Burn a video on DVD to read it on a living room

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 20/08/08, 21:09

ok I did not understand that you are making a turn (DVD of course)! lol!

edit:
I allow myself this small answer.
I am Hasardine's husband

So to make it simple levels formats of the video files there are tons of them but few interest us in your case.
Commercial DVDs are in VOB format which is an "uncompressed" format that can be read by all home and computer DVD players.
There are still new high-end DVD players that do not read compressed formats.
Then DivX and other Xvid, avi, mpeg, OGG, ogm, mkv, H264, RV9 and others are all compressed video formats which are not recognized by standard living room DVD players.
In particular, the files from Youtube or Daylimotion and other sites of this kind are often in .avi format, so once downloaded, they must be re-encoded in a VOB format.
For that you need specific software like Magic DVD, Virtual DB also does it seems to me I am no longer sure and other software that is available on the net.
If you have any questions do not hesitate !
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 20/08/08, 21:49

Small corrections.

Mari de Hasardine wrote:
Commercial DVDs are in VOB format which is an "uncompressed" format that can be read by all home and computer DVD players.

Then DivX and other Xvid, avi, mpeg, OGG, ogm, mkv, H264, RV9 and others are all compressed video formats which are not recognized by standard living room DVD players.

Do not confuse codec and container.

VOB is not a format it is a container just like avi, gmo or mkv.

The VOB contains a video stream encoded in MPEG2 and one or more audio streams which can be encoded in AC3 or MP2.

Besides, all decks (even not reading divx) can read MPEG 1/2 because they are codecs used for VCD / SVCD / DVD so these files do not necessarily need re-encoding.

On the other hand, with Nero, you can use the Nero Recode tool which re-encodes the selected videos in DVD format before burning them.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 21/08/08, 10:09

Ouch ouch ouch my head :D
Thank you guys for your knowledge which confirms to me that it's a real bag of knots all that: why make it simple when you can make it complicated!
Good to summarize, I want to burn videos in VP6 Flash video (flv) format on a DVD (a CD would not be read by the turntable I think) in order to read it on a living room player.
To answer Christophe, my reader reads the divx, MPEG2 but my wish is to adapt to the greatest number because I would like to broadcast videos like Monsanto, soil conservation agriculture, the challenges of petroleum, ... