The Ecoquille comes out of its shell

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 31/12/07, 11:20

gegyx wrote:About to open the debate on the shell that comes out of their shell ...

I have a few dozen to open tonight ...

Another one who will kill poor little oysters without defense with a big blow of gastric acid !!! Sad! : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 31/12/07, 11:28

What noise on this subject!
I think that the shell has its place in the individual habitat, even if I do not adhere to 100% to its aesthetic that is a little caravan or American caravan in aluminum.
But the interesting is the design of the arches, from which we can imagine other forms, including round, like what Domespace does with glulam beams glued. Moreover, the similarity does not stop there, insulation on the ground and on the roof of 30 cm in cork.
Regarding composite joists is already seen in home builders wood.
The real innovation is the parts of the arches, I do not know how you make your square keyholes, it must take time but if the holes were round, the arch would collapse this not?
You use expensive materials, cork, larch, you push the requirement far enough (quadruple glazing) and I guess you have aligned your prices according to what is found on the market in HLL but the interest of this kind of HLL would, for its development, further reduce costs.
I would contact you elsewhere on your site because I would be quite tempted by an HLL in my garden, possibly round (if you feel like it) knowing that I can have douglas galore and cheap (for the terrace for example) .
Can you confirm that I can build an HLL in my garden?
0 x
FrançoisEcoquille
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Many answers to your questions and debate

by FrançoisEcoquille » 02/01/08, 18:17

Hello, here François, the dad of the écoquilles, who will try to answer the few questions asked on this forum. I do not know how to use a forum, I hope it's gonna be all right...
I invite everyone to go to my site, www.pierre.verte.com, to better discover the écoquilles and to read there the answers to the questions which you ask yourself and which I will report there.

Okay, I'll clarify some points. First, the people and their respective roles. The company Efdé Innovations, which manufactures and sells ecoquilles, was founded by myself (see CV on my site) and has two partners, Martine, my companion in life who deals with the commercial relationship, and Pierre-Elie which helps me put my ideas into practice. Pierre-Elie is a little under thirty, he is convinced of ecology and trained in the design of wood constructions. He has created an eco-construction consulting firm, in his own name, which devotes almost all his activity to the Ecoquille. Pierre-Elie therefore participates in the design on the technical level essentially, but not that in practice too, the hand in the dough. He is so passionate about the subject that it takes two hours to fall asleep every night, to stir all the ideas we have, to draw the conclusions that our prototypes inspire us, to imagine developments for our concept. And when he wakes up in the morning, it is already with the Eco-head in his head, ready to work and to turn his mind. He seriously caught the virus! He is overmotivated and ready to put everything on the mat so that the Ecoquilles can grow. It's no longer a job for him, it's a priesthood, as for me.
Martine, she has other professional activities, especially for my editions of La Pierre Verte. But it is necessarily very involved in the Ecoquille project and is usually the relay of the reflections of our future customers. She is therefore responsible for defining their wishes, guiding them, advising them. The purchase of a house is a delicate and important business for everyone and Martine reassures, explains, demonstrates the overall coherence of our innovative habitat, while allowing us to take into account the suggestions expressed by those interested. We must also mention Laurence, the editorial secretary of La Pierre Verte, who puts a little order in our paperwork and helps me on various management points.
In July 2007, we hired two young employees, Clement and Hugues, to build and build our prototypes. Clement found the job too hard, too far from his studies. He was a bit young for such a job. Hugues, soon to be thirty too, received training on building and ecology. He likes the atmosphere in our company and that's what motivated him at first. But he too ended up falling crazy Ecoquille and he gets high on our sites to realize our common dream. He caught the virus, seriously, and he's still a passionate addition to our team, really passionate. Pierre-Elie and Hugues are happy to work on the Ecoquille because it develops their creativity and their skills. She also puts their work, their lives, in accordance with their convictions. They see it as a long-term future, a vocation. Fingers crossed for all of this to happen quickly.
And then, we have fans, sometimes fervent. Everyone has his way of acting and I think of Michel Marchand, the oasis of Bellecombe in the Drôme that moves heaven and earth for alternative housing, I think the team of the AES and François Plassard, who would like eco-hells of écocles, to Stanislas who gave us a hand, to Brigitte and Evelyne, first Ecocilian who made the realization of the dream possible by adopting it totally, to Jean-Michel, president of the association Ecorce who presents us everywhere on the occasion, not to mention our suppliers, helping hands and support (Aliécor, Aquabrasion, Ecolopole, Ecology and Heritage, Gino Zanin, etc) and now to Frédéric Thanron who proposed to launch a network or an association of ecoquiliens. I have not met him yet but he activates himself and the present post in this forum is the consequence.
So much for the actors and their roles, to avoid confusion and to thank them for what they are and do. Now let's go to the questions asked messages after messages.

