Petition against light pollution

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
jmarc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Petition against light pollution

by jmarc » 25/04/09, 12:09

Hello,
Before Grenelle 2, which is to be held towards the end of the year, a petition has been launched so that the problem of light pollution is properly taken into account at the regulatory level.
http://www.astrotophe.fr.nf/petition/
For the record, We must remember that light pollution due in large part to unreasonable public lighting, has a considerable impact on biodiversity (pollinating insects, migratory birds ...) on energy consumption and of course on our portfolio (30 to 40% of a municipal budget). Studies show that the security effect on burglaries and road safety is very questionable and that without going back to the Middle Ages, it may not be useful to increase the lighting as much. (increase in the luminous halo of nocturnal light pollution was measured by satellite at 5 to 10% per year for the end of the 1990s). The lighting syndicate (EDF, the sellers of lampposts and bulbs) wants minimum standards for lighting. We want maximum standards and that environmental protection associations are represented on the committees.
The petition with which many environmental protection associations are associated reaches almost 10000 signatories. If you wish to participate:
http://www.astrotophe.fr.nf/petition/
0 x
Tiboshadow06
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Tiboshadow06 » 26/04/09, 14:42

It's done for my part, next : Arrow:
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 26/04/09, 17:24

yes, it's done too, but personally, I always wondered what all these petitions were really for !!!!

And why not a petition against human bullshit? there would however be work on the subject!

but hey, if you like petitions, here is one that concerns me particularly in the exercise of my profession, that against bisphenol A in food containers, such as bottles or 1st age plates!
http://www.botanic.com/petition_bis_phenol_a.html
0 x
jmarc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jmarc » 27/04/09, 19:26

Thank you for your participation. For the National Association for the Protection of the Sky and the Night Environment, this is a very important year, where we will finally (perhaps) have legislation in this area.

http://anpcen.fr/
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/04/09, 16:23

It is done !
I am also not sure of the effectiveness of the petitions, but it is so annoying all these lights that try to light Mars!
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Heracles
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Heracles » 30/04/09, 10:05

Hello!

Excellent initiative as this petition! It is time to return to a little common sense when it comes to lighting. Light pollution is a real scourge, we no longer even realize that we no longer see the stars in many places ...
Animals are seriously affected, living and feeding mainly at night.
And what about the waste: an illuminated roundabout of 10 street lamps of 250W, it is on average 25kWh that go out in light (therefore in heat) each night. Something to heat a house!

Friendship to all,

Heracles : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 30/04/09, 10:19

All this energy wasted on the altar of comfort and security

and that prevents me from seeing the sky correctly
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^