D-Day –5... –4... –3... –2... –1...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

D-Day –5... –4... –3... –2... –1...

by Obamot » 17/08/14, 14:27

D-Day –5 ... Tomorrow: "I take off the top!"

Sexual image removed

( : Cheesy: )
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/14, 17:23

A remake of the advertising campaign that made a certain agency famous? It was 30 years ago ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/08/14, 18:03

er ...

this young woman is very cute, but I do not understand very well the merits of this subject : roll:

But I doubt that we could end up on stories of foundation... :P
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/08/14, 21:56

But as said, it dates from 1981 ...

But I do not know where we are going, by that ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/08/14, 01:12

D-Day –4 ...

Hello everybody

Le "high" it is the top of the page, with all these silliness of pubs in "head" (either at the top, on the side, in insert at the top but this time in the middle with the subjects of the subjects, then again in banner always in the top of the page, but this time just below) and which are no use to the guys, except to discredit the forum on its content ...

It represents ALL but a serious site that ...

Even TF1 does not have as many ads on its cover:
http://www.tf1.fr/

Surely there are visitors who have to think that there are some here who do not bite their elbows : Cheesy:

Le "high" the basket in terms of ecology, it was however what this forum was supposed to aim, right ...? Of course there are always high-level philosophical discussions (still happy, but there was a time when those who participated in these threads felt threatened, and even more ... if you know what I mean ... ), there is also a definite effort in the field of health / prevention (everyone has recognized who I am talking about, but he too has been "threatened" with a few invectives ...), without forgetting the "discussions classics "of such forum, but there in very clear loss of speed. So honestly, without wanting to change the canvas in any way, it would take a big shake! Otherwise this forum will completely die!

And the funniest thing (without wanting to hurt anyone, but these are facts ...) is that "to advertise", still it would be necessary that there is sufficient" traffic "on Econology, but it is clear that for a year, the attendance / participation of forum fell by half (and half again the year before, I have all the figures to support with scores every month ...)

Did you know for example that Éconologie.com is no longer listed by reference sites that observe "web traffic" such as "Alexa"?

And that even when one wrongly accused some of all the evils ... Here we are finally: "THE" problem of forum is better and better identified, no ..?

So I suggest removing those stupid pubs that report peanut, drive away readers and keep us from focusing on the essentials: THE CONTENT OF THE SITE ...

Besides, for a little over a month, I noticed that the ads had disappeared. Notwithstanding some criticisms vitriol, I however congratulated Christophe for that ... then for some obscure reason, he put them back. It is his right of course ... But what is the use of it when there is a collapse of the participation?

Have a lovely day everybody...!

... tomorrow I take off the bottom ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/08/14, 07:16

Oh ok ! :P

More Meetic is a serious site! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/08/14, 12:20

Surely ! Do not know... : Mrgreen:

The bottom line is that apart from a dozen regular contributors (twenty to break everything ...) no one participates in this forum!

Apart from that, if we look at the "external" contributions they can be counted on the fingers of one hand on average every day : Shock:

Thus, it is clear that CE FORUM SCREW IN CLOSED VASE!

So I know that there are a lot of "bots" that pass on the forum and that artificially inflate the traffic ... (or have been programmed for this purpose?) But there, it is not enough any more.

It's shameful like that people's head ... We can not even read the text of the content of the site, and even the ad is superimposed on advertising ...

PUBS totally useless for a site that is hardly used ... (bis)

After that we will not be surprised that people are fleeing this forum! (And I did not address the root causes).

[EDIT] Yes "Meetic" fact "more serious" next (without laughing), that's the problem here ...:

It's even "pro" and here totally "has been", amha ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/14, 15:43

Obamot comes out of his silence for another inquisitor ... we would have done well (because I'm not sure it's for the sake of forum that you posted it) and I will try to answer you point by point (because my explanations in private were not visibly understood):

a) Regarding the decline in participation, it is cyclical (the crisis, people are disinterested in ecology are even disgusted, they have fewer projects ... etc etc) and competitive (more and more sites surfing on the "green" are online) but also societal (sorry but I see that people are more and more stupid, the crisis does not help, therefore intellectually serious sites like this forum inevitably have less coast)

... And some have degraded the atmosphere, which disgusted a lot of regulars and you are one of the 1er on the list!

So we pay the fruit of a long-term undermining work ...

All this this joins the debate let's reboost the forum: https://www.econologie.com/forums/re-booston ... 12505.html where we had already done this kind of analysis .... but without great results although I applied all the advice that I could find to try to regain places in SEO ...

Obamot: have you put links on your sites or blogs? Did you talk about "hot" topics that interested you on your social networks?

That's what each of us could have done to improve things a little ... I have not seen much effort on that side ...

b) The pub is essential (the shop is undergoing the crisis, without advertising it's simple: the site no longer exists ... here you are aware of the seriousness of the economic situation where is the site .. .), I know it can be embarrassing, when we are logged in, so we want to participate it does not appear anymore! Here again we have already spoken about it in other subjects ...

And sorry but there I see no alternatives to funding an independent site, if you have ideas I study!

c) The pub block you're talking about, yes I just deleted it a few times to see if there was an effect on the participation, no result, so I put it back ... proof that it did not bother me so much that this visitors ...

d) Regarding "meetic" targeting, it is not me who chose to put meetic or dating sites (but I can block them on a case by case basis): google can use your search history to target the ad So if you see meetic it is that you visit this kind of site or that you do related research ... Here is what I see me:

I recently found that even youtube search was used to target google ads ...

e) If you sincerely want to redo participation in forum, you can re-participate in the technical subjects ...

f) Finally my dear Obamot, I am certainly more pained than you by this situation (it is 11 years of my life this site) but I try to relativize ... there are many other things to do in a life and the task that I had set was well taken over by others ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/14, 15:56

And finally, proof that some people want it forum, there was recently 2 targeted defamatory attacks that ended up with letters with lawyers Paris (with all that implies: stress, time, money ...) ... the subjects in question had already been moderate but obviously that was not enough ...

That's part of the immersed part of the iceberg of what the job of webmaster 2014 ... in a virtual world increasingly cunning and dishonest disgusts me more and more! : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/08/14, 16:04

ps: I want to redo the attempt to delete (or improve the position) of this block at the top left ... but you will see for yourself that the results will not be really visible in terms of activity. ..

The top of forum on topic pages has been simplified for months (visible content much faster)
0 x