First of all, inertia. Indeed, the shell has no inertia, and it is wanted. Inertia this represents the weight of materials, by nature, and we seek to lighten the shell as much as possible. In addition, those who have long lived in old mud houses (I am) know that the inertia is good in summer because we can capture the cool night but in general the effect fades after a few days, or two or three weeks, because always comes the moment when the inertia of the house is overtaken by the surrounding climate. In winter, the inertia of a dwelling makes it possible to smooth out the temperature differences due to the heating of this or that type, but it requires a lot of energy to be effective. For example, a wood-burning stove (I have one) has so much inertia that it starts to heat up two or three hours after you come home from work and brings comfort most of the time during the night, when we need it less. In a house with high inertia, it is necessary to heat constantly, moderately and with a lot of infrared radiation. That's why the old chimneys were so big. The embers radiated on a maximum surface to sufficiently load the walls. In the ecockpells, it is the insulation which plays a primordial role. Heating needs are very low for three reasons: a small volume of air to heat, no thermal bridge with the external temperature, walls that do not consume the energy inside, without any inertia. On the other hand we propose a type of very reactive heating, radiant heating mirrors, which bring all the necessary comfort. They will be so little used that we hope to heat our homes with very little electricity, so little that our houses will soon be the first to be heated by photovoltaic. We favored insulation because it is the only efficient, ecological, economic and sustainable way.

Another question: Louphil was worried about the renewability of the materials used in the shell and the "excessive" use of renewable resources from agriculture such as wood. So there, I invite those interested to read my book "I'm waiting for a house" which details the environmental consequences for each of the possible construction options. Regarding the eco-shells, the cork we use comes exclusively from recycling corks. It should also be noted that the cork oak plantations are currently underexploited in the world, practically abandoned in France, Morocco, Greece, Spain, Algeria, following a hegemonistic policy of Portugal in the matter. For other woods, knowing that France gains 30.000 hectares of forest each year, it would take tens of thousands of shellfish each year to stop this expansion of the national forest. This is all the less unlikely since half of the wood in the shellfish also comes from the recycling of shavings from the furniture industry. It would therefore be necessary for 100% of new construction in the world to be done according to our criteria for this to begin to pose a problem for the environment. For hemp wool, it is known that the cultivation of this plant is fast and without fertilizers or pesticides. Faced with all this, it is indeed plastics and other products derived from petroleum that are being exhausted and, precisely, the eco-shell is an alternative to avoid the crisis towards which we are advancing too fast.

Another question: the écoquilles are constructions too individual wrote another contributor, Gregconstruct. I invite you then very hard to read the little news that I laid, way fiction, and whose URL is http://www.pierreverte.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=105. She explains in novelistic terms what I think of the trial that is being made to the inhabitants of single-family homes, an absurd and ill-intentioned trial, led by frustrated and jealous city dwellers (!), Victims and accomplices of shameless propaganda. big manufacturers (not less). And ecology must not be an excuse for the strangulation of our freedoms. As it is written in this forum, everyone dreams of a home to oneself. The big together, the rabbit cages, it is not suitable for anyone, not even rabbits. To complete, here are some orders of magnitude: if we take the world population and put two people per square meter, standing, do you think that takes place? Let's calculate: it's a half French department, hardly. And if we count a little less than 2 billions of human homes in the world, with 300 square meters of land for each, which is already quite comfortable, we arrive at an area of ​​550 billion m2, 550.000 square kilometers, the area of ​​France in all and for all, this to accommodate decently all the inhabitants of the planet, each with its space to grow some vegetables, to compost, to store rainwater, to pose photovoltaic sensors, etc. Dear ecological friends, beware: the idea that rural people are big consumers of energy is pure propaganda. All calculations and serious and historical indices prove the opposite. Do not let us abuse. And for us, the ecoquille is precisely the best solution, given its low weight, to solve the questions of urban planning of the future. Grouped together in a hamlet, they are the only possible habitat for the well-being of both populations and the planet (well-being that we do not want to oppose to each other).

Another question: hability. Decidedly, dear Gregconstruct, you would have to come and see the results of our work before making your comments too theoretical and conventional. Because, indeed, we worked so much that we can affirm that an écoquille systematically presents 30 with 50% of habitability in more, compared to an ordinary house. We put sliding doors between the rooms, our radiators enlarge the space instead of consuming (mioirs), no useless corridor, no space boiler room, no combustible tank, no room for the cumulus, lighting specially designed to optimize interior spaces, etc ... We focused on the issue of livability to offer a home out of standard and much more spacious than another. In addition, all spaces under 1,8 m are not counted fiscally, which makes it even more economical. We also believe that it is useless to heat the corners of a house, the volumes under ceiling, etc.

Hence another question: ventilation. Here again, pay attention to propaganda. The current recommendations are given in the context of a habitat whose indoor air is dangerous. Obviously you have to air if you live in a polystyrene box (styrene is a violent neurotoxic) or if your heating needs oxygen. But in a shell the need for air renewal is limited to the breathing of the inhabitants, that is to say, very little. In addition, we have decided to separate the ventilation functions from the lighting function and we do not want to be aired by opening the windows. The windows give light and they are adjustable openings that allow ventilation. We take the fresh air to the north, below the shell, and the stale air escapes upwards, in the middle of the shell, by thermosyphon, that is to say without mechanical assistance. The advantage of this method is its energetic sobriety, its fine adjustment, its ease to couple with a Canadian well.

Well, I stop there. However, there is still plenty to write and we will do it. Amicologically, François

Ps: I read, following an internal debate at this forum : "Extremist behavior in defense of a cause (whatever it is) has unfortunately only rarely made things happen in the right direction. Quite the contrary ...." Let me say what I have to say. I think: I totally disagree with this sentence and I affirm on the contrary that only the most radical among us are able to make things happen. Descartes wreaked havoc in our brains like this desire to send everything back to back and no longer allow value judgment under the pretext of respect for others. Today, we are doing an article on wind turbines to praise their merits, and we leave the floor to EDF (via the association Vent de Colère) to make a counterpart, totally useless and dishonest. It is claimed that shepherds have serious reasons for not wanting bears nearby, when they earn ten times more from losing a sheep in its clutches than selling it to slaughter. All in all, we would like to put everything on an equal footing, and the value, the ethics, disappears. We say that Nazism and Communism are the same, etc ... We measure the usefulness of a project by its weight in euros, while investing in a hospital or an aircraft carrier has nothing to do with . Sorry but I do not subscribe to this false moderation and I affirm, like Goethe, that "Nothing great has been done on this earth without passion". I think if Gandhi had been intellectually French, he would never have existed. In short, I want to defend my ideas, and my actions, with my teeth if necessary. I know, this thought won't grow in the eyes of many. Well, too bad. I am not ready to water my wine when it comes to protecting the environment. I prefer those who are linked in front of the buldozzers in the Aspe Valley to those who dissert on the tone of such or such comment. The moderation that we would like to demonstrate, purely intellectual, makes the bed of generalized deception, manipulation, lies. And it is because of this hesitation in our convictions that the world is getting worse and worse. So courage and let's fight. Yes, let's fight ... There's no choice. It's a struggle. To pass the shell, the fight will require a lot more from me than the bit of thumb that I lost two months ago on a saw and the tens of thousands of euros that I had to take out of my pockets, without any certainty of return and at the risk of sinking my other professional activities. To do ecology today, serious and sincere ecology, that's a hell of a game. Let’s not imagine that this has become commonplace. It is not the new demagos for cars and the harmful return of heat pumps that can convince of a change in our society. No, I think, on the contrary, the fish are being drowned like never before. Again, I refer you to "Phase 2", my little novel that says a lot on the subject.
Last edited by FrançoisEcoquille the 06 / 01 / 08, 12: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
The daddy of the Ecoquilles
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 02/01/08, 20:59

