Small mushroom picking and a great catch!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/08/06, 18:51

Cuicui wrote:Glad to see your face, Christophe!
Brought back yesterday (to two) from the forest behind my house, three baskets overflowing with burgundy porcini mushrooms and red-footed boletus.

Idea: a small trombinoscope subject on the forum does that tell you?
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 28/08/06, 21:31

yeah i am for the trombinoscope !!
for now, there's only you and pitmix whose face we know.

for the porcini, you disgust me, I'm in paris, and there's nothing good that grows in the area! : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:
That said, I have already taken larger: 2.050Kg the porcini. 32cm in diameter ... too old to be eaten, however, the barley next to it was great. But it was not a game, it was in the middle of the black Périgord ... : Lol:
for the amateurs, I recall that the oronges, or amanita of the caesars, are eaten as well raw as poellées and that they are in the corners with porcini mushrooms (or in edge of these), at the very beginning or just at the end of a porcini mushroom shoot, preferably on a rising moon (generally the end of the first quarter). check out the Wikipedia on the barley before harvesting anything anyway.

but I will not give you my coins ... : Cheesy:

-Pollux
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 28/08/06, 22:27

If someone can tell me the interesting areas in Calvados, I am interested : Mrgreen: (roughly eh .. I'm not asking you for your "corners", I know you shouldn't dream ...)

PS: a recent discussion with Christophe led us to realize that his coulemelles were not really ... so don't forget to check your pickings carefully, even if you think you know them well ... let's be careful !!
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 28/08/06, 22:57

aouch! the only mushroom I know that is confusable with a coullemelle is the panther amanita !!! mortal! be careful with these things. we almost lost our favorite webmaster ... : Shock:

for the corners in calvados, I have not. on the other hand, for areas where porcini mushrooms grow, you should preferably look in a poorly maintained wood of chestnut trees or mixed oaks of chestnut trees (but where there is oak ... there is no pleasure ... : Mrgreen: you have the right to put it in the list of jokes with two balls this one :| ), in ivy carpets, under ferns, and especially near what are called "codres". it is the chestnut trees whose trunk was cut and which started again for a good ten years. look for a slightly calcareous ground, oriented north-west to east-north-east, humid but far from any watercourse.
If you find a porcini mushroom at the foot of a tree, go around it, and prospect along the same level line. the mycelium sometimes runs over 20m. if you find at the start of the shoot two or three very young porcini mushrooms, return exactly to the same place the next day at dawn, there is a good chance that there will be three others if you have not destroyed the mycelium by wildly uprooting the porcini mushrooms from the previous day or by trampling on the ground.
last clarification, the porcini does not like rotten wood, it prefers the dead leaves in thick carpet, and especially, it adores the rising moon.

[ball-to-ball mode] Finally, if you find a big orange-brown slug that sleeps under a tree and rotates from time to time, look around !! or ask her (gently, huh, not by phone book) to find out where the remains of her last meal are hidden. if the slug is green, forget the interrogation, it has eaten an amanita ... : Lol: / [two-ball blocking mode]
pollux (which has just been confit of duck with sarladaise apples and porcini mushrooms (canned : Cry: : Cry: ) poellées; just to get revenge : Mrgreen: . christophe gave me a shot of gastronomic nostalgia with his giant porcini)
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Giul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Giul » 29/08/06, 06:46

Hello,

Here, a trick to force the worms to decamp (at least not when it's a favella with more worms than flesh ..)
- cut the cepes in 4 or 6
- place them in a transparent sachet type vegetable sachet at the supermarket
-inflate the bag, and increase the pressure by turning the mouthpiece, when it is very firm: tie, put everything under / against one or 2 large books, wait 10mm and ..... observe the "harvest" on the internal walls of the bag !!

good appetite @ +
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 29/08/06, 08:21

powdered pepper too, they sneeze and they get knocked out,
: Cheesy: in reality: the same effect
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 29/08/06, 09:34

Hello,
And I who wasted my time fishing ... :| :| :|

Finally, I even brought back 2 Kg of crayfish : Mrgreen:

(will go for a walk in "my" corners at champi next WE!)

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 29/08/06, 09:36

Christophe wrote:Idea: a small trombinoscope subject on the forum does that tell you?

Agree in principle. but nobody is going to want to talk to me once you see my face : Lol:

Pollux wrote:pollux (which has just been confit of duck with sarladaise apples and porcini mushrooms (canned : Cry: : Cry: ) poellées; just to get revenge : Mrgreen: . christophe gave me a shot of gastronomic nostalgia with his giant porcini)

Real Sarladese PTOs? Cooked in duck fat with garlic and salted with coarse salt?
Canned porcini mushrooms ... if they are homemade canned, it's worth - almost - the costs ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 29/08/06, 12:03

Rulian wrote:If someone can tell me the interesting areas in Calvados, I am interested : Mrgreen: (roughly eh .. I'm not asking you for your "corners", I know you shouldn't dream ...)

PS: a recent discussion with Christophe led us to realize that his coulemelles were not really ... so don't forget to check carefully your picking, even if you think you know it well ... let's be careful !!

Hello,
Are you sure ? from the photos, it seems to me that these are high lepiotes, so coulemelles : Cry:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 29/08/06, 12:15

econology wrote:and full of worms

Owl! You even have meat with it! : Shock: : Shock:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"