The car stinks, it pollutes, and it makes stupid!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 01/02/06, 17:22

yesh,

whether you drive 35 km per Liter or you need 2,8 L per 100 ....

We are smart no, we get by even without calculator :)
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 02/02/06, 08:16

Hello,
Have you wondered what would happen if tomorrow only half of the people in a big city like Brussels or Paris for example decided to take public transport?
I recently discussed it with friends, they all agree: they wonder what is the% 'tage of cities ready to support such a quantity of travelers, in their opinion, and to which I join, it must to be really very low. : Idea:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/06, 09:01

Bibiphoque wrote:Hello,
Have you wondered what would happen if tomorrow only half of the people in a big city like Brussels or Paris for example decided to take public transport?
I recently discussed it with friends, they all agree: they wonder what is the% 'tage of cities ready to support such a quantity of travelers, in their opinion, and to which I join, it must to be really very low. : Idea:
@+

Yes you are right but it will not happen ... except serious crisis.
But personally I see the thing differently: such a situation would cause a shortfall for the monstrous State .... (in 2004, 1% less fuel sales was, according to the JT, 1 Billion € dry loss)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 02/02/06, 09:26

Bibiphoque wrote:Hello,
@+

It is much easier to move people massively in a city using public transport than with roads and cars. It is indeed much more energy efficient, it is much more planable and above all, it occupies infinitely less space to transport a person. And the excessive use of space is one of the first problems posed by cars in the city.

Anyway, for intramural Paris and the small belt, there are already certainly more than half of the people who take public transport. The oversaturation problems are first of all due to the oversized size of the city. This problem arises bcp less in Lille, Lyon and probably Brussels (there I do not know I have never been).

I return your question: imagine if the millions of Parisians who take public transport daily decided to switch to the car ... it would be dantesque !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/06, 09:38

Rulian wrote:I return your question: imagine if the millions of Parisians who take public transport daily decided to switch to the car ... it would be dantesque !!

Hihihihiih bcp flipping this question : Lol:
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 16/02/06, 12:43

Hello,
Yes, dantesque !!
I'll give you an example: to go to work I have to move 10 KM because the box moved, before it was 60 M from my house (I was the one who looked for an apartment nearby, I like not get up early! : Mrgreen: ! )
I tried public transport, first, the journey is longer because it is not dirrect at all, I have to change 3 times on the way
About 12 to 13 KM.
Duration of morning journey in personal car 15min
"by public transport between 45 and 60 min
in the evening return personal car 35 to 40 minutes
By public transport between 1h and 1h45 depending on the day.
For me, there is no photo as they say, I use my car and I do my shopping on the way back.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 16/02/06, 17:46

some believe that the solar car can never exist.

I believe the opposite and it already exists.

http://www.solidworks.fr/pages/news/pre ... rofOne.htm

Only, we have to rethink the automobile, and people are doing it.
It is surprising.
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 16/02/06, 17:51

Paldeolien wrote:some believe that the solar car can never exist.

I believe the opposite and it already exists.

http://www.solidworks.fr/pages/news/pre ... rofOne.htm

Only, we have to rethink the automobile, and people are doing it.
It is surprising.

They don't say much about the working principle, too bad.
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 16/02/06, 18:03

At least now we know it's doable and that it exists, let's stop being pessimistic.
Now it's a story of governments and leaders ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/06, 18:17

Paldeolien wrote:Now it's a story of governments and leaders ...

A people has the leaders it deserves .... No comment!
0 x