Hi François,

I am not at war against individual homes, far from it! I would rather be at war with what you call the rabbit cages. In fact, I misrepresented that the concept was too individual.
What I meant was that I was wondering if it would be applicable to a multi-storey building.
I would like to see the famous rabbit cages disappear and I would find it interesting that your concept is applicable to multi-family dwellings.

Regarding habitability, I already discussed with martine. She suggested that I come to see you in Fréjus. But as I said, I live in Belgium so it's a long way.
On the other hand, as I am a mountaineer, I will say hello to you if I come to feel the alpine granite. A small hook to see your achievements I would like a lot!

ps: We must not confuse extremism and take a stand in defending tooth and nail. Extremism is unthinking, but true revolutionaries have real arguments! Even if they take radical positions, the revolutionaries are worried about the well-being of others.
If you want to explain your point of view a little more, I invite you to tell us about it on the subject "extremism also exists in the environmental community".
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 03/01/08, 00:58

These are not the new demagos ads for cars and the harmful return of heat pumps that can convince of a change in our society. No, I think that on the contrary, the fish is being drowned as ever.

I think the same thing ..... they want us to consume more and more new cars, new products made in China to make this dead end system work. Why constantly release new car models instead of improving and making existing models less fuel-efficient ... it would cost less in R&D and we would be much more advanced in truly ecological models that emit less CO2 and harmful products for health ... but here I am off topic.

Ecoquille ........ it seems to be more than a passion !!

Are there any in cold areas (Auvergne, East, Alps ... etc) for which one would have recoil on energy conso to heat?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/01/08, 11:04

jean63 wrote:they want us to consume more and more new cars.
Why constantly release new car models instead of improving and making existing models less fuel-efficient ... it would cost less in R&D and we would be much more advanced in truly ecological models that emit less CO2 and harmful products for health ... but here I am off topic.

Off topic and not exact: builders make vehicles that people ask for ...
new engines all use less energy and pollute less and R&D is so costly in this area that manufacturers are all joining forces to bring out new engines ...
A car is not just the engine is a set that can not be static because technological progress (materials, safety, aerodynamics, etc ...
Yes the goal is to turn the old polluting cars (all those before 1995 for the essences) which are still very numerous ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/01/08, 02:04

Chatham wrote:
jean63 wrote:they want us to consume more and more new cars.
Why constantly release new car models instead of improving and making existing models less fuel-efficient ... it would cost less in R&D and we would be much more advanced in truly ecological models that emit less CO2 and harmful products for health ... but here I am off topic.

Off topic and not exact: builders make vehicles that people ask for ...
new engines all use less energy and pollute less and R&D is so costly in this area that manufacturers are all joining forces to bring out new engines ...
A car is not just the engine is a set that can not be static because technological progress (materials, safety, aerodynamics, etc ...
Yes the goal is to turn the old polluting cars (all those before 1995 for the essences) which are still very numerous ...

