Display adapting a resolution?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Display adapting a resolution?

by dreamer » 28/03/07, 10:43

Bonjour.

I recently bought a wide screen, but the problem already existed before with my 4 / 3, to know that I find it a pity that the display of the forum has a fixed size, centered and in the end, not very wide (800 pixels?).

Would it be possible (and not too heavy) to change the settings so that the display adapts to the resolution and allows a more global view of things?

Post message:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8176 ... 008vg0.jpg

Forum:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2423 ... 009ye8.jpg

I find that on this 2e capture for example, too much space is taken by all the info above (banners, links of all kinds, reliens etc) so instead of having to change that, the compromise on the display adapting to the resolution might be a good idea do not you think?

To be debated ;)

Dreamer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/07, 10:45

No because the majority are in "normal" screen ... if you find this feature on other forum sign us :)
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 28/03/07, 11:41

Gladly :
http://forum.tt-hardware.com/ for example.

And a lot of other sites, it's "just" a display option to say to mimic user resolution and more fixed resolutions like a few years ago on most sites.

This would not change anything for small screens, but it would allow people with other sizes to more easily enjoy their material and what the site offers.

This is called a non-dynamic signage site?

But I just do not know if it's enforceable without changing forum :/

Dreamer
0 x
Suz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Suz » 03/06/07, 15:17

I go back the subject because I also meet the same problem! The forum is all packed in the middle of the page and it's a shame!

I may be saying a bit of stupidity, but would not it be enough just to center it on the page and give it a width in% (style 80% of the page)?
0 x