New mailing list management system

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

New mailing list management system

by Christophe » 27/04/06, 12:47

Following problems rather insolvent of reception of the mails of certain members of the site, I set up a new system of management of mailing list which I hope more reliable and flexible!

I would change the site registration box and add a registration box on the forum if I cannot automate the implementation "registration to forum -> subscription to the mailing automatically ".

Benefit for you : much easier to choose between HTML or TEXT emails and unsubscribe. (bug with the old version). No sweets or lost emails.

Advantage for us : much easier management of writing and sending.

Obviously the members already registered (site + forum ) will be automatically registered on the new system. (with TEXT format by default, if you wish to receive in HTML, you will have to change your parameters).
But in any case, it will not be necessary to re-register (phew! :) ).

For any comments / problem, please use the forum.
(in fact I am not sure that the new system will solve the concerns, so if the regulars could give me a hand / feedback of all kinds I would appreciate ...)

Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/04/06, 15:38

Voila I set up the new system.

If some regulars of forum could test the system that would be nice.

Try all the possibilities: registration, unsubscription, format ... and look at the different emails you receive (or not) in your inbox for each action.

For the moment I put a compulsory registration confirmation (it's a bit heavier but it's history to avoid registration by robots ..)

Goods.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/05/06, 15:48

I come import the emails of subscribers to forum in the mail database.

All members of the forums registered BEFORE May 1 will now receive news from the site via the Newsletter.

Members of forum subscribed AFTER May 1st can choose whether or not to subscribe to the Newsletter. The process is not automatic.

IMPORTANT: if nevertheless by being registered in the forum you do not / no longer wish to receive a Newsletter, simply enter your e-mail in the subscription / unsubscribe form at the top on all pages of the forum.
0 x