What I mean is that they come out too many different models and more and more complex (too much electronics) .... I sometimes read the mail of the discontented in the self-journal and it is not sad.

I do not dispute the fact that recent cars pollute less, what I'm saying is that a lot of energy and CO2 emissions are spent before the release of a new vehicle. Too many new vehicles (for a purpose only commercial: a new look to please the customer) ve is not good, I call it overproduction and aufinal + CO2 in the atmosphere.

According to Christophe, on a new new model, 30% of CO2 have already been issued during its marketing! or so I misunderstood, but he wrote it without mentioning the environmental costs for the destruction of old vehicles.

Well they will take us out of the car with compressed air, if it works, then we may finally be able to talk about a variable evolution (- 60 g CO2 / km).

And long live the Ecoquille ............. back to the subject. I am waiting for the answer of our master in this matter to my question asked above.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Eco-trees in cold areas (Auvergne, East, Alps ... etc)

by fthanron » 04/01/08, 12:04

Hello jean63,

For now, there are three Ecoquilles to my knowledge and none in cold areas:

2 at Frejus
1 in the Tarn

Yours.

Frederic
0 x
Frederic
FrançoisEcoquille
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by FrançoisEcoquille » 06/01/08, 12:20

Hello
Multifamily ecograhs, it is possible, with the grouping of the écoquilles around a single place, in small hamlets. To make several floors, why not? Finally, do not go too fast. Our wish is to first make small ones, then validate all our choices through experience. Only then will it be time to get into CSTB certifications, DTUs and other tests to become insurable, decenable, approved and stamped ... In short, the shell is a coherent concept and probably quite valid, but it will take time before everyone can order his own, and before making schools, halls and other buildings.
0 x
FrançoisEcoquille
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by FrançoisEcoquille » 06/01/08, 12:51

Hello, how do we put in a box the sentence that we wanted to answer?
Well, I take this opportunity to quote excerpts from my book about cars. It takes us away from the shells but not so much, as I would like their photovoltaic installation to power scooters or e-bikes. It's great, I weigh 120 kilos and yet these scooters (like the Helio) are powerful, fast, quiet, clean. On the shows where I intervene, if I see, I leave the booth to Martine and go for a walk around. I love these machines, very practical and comfortable, which, powered by solar electricity, are a nice solution for our travels.
I know an engineer who, with 500 watts of photovoltaics, manages to power a house for lighting and small kitchen tools, but also for the washing machine and the charging of two electric scooters. He's in trouble, by the way, this guy ...

Extracts from my book:
The compressed air car:
Imagine this dialogue: "Oh, honey, coming home from work tonight, there were terrible traffic jams and the air was so pure that I saw moms walking their baby between the lines. There were also sportsmen who were breathing hard by leaning over the bridge of the highway. "Yes, it is possible. The more the compressed air automobile spreads, the more it will clean up the ambient air since it only uses air, which it rejects by filtering it in the process. It is therefore cleaner output than input and our little sci-fi scenario is nevertheless of the order of the possible. If utilities and buses used such a system, our lungs and the facades of our cities would stay clean longer, since compressed air vehicles would compensate for the damage of those with fuel.
Only necessity (and one leads to a complete autonomy, without expenditure of operation): to connect the compressor of recharge on batteries supplied with photovoltaic. Big investment in total but annual savings per thousand euros, autonomy and virtually no impact on the environment. Very ecological so.

