curious and unusual objects

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Curious and Unusual Objects

by Ahmed » 24/04/20, 17:43

Grelinette, you write:
so he has at least 10000 years of seniority, maybe much more ...

This is probably why I don't remember! : Mrgreen:

No for the curved part, it is not a hook: the angle is much too small ... Not also for the vehicle, but the idea of ​​the cable is to dig: think rather of rope ...

Macro, sorry, but you are seriously cooling down! The idea of ​​extraction is completely the opposite of the use of this tool ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/04/20, 17:59

Ahmed wrote:rather think of rope ...

Well, ok ... on the left side it looks chamfered so to better go through a hole. The key prevents this from coming out.
It allows you to wrap a rope, the end of which goes through the small handle and hooks onto the small bar that comes out of the tube on the right.
It can be a kind of hoist to be fixed in a sort of pierced U or between cables or ropes with loops.

Is this related to forestry work? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/04/20, 19:02

Is this related to forestry work? ..

Bingo! :P
You say:
Well, ok ... on the left side it looks chamfered, so to better go through a hole.

No, it's a plug, a fantasy on my part, it has no functional role (it would have been more logical to place it at the other end, at least for certain uses, although the model of origin is lacking ...).
It's not exactly a hoist, but you're getting closer!
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/04/20, 19:12

Ahmed wrote:
Is this related to forestry work? ..

Bingo! :P
It's not exactly a hoist, but you're getting closer!

A tensioner? The long rounded part serving as a tension lever ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/04/20, 19:17

It is not really a tensioner ... Let us say that, in a first phase, the tension makes it possible to eliminate the slack ... It is a prerequisite for its use.
Joking aside, confinement requires, I have never used it ... : Oops:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/04/20, 00:02

This part does not serve as a lever and therefore not for tension. I help you: the long part serves as an anchor (since the tool is fixed when in use) and its opposite, shorter and curved, as a guide device ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 25/04/20, 00:30

Ahmed wrote:

This part does not serve as a lever and therefore not for tension. I help you: the long part serves as an anchor (since the tool is fixed when in use) and its opposite, shorter and curved, as a guide device ...

A wrench for cable tensioner?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/04/20, 08:54

No, the idea of ​​traction or tension is precisely the opposite of the function of this tool. Although it is not used for climbing, think rather in this logic there ... I recall that its function relates to a forest use, but quite specific in the sense that it is imagined more easily in town, but more generally in the interface zones between forest, park, isolated trees and houses or particular works ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 25/04/20, 10:41

pruning tool ... a "belay" device to slow down the fall of roped branches ???? I do rock climbing I worked on dismantling trees but never seen that ... That said we did it either with the tear or downright luxury with the crane ...

0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/04/20, 11:23

Good answer from Macro who thus earns all our consideration! : Mrgreen:
There are similar devices, like the one you are showing, but the one I have shown here seems simpler and more practical.
Its use allows to gently dismantle branches which, if they fell freely, could cause damage to nearby infrastructure. It allows several variants of descent while ensuring a role of blocking and especially of brake. As seen in the video below, shot by its inventor.
Another use, not considered by the latter, makes it particularly interesting: it allows the retention of a tree during felling by fixing it to another, this to ensure the hit in the case of trees that do not require Too much traction to go to the desired side: once the tree is correctly cut, it suffices to pull perpendicularly on the stretched rope to exert a very amplified traction ... This makes it possible to do without a winch in many cases and also constitutes A great time saver
0 x