Google Web Elements: news about forums? (your opinions)

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/11, 16:12

1) Rolalal he changes his mind like his shirt obamot ... yesterday you liked it rather, right?

Maybe by putting this news banner at the bottom near: https://www.econologie.com/forums/#nouveautes

2) I quite agree with the sobriety and readability, I have already worked on it quite a bit over the years. And I think that on average on the net, the forum is rather readable (look at a site like the world, facebook, amazon ... are far from models of sobriety!)

I will see for the reverse of adsense from the top with the menu ...

3) Chassimage is the forum passionate about photos from the historic image hunter magazine, he is a heavyweight on the net with a team of X employees, pro moderators, professional journalists. You cannot compare it with econology ... not the same means, not the same results ... necessarily!

Looks aren't everything!

4) Good for the moment it's rather negative ... but I'm waiting to have other opinions ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 01/03/11, 16:26

You manage the forum the most functional that I know, so no problem for me.

And precisely this forum comes out of the boats and superficial subjects whose dispatches reshuffle our ears. You avoided this pitfall, it's a shame to come back to it.

It's also true that I don't like things that move when I haven't asked for anything, it's tiring because it attracts the eye and attention, even unconscious.

What if you only put the title? Everything else is found then anyway.
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/11, 17:01

Ah thank you bernardd, finally someone who does the job done! : Cheesy:

I am not going back to the editorial "line" of forums. As said above, it will not change the rest of the forum, it's just one more feature.

I find you being tough with this google banner ... it's still text, we are far from the advertising images / bling bling / Christmas tree that we can see on sites like the world.

For the reduction it is not possible, for the moment it is not really configurable it is either everything or nothing ...

So I'm going to move it down forums. Anyway there are not enough variations in the content for my taste ...
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 01/03/11, 17:19

Ah thank you bernardd, finally someone who does the job done!

I also realize and I think all the others too but that was not the point so I did not specify.

I find you being tough with this google banner ... it's still text, we are far from the advertising images / bling bling / Christmas tree that we can see on sites like Le Monde

As I suppose, I have the Adbolck Plus addon, so I don't have the Christmas tree effect.
It rarely pleases modo but it doesn't change anything because before I put the addon I never clicked on ads.

Small question in terms of energy consumption.
I'm on the PC most of the day, and have a good bundle of tabs open at the same time, which I only consult a few times during the day. The big fashion is for pages that update themselves. It swells me to the point.
There the principle is the same, it necessarily consumes energy. But how many?
There is surely an addon to block this, if anyone knows I'm a taker
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/11, 17:25

aerialcastor wrote:As I suppose, I have the Adbolck Plus addon, so I don't have the Christmas tree effect.
It rarely pleases modo but it doesn't change anything because before I put the addon I never clicked on ads.

Roh but they understand NOTHING !!
This news thing is NOT ADVERTISING.

Besides, is it blocked by your addon?

For the blocking I think you are wrong because the textual and conceptual ads bring a real plus to the content of a forum.

For example you are looking for something on a wood stove and you have wood stove advertisements showing up, which allows you to quickly get an idea of ​​what is on the market.

On general public sites, google ads are not very targeted so it's pretty dull but on econo, you should test ... just to see!

aerialcastor wrote:Small question in terms of energy consumption.
I'm on the PC most of the day, and have a good bundle of tabs open at the same time, which I only consult a few times during the day. The big fashion is for pages that update themselves. It swells me to the point.
There the principle is the same, it necessarily consumes energy. But how many?
There is surely an addon to block this, if anyone knows I'm a taker

Yes, I have also seen the practice on a few sites ... I don't really see the point.

If it is on the server side you can do nothing except simulate a disconnection ... and therefore work in cache ... it must exist under FF but it does not allow you to browse elsewhere ... obviously ...

On the other hand I do not see the interest of the thing for the administrators of the sites: it eats up bandwidth and server resources for nothing ... But it can simulate, for advertisers of advertisements, more pages displayed / visitors than real.
But it's still deception ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/03/11, 17:32

bernardd wrote:You manage the forum the most functional that I know

+ 1000

A lot of effort is made here, which cannot be found elsewhere! Update, avoid duplicates, links on related threads etc!

Big work and efficient! Yes it is admirable in every way.

But remove the superfluous nets too ... you'll see! :-)
Last edited by Obamot the 01 / 03 / 11, 17: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 01/03/11, 17:35

Roh but they understand NOTHING !!
This news thing is NOT ADVERTISING.
Besides, is it blocked by your addon?

If I understood correctly, I am talking about the Christmas tree effect due to the advertising on certain site.
And no it is not blocked by my addon.

On general public sites, google ads are not very targeted so it's pretty dull but on econo, you should test ... just to see!

I'll try to be sure, but if I come to econo it's for technical information, not commercial.
But it is especially the overload of the screen that bothers me.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/11, 17:43

Ok beaver, mea culpa! In this case ok!

You should know that on some "commercial" sites, you have good technical information in the form of a datasheet, for example at Grundfos, DeDietrich ...

ps: what is a superfluous net?
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 01/03/11, 17:59

You should know that on some "commercial" sites, you have good technical information in the form of a datasheet, for example at Grundfos, DeDietrich ...

I don't know what the datasheet is, but I tried with or without the addon on the sites indicated it doesn't change anything it doesn't change anything.
I'm not sure how it works but it uses a subscription list which should block only the most famous ads and not all datasheets

I use this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/a ... lock-plus/

Which is pretty damn good, by the way I just saw that I can block Google Web Element.
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/11, 18:07

Uh, a datasheet is a technical doc in the form of .pdf in 99% of cases ... freely accessible on the manufacturer's site.

It has NOTHING to do with advertising ...

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x