Re-Boost them forums: topics, shares, conviviality ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Re-Boost them forums: topics, shares, conviviality ...

by Petrus » 27/11/20, 00:07

This icon was very useful to know the unread messages (white icon for read messages and yellow for unread messages)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/11/20, 01:02

GREAT!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/20, 10:56

Petrus wrote:This icon was very useful to know the unread messages (white icon for read messages and yellow for unread messages)

Certainly, but it was so small and therefore almost unreadable that I think that few members used this function ...

And above all, there is always the function:

First unread post

At the top left of each subject ... not yet viewed (be careful, the function will be deleted once you have clicked on it or visited the page of the message in question ... logical ...)

Screenshot_2020-11-27 Resignation of Dr Raoult, supporter of Chloroquine, from the Scientific Council Covid19.png
Screenshot_2020-11-27 Resignation of Dr Raoult, supporter of Chloroquine, from the Scientific Council Covid19.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

And also there is the page of all your unread messages
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 27/11/20, 22:41

Christophe wrote:...
There obviously also has competition from social networks, especially at last facebook, which as I said for years "vampirizes" Internet users which are almost more than on FB and thus abandoning the rest of the web ...

Here is for the facts ... then, as I have more "cartridge" in mind there I share this concern with you, the question is summed up in one [b] "What can we do to restart the activity on the forum? "...

I answer as if it is still relevant, which I don't know. There is a reason to be made: forums discussion, it's old stuff, it's outdated. You cannot hope to be successful by going against the grain like this. Few of the young people forum. Today they tweet, at a pinch they facebook, or sometimes comment on articles. It has become the rule to give away his cookie-cutter opinion on anything.
Consider those who trade here as an endangered species, an "elite" that delivers its last stand. :)
If you want people, you have to change the form, but it will certainly be to the detriment of the richness of the exchanges (which is saying a lot because even on a forum, and even if it's richer than tweets, it doesn't always soar very high).

People who do not practice forum as contributors, often avoid them as readers as well. I see you put a lot of material on COVID, but it's not on a forum that these people will be looking for reliable info. Better this material in articles with, in addition to the possibility of leaving a comment, an easy reference to the forum to discuss it (eg with automatic creation of the subject if it is not yet, or even without the need to create an account - it's risky I know -), it could perhaps attract new blood.
I believe that articles can attract people to the forum, not the other way around, especially if people know whoever wrote them is there (they can tell him what they think for better or worse) and then the two work in synergy. Amha, these are the articles that need to be visible on Google, not our contributor prose.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/11/20, 00:22

Exnihiloest wrote:it might attract new blood.

If you understood what the Mayor wants then you are really seeing extra-lucid : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"