in a few million years: it is a first and a last!

And Laigret? We can make oil in 48 hours ... so the "millions of years" that only concerns mineral oil ...

Gregconstruct wrote:A conclusion is essential. Our "civilization" is amoral!

Mwarf ... that he goes back to the middle ages to see if the society of the time was more "just" and more "moral" ... : Shock:

In short, it's starting to hit me on the system, these "big" green people who only bawl at the system ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/12/08, 12:18

Hello everyone,

On this subject, look what Augustin MOUCHOT thought
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 12:23

That's what I said to myself my dear webmunster : Mrgreen:
As you say, a lot of wind blows and very few act.

bpval wrote:Hi greg

Hello

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I'm hot all dayImage

Side metabolic defect, there is indeed one, I am hypermetabolic therefore, when I am prompted at the restaurant it is better to choose one or everything is at will : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/08, 12:25

bpval wrote:Hi greg

Hello

Hey Saturday night drink it starts Saturday night, not breakfast !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 13/12/08, 12:31

Never drink with us : Mrgreen:

0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: The combustion civilization is amoral

by highfly-addict » 13/12/08, 12:48

Christophe wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:- A civilization which covers almost the whole extent of the planet: this is a first!

False, the Roman Empire also covered all the Earth ... known ...

Rhooo! bad faith !

Christophe wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:-A civilization that creates wealth for some at the expense of others: it's "already seen!" "

Same: Roman Empire and Egypt ...

Any civilization does that, right?

Christophe wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:- A civilization which, in the space of a few generations, consumes (and consumes) the energy resources created in a few million years: it is a first and a last!

And Laigret? We can make oil in 48 hours ... so the "millions of years" that only concerns mineral oil ...

What is he doing here? First of all, nothing tells us for the moment (!) That we will find an effective substitute (profitability, eco balance sheet) for mineral oil. And even so, if we succeed, then we will end up transforming all the available and "useless (in the economic sense of course!)" Biomass into oil. Personally, I don't want this world !.
Having said that, Laigret or not, Greg is right, our MAGNIFICENT technological "genius" will have overcome the fossil fuel reserves in a few decades.

Christophe wrote:
Gregconstruct wrote:A conclusion is essential. Our "civilization" is amoral!

Mwarf ... that he goes back to the middle ages to see if the society of the time was more "just" and more "moral" ... : Shock:

In short, it's starting to hit me on the system, these "big" green people who only bawl at the system ...

Rhoo .... Again! Rabhi speaks of the amorality of our civilization towards other civilizations, not of social morality in the sense of the morality of the "era".
As for the last sentence ..... I think your words exceeded your thought. Do you really know who P. Rabhi is? Do you know his fights and what he does on a daily basis? I assure you, he doesn't just "bawl" on the system ...

Well, we can't all agree all the time.

Greetings.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/12/08, 13:00

I know (a little) the work of rabhi it is especially in agriculture it seems to me.

What bothers me about this statement is that it does absolutely nothing at all ... new ...

Regarding Laigret, on the contrary it makes perfect sense because Laigret + micro algae = no more depletion of petroleum = no more greenhouse effect of petroleum

Be careful, that doesn't mean that we have to overconsume it ... but that humanity will never run out of oil again (not necessarily cheap but it will exist!) ...

On the other hand, developing this breaks a whole theme of "great ecologists" ...

You don't want it? Ben free to you to return to the Middle Ages, but 99% of people will not follow you so your action will have no impact ... Just a question: what are you heating up there?
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 13/12/08, 15:10

When I write "don't want it", it's not exactly synthetic oil I'm talking about.
In fact, I do not want a world totally enslaved to the cause of Man.
Currently and only "thanks" to such "practical" fossil fuels, our civilization, which I would describe as "superenergetic", is establishing itself as a world model for humanity.
But, for reasons not only energy, this model is not sustainable (overcrowding, soil destruction, water pollution, drastic reduction in biodiversity, etc., etc.).

What if we manage to synthesize oil? For my part I think that oil is like a drug for our current society and that getting it a substitute will only prolong the addiction .... and that thus, even with expensive oil, we will happily continue to " develop "(read pullulate is possible).

Granted, the oil thus obtained is not fossil, so it does not modify the atmospheric balance by its combustion. Very well. What frightens me is the quantity of natural "resources" (space, nutrients in particular) that would have to be mobilized to replace oil.

Besides, I would like to know a little about the orders of magnitude involved but I admit I am lazy to do the necessary research and calculations! Let's say that my intuition tells me that the surfaces concerned would be immense and the removal from the "natural" environment remaining for the enormous nutrient supply.

This is what "I don't want". However, this vision does not imply a return to the Middle Ages at all! Rather, a search for simplicity.

For the heating, good there, obviously I am in transition in my life at the moment and therefore for two years and for this winter again it is awful nuclear (in rent) ...

That said, I am currently working on a wood heating cut / split / brought back to elbow oil in a self-built hut (I don't mean house) very well insulated.

There, I do what I can .... to simply continue to envisage a future.

edit: like I'm going to change my meadow donkeys!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"