Collapsology ... kezako?

philosophical debates and companies.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Collapsology ... kezako?

by Grelinette » 05/06/20, 16:55

Ahmed wrote:You mean: "Technical progress is like an ax put in the hands of a psychopath " :?:

In the equestrian world we say "Put a razor in the hands of a monkey"when we speak of a rider who misuses his spurs! : Cheesy:

Spurs-rasoirs.jpg
Eperons-rasoirs.jpg (67.64 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

Beyond the misuse of spurs which can seriously injure the horse, this expression also means that some mediocre riders believe that the "technology" of spurs can compensate for their equestrian shortcomings, and are proud to ostentatiously display these aggressive and shiny utensils. their ankles ... Just like modern man who proudly thinks that technology will be his salvation to solve all the evils for which he is responsible on the planet.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 28/11/20, 09:09

On October 21, 2020, Impact CentraleSupélec invited Mr. Arthur Keller to the Systems Modeling course to present to students the systemic vision of ecological issues.

1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 28/11/20, 20:27

Series of 3 ARTE documentaries on water, yet another collapse in perspective ...
Especially the 3rd documentary: H2O water, life and us (3/3) The emergency
We should really stop this madness of using fossil resources for survival and therefore put in place sustainable solutions (All in a global warming climate : Mrgreen: : roll: :( )

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/095157-00 ... -nous-1-3/
https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/095157-00 ... -nous-2-3/
https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/095157-00 ... -nous-3-3/
1 x
whatever.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/11/20, 22:46

I looked at the 3.
From half on, we are talking about overexploited aquifers all over the planet.
I knew it was the drought that led to the war in Syria, the Arab Spring, but not to this point.

An American report says "within 10 years, our water needs will exceed by 40% what the planet can provide" ... that promises. :?
1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 29/11/20, 09:47

eclectron wrote:On October 21, 2020, Impact CentraleSupélec invited Mr. Arthur Keller to the Systems Modeling course to present to students the systemic vision of ecological issues.

2h57 is pedagogy like did67 : Wink:
it is complete
1 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 29/11/20, 10:08

thibr wrote:
eclectron wrote:On October 21, 2020, Impact CentraleSupélec invited Mr. Arthur Keller to the Systems Modeling course to present to students the systemic vision of ecological issues.

2h57 is pedagogy like did67 : Wink:
it is complete

I haven't gone to the end yet! : Lol:
0 x
whatever.
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 29/11/20, 11:50

he is in the following reflection ... in relation to Jancovici

On October 21, 2020, Impact CentraleSupélec invited Mr. Arthur Keller. The video of the conference is at the link below:

The students were able to discuss with Mr. Arthur Keller at the end of this conference during a Teams session.
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 30/11/20, 12:05

I typed everything, in small doses and that makes Arthur Keller! : Lol:

Indeed Janco remains rather focused on energy and its consequences.
A.Keller is much larger and more complete, especially with suggestions / ideas for changing systems.
A Keller seems to be abandoning the idea of ​​nuclear of any kind, since he mocks fusion. He did not speak more on the subject, difficult to clearly know his opinion on the subject.
No student asked him the question.

Janco (and I) disagree on this point.
As much in a collapsed country, nuclear power becomes unmanageable and a nuisance, so much nuclear maintenance makes it possible to limit the technological collapse.
This smaller drop allows the maintenance and sustainability of the so-called nuclear (no matter which one). It is a virtuous circle not to be broken.
Obviously, not to be broken but not to maintain the current system, since it is precisely a question of changing the system. (much more durability and resilience overall)
0 x
whatever.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 05/12/20, 10:00

Just masterful
1 x
whatever.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/12/20, 10:13

As much in a collapsed country, nuclear power becomes unmanageable and a nuisance, so much nuclear maintenance makes it possible to limit the technological collapse.
This smaller drop allows the maintenance and sustainability of the so-called nuclear (no matter which one). It is a virtuous circle not to be broken.
Obviously, not to be broken but not to maintain the current system, since it is precisely a question of changing the system. (much more durability and resilience overall)
unrealistic vision of this crumbling world!
and if you asked her opinion of the flowers, the bees, living in the middle of nuclear waste, in Moruroa or in the middle of the desert where we took place our "peaceful" nuclear tests. This is a real humanism! : Arrowd:
A flower doesn't care who's looking at it
but she cares about being withered, crushed, poisoned, irradiated by human stupidity!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Society and Philosophy"