Closed fireplace and explosion: attention

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/12/05, 10:45

lau wrote:Here is the link of the same type signed Seguin duteriez, the rolls of stoves tricolor fireplaces.
http://www.cheminees-seguin.com/poeles/federal.htm

Vermont Castings is made in the USA. Duteriez is only a dealer of these stoves. I do not feel that the primary air is preheated.
On the other hand, these stoves are cast iron. the assembly is screwed, with a refractory joint. Over time, this seal crackles, and you can have parasitic air intakes. It is better to look for stoves with a welded enclosure, which will always be waterproof. In France, supra and deville are the best known to use this technology.
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 28/12/05, 11:00

Ok I did not know..why all the stoves are not they all welded then?
as for the joints, on some fires manufactured by seguin (the prestige for example), there I speak of chimneys, seguin uses a refractory material which looks like a soft foam ... my installer told me that they had opted for this material rather than the classic refractory joint precisely because of dilations and cracks that occur on other brands.
I also have a jotul n ° 118 http://www.uniwag-spolmot.com.pl/oferta/index.php?fidx=16&sortby=&desc=desc&pg=pi&st=&lm=&pidx=66
but with a window on the door, checkered; the hard joints are cracking effectively ..
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/12/05, 11:08

Well, it's a question of price.
Cast iron is cheap, and soldering the sheet is long so expensive. in addition, you must protect the sheet from excessive heat, or your stove will deform, even the refractory sheet (expensive too)
Hence the interest of André's stove.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/12/05, 15:34

Hello,
It is also selling cast iron, it is significantly cheaper
their assembly does not make it waterproof after use. They are used to put in cottages for ocassionel use.
Even the furnaces all welded if the door seal runs a little it no longer works in slow combustion, it is imperative that the combustion air enters the right place and in small quantity controlled, otherwise it becomes an ordinary stove.

Andre
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 28/12/05, 15:59

A big thank you to Andre who sent me the plans and
photos of the stove .C is true that looks good. What I like the
plus it is the preheating of the air. It is well thought.
I tried to find a possible post combustion, but I
I have not seen. Can there be any, which will explain why I
did not find it.
Anyway, thank you again. I'm going to look for
Ceramic fabric. Hoping that this is still found.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/12/05, 17:20

because the air comes from the side of the pile of wood, it divides itself into primary and secondary air. there is therefore post-combustion.
Moreover, as one goes so high in t °, a large part of the combustion is done directly in co2.
I do not know if André has optimized the position and the angle of the air intake on the fire. We may still be able to gain in slow diets. But if you heat it, the post is done alone by the position of the air inlets
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 28/12/05, 17:27

André,
I would see a small modiff your stove, so that it does not take the air of the room, but directly outside, which would further increase its effectiveness. There is room at the back for a single air intake, to connect to a sheath.
What do you weigh? Have you already tried ?
0 x
Other

by Other » 28/12/05, 19:28

Hello Schutt
You do not see it on the photo but in reality at the top of the copper hood there are 2 ducts that go outside quite high (because it accumulates more than one meter of snow against the house)
The two ducts go down almost behind the furnaces, they are made with aluminum gutter pipes, this air warms up slightly, and is used for burning the stove.
Before I installed these two outside air intakes, when the stove was running it was freezing the hole of the dryer, as it made a cold air intake over the cook,
finally all the small holes of outside ventilation doiat cold in the house. in this way the cold air walks over it comes close to the poel and directly into consumed.
We must not forget that the air coming out the chimney must enter somewhere, we all have interest to put the house in slight pressure, and it is necessary to permanently make a supply of outside air, even if it is very cold .
There are beautiful scourers made with plastic panels
(the same as politicians use to placard posters) it looks like corrugated cardboard, it places several layers, and circulates the warm air of the house that is evacuated outside, against the current cold from the outside.

Andre
0 x
Other

by Other » 29/12/05, 02:11

Hello Rabbit
This insulation is called ceramic wool or rock wool, it may not be the right name
It looks like more compact glass wool is white
it is found in domestic electric furnaces, and especially in steelworks, it is used to seal leaks in the refractory and most often to isolate, in the walls by-fires
planes, ect ...
This is sold in rolls, it looks like a cotton ball.

In my furnace there is no secondary air inlet, combustion air arrives by two rectangular ducts cut at the corner, it provides a little secondary air but not high enough
Although I am not an enthusiast to send air too high in the home, I think this secondary air is only useful at the beginning of the burning of the log, once embers it becomes more harmful than necessary..

Andre
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 29/12/05, 04:46

Thank you for your advice Andre.
I will keep count.

I will start the manufacture of this stove this summer.

: Wink:
0 x