The electric bike-scooter
Still an incredibly positive alternative, probably too much, it would end up hurting amounts of interest. I tried it and I liked it a lot.
Helio, the electric bike-scooter, is like a bike that would always ride downhill. With one euro, this little scooter or this big bike, travels five hundred kilometers. Impossible to find a means of mechanical transport more economical to use, it's ten times less than a gasoline scooter. With his battery recharged, Helio will ride for forty kilometers at 25 km / h, faster than bike and without difficulty, not even in the climbs it swallows easily. It can also run at 36 km / h in fast mode which, given its nervousness at startup, then places it in the category of mopeds. Charging takes from one hour and a half to five hours, and with two charged batteries (easily removable), eighty miles of battery life can be counted. And all this, without noise, without smell, without rejection. Helio is clean and can stay indoors or ride in an elevator. Helio is sure, with its very low center of gravity, its disc brake in the front, its lights and turn signals, its mirrors, its not too small wheels, its deceleration system that recharges the batteries by slowing down or downhill. Helio is practical with its big and sturdy luggage rack in metal grid. Helio, it will be enough to connect the charger on batteries powered by photovoltaic and it's complete happiness: zero pollution, zero fuel to buy, silence and serenity! Ecological and economic rides, it's possible and enjoyable.

The vicious circle of the automobile
Just calculate the cost price of a car to see how the snake is biting its tail. Statistically, the French spends, all inclusive, nearly six thousand euros per year for his individual car, which represents a third of his income to cover a dozen thousand kilometers. A third of the income is working time, or sixty hours per month for a thousand kilometers, plus fifteen hours to actually do, the double in traffic jams. Either thirteen to the hour of average! Some scientists, who added the treatment of ecological damage, the costs borne by communities and other sharp parameters, got six kilometers per hour for car travel. It's progress! We are not as fast as at the time of the horses. So to cavort or go cycling and work a third less. Or almost ... Because it rains sometimes, because it is hot others ... Good, truce of theories!

Driving with LPG
The calculation is ultra-simple: three hundred thousand kilometers to ten liters per cent, and not six or seven, when we know that in the four kilometers of heating, we consume double. That makes us thirty thousand liters of fuel in a car life, not to mention the maintenance. At a euro 20 per liter of unleaded, the expense is thirty-six thousand euros ... With gas oil, thirty thousand euros. At a maximum of sixty cents per liter for LPG, we save at least eighteen thousand euros compared to gasoline and twelve thousand compared to diesel, without polluting. The price of a new car ...
The operation of a lpg engine requires, at equal performances, a consumption increase of fifteen percent. On the other hand, pollution is five times lower in co2, responsible for the greenhouse effect, and half as much in unburned particles. Lpg does not contain lead or sulfur, which is responsible for acid rain.
One of LPG's main strengths is flexibility: smoother acceleration, better recovery, and a lack of low-end failures. The engine is quieter and the lpg's combustion qualities increase the engine's longevity by at least thirty percent more kilometers. Drainage is space-free: one in three is enough and there is less oil rejected. Lastly, since LPG vehicles retain the ability to run on gasoline, the car's autonomy is doubled. The passage of gas to gasoline is, rolling, turning a knob a half-turn, that's all. When you are told that making ecological choices is a plus for nature but also, more often than not, an improvement in the quality of life and a decrease in spending!
That said, if you want to fight against the damage of the car, the best method is still to allow everyone not to use it and, today, new trends in urbanism seek to make less essential automobile. When we know that twenty-six per cent of trips are less than one kilometer and half are less than three kilometers, we see that the reorganization of urban space can play a role in automobile traffic. An official survey showed that the first reason parents accompany their children to school by car is to protect them from the risk of a traffic accident. Another snake biting its tail!

To conclude, I recall that the engines have a poor performance, around 20 25%. Which means that every time we buy 40 liters of fuel, 10 will allow us to move forward, and 30 will be used to heat the engine (hence radiators, fans, pumps, exhaust and others) . They say that global warming is greenhouse gases. Certainly. But has it been calculated what is the total amount of oil consumed in a hundred years, three-quarters of which have only given off heat? Imagine that huge pile of oil that would be fired ... It's more than just thousands of atomic bombs.

In short, I look at the electric motors: 100% yield. Just two electric motors the size of a couscoussier each to pull a liner dock, despite the resistance of the water. A thermal mower must make at least 1600 watts to mow the lawn, 600 watts for the same job if it is electric. That's all ... There's no picture and we will not change anything on the planet if we do not give up the engine.
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"