Econology in 10 sentences

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 30/11/05, 10:43

I would therefore like a simple sentence which for you sums up the principle of econology

Econology: a tool for information, knowledge but also expression, exchange for a more respectful planetary environment and always with a concern for economy.
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 30/11/05, 21:21

Good Christophe will not like that
http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/news/1402.php4 (certainly too official ;-)) but ecoproducts would be part of econology right? Even if it serves as a pub.

Of course, we should make sure that they have a real beneficial effect on the environment but it is the same problem, even on econology (see debate GPL, HVB, ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/05, 21:45

It's not that I don't like it, but I find it sacred hypocrisy to give the 2nd prize to Renault because:

1) They don't need it (I mean other companies probably showing much more eco-design could have been rewarded)

2) Giving this title while the car is the ultimate ecological object surprises me ...
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 05/12/05, 18:30

And what about environmental technology?

http://www.news.batiweb.com/a.asp?ref=05120105
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/12/05, 21:40

I think there are several comments to make

- Ecotechnology can act upstream of pollution or downstream. The definition they give in the intro is that of upstream technology, that is to say one that avoids mess. But unfortunately, the examples they cite (wastewater treatment, waste management) are technologies that are found downstream, made to repair the bullshit, in short.
You have to separate the two. Is it better to be responsible from the start or can we say "we can do anything because there will always be a technology to pick up our dirt behind us?"
Of course, it is almost always the second option that is chosen because it is first of all an easy solution, and above all because it creates a new market (very juicy by the way).

- "Upstream" environmental technologies do not allow economic growth (In any case not in the current state of things). Quite simply because environmental costs are not taken into account in economic calculations (GDP and co). Indeed, how to quantify the disappearance of a flora, for example? On the other hand, the costs of establishing and operating a treatment plant (always for example) are well quantifiable. There are so many millions spent on research, so much in construction, so many jobs etc. It is therefore "downstream" ecotechnologies that allow economic growth.

- This is why truly “eco” technologies, that is to say those which are upstream, experience these financing problems and consequently lack know-how, in a segmented market, etc.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/05, 09:40

It’s sent!

Christine 1 - Nono 0 :P
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 06/12/05, 13:20

I didn't say anything :? That said yes it is very well commented! :P
0 x
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

definition of econology

by AVEVA » 18/12/05, 16:42

AVEVA offers: econology is neither right nor left, it is simply intelligent.
But we like, from Misteloxo:
Econology: a subtle harmony between ecology and economy.
by mixing the two:
Econology is neither right nor left, it is a subtle harmony between economy and ecology.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 19/12/05, 10:43

bin moua ...

I would like to offer

even if you don't like ecology you will like to save money ...
econologie the site that makes you love ecology ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]