Econologie launches a free accommodation offer

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Econologie launches a free accommodation offer

by Christophe » 16/10/06, 14:48

I am currently testing the possibility of hosting sites on professional econology servers. And this is free for you.

Do you have a website talking about econology (near or far) and are you hosted on a free site with ads that piss you off?

Concretely here are the advantages of hosting on a professional host:

1) possibility of having a real domain name (impossible on free ones)

2) better referencing (the free hosts pass after the pro for the search engines)

3) no more ads or popups attacking your visitors

4) sql and php 4 and / or 5

5) real e-mail on the domain name (no shit redirection) and as many addresses as you want (well as long as there is no abuse ...)

6) management by FTP independently of us

7) fairly large storage space (at least 200MB)

8) automatic integration of your site in the directory (PR4 on all pages) and can be (if there are people who are ok) in a Webring species ...

For example, www.kyot-home.com has been hosted for 1 year on one of our servers.

This is basically the idea .... are there any interested among the regulars of forum ?
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 18/10/06, 03:32

You forget the possible possibility of using url rewriting (although it is not used on kyot-home ...)
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 18/10/06, 08:52

Attention !!

The idea is very good, but becoming a host, you are responsible for the content that you host ...

(well, basically, because if there is a different domain name, maybe it works, we should inquire)

See the case that started it all:Altern / Valentin Lacambre VS Estelle Halliday
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/10/06, 09:39

Rulian wrote:You forget the possible possibility of using url rewriting (although it is not used on kyot-home ...)

Uh yes, but it's a little too technical to "start" ... (not on my side but for any interested ...)

For Superform:

1) we can shunt the pb with contracts (that nobody reads but too bad) ... This is what ALL pro hostingers do now

2) I do not intend to set up an automated system ... in other words: each accommodation will be set up by me after checking and validating the content of the site ...

3) it is mainly to troubleshoot and help regulars of the forum...
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 18/10/06, 17:15

Hello,

I say BRAVO ....

It's super cool for those who may be interested.
Personally, I wanted to do something about renovating my mill into an isolated and autonomous hydroelectric production site ... but I really don't know enough about IT ... a real pain!
I had spoken about it with someone who already has a site and he was very interested in the project ... I send him the documents and then it is he who will manage the online publication under my supervision ...
If I had known earlier ...

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!