How to survive from scratch?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 03/04/10, 21:40

Sorry ahmed : Mrgreen:

Real life has overtaken me in this story, burial and family problems .....

a ++

Meow :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
edfed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by edfed » 03/04/10, 23:49

how to survive starting from 0?

too good, I expect that to be forced.

first, a cabin.
deuzio, a culture.
tertio, a rabbit farm.
and afterwards, kill all the humans who pass within my reach, to avoid repeating the infernal cycle of societies and civilizations.

:)
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/04/10, 18:08

I recommend the excellent film "the road" by John Hillcoat, based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy.
Very realistic and truly in the purest survival style, without heroism or frills.
It gives a perfectly realistic representation of the survival pushed to its last entrenchment.

how to survive starting from 0?

too good, I expect that to be forced.

first, a cabin.
deuzio, a culture.
tertio, a rabbit farm.
and afterwards, kill all the humans who pass within my reach, to avoid repeating the infernal cycle of societies and civilizations.

Survival, it does not laugh, only the strongest survive, and there is no more room for feelings or for humanity.
life in the wilderness is unforgiving, finding water, feeding, heating is not a pleasure.
Few of us are really aware of the "comfort" and security provided by our society and the ease it brings (for us French).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
edfed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by edfed » 04/04/10, 18:19

do not worry about me.
survival knows me.

long live the wild camping and the fire without lighter at the edge of a river.
not to eat for a week also I know.
sleeping outside in the cold, I know.
etc., etc...
I like to fool myself with the delirium of survivors from time to time, it helps me to remember what you have just mentioned.

if I were forced to do so, I would not have to worry, I would survive without difficulty. and would easily adapt to the changes.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/04/10, 18:39

I'm not worried about you, but for the weakest, not everyone has the capacity or the physical condition to live in harsh conditions.
What is more, "survival" cannot be chosen, it generally occurs following an accident, a natural disaster, a war etc ... and therefore does not guarantee, at this time, that you are in full capacity of your means. (physical, and especially psychological).
In addition you do not choose the duration of the constraint ...
0 x
edfed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by edfed » 04/04/10, 18:58

can we talk about on a forum green that survival is something reserved for those who have the physical means?
So, exit the weak that we put in incubators at birth and that we stuff with medocs every time they have a little cold?

if the weak disappear because unable to survive, it will not be the decision of a dictator, but just a fair return to nature.

psychology when it has nothing to do in a possible hardcore survival system, and therefore, those who prefer to write theses of psycho have problems to do in these conditions.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/04/10, 19:14

edfed wrote:psychology when it has nothing to do in a possible hardcore survival system, and therefore, those who prefer to write theses of psycho have problems to do in these conditions.

I hope you're kidding saying this?

the psychological aspect and the key factor of survival, moreover all the "special courses" for the selection of elite units "such as GIGN, green berets, Legion etc. test the nerves of the candidates by pushing them to end, in order to determine the mental resistance capacities of the participants.
0 x
edfed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by edfed » 04/04/10, 20:46

participants' mental resistance capacities

precisely, in these circumstances, the mind must be put in the locker room.

no longer think
stop listening to others
listen only to instinct.

maybe someday i could try my theory.
may be. nothing is more overwhelming than being paralyzed with real pain.
mental torture is really ridiculous compared to physical torture.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 04/04/10, 21:42

Unless situations conducive to physical pain are brought for a reason: and why not to learn?

To learn to live together for example, because each has skills that are useful to others ...

sen-no-sen wrote: Survival, it does not laugh, only the strongest survive, and there is no more room for feelings nor for
humanity.

feelings, or emotions?

In many countries, I have found that survival is very much linked to laughter and joy, weaknesses depend on situations ...

Otherwise, the lionesses prefer the stronger, the meat is better and the hunting more fun :-)
0 x
See you soon !
Ptilu
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Ptilu » 05/04/10, 00:36

We are mainly talking about the trauma that causes this condition of survival, and the cataclysm that caused it. To illustrate the very interesting documentary of 1965 by Peter Watkins, on the consequences of an atomic war in Great Britain:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70fzr ... art-1_news
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70g6q ... art-2_news
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70plg ... art-3_news

As it is said in the film, it is not based only on the imagination of the scenario writer, but on sociological observations after Hirochima and the bombing of Dresden (civil city bombed during 6 months by the allies, which made 200 000 dead )

As we said on the first pages, one of the issues that interests us is to know if humanity will be able to survive its own self-destruction, if a part, however small, can resist the cataclysm. We established there that it was essential that the knowledge of the initial generation (that which lived before the cataclysm) should be transmitted to the following ones.

According to the documentary, the resulting chaos would really compromise this condition.

PS: I don't care I will survive, hey we don't care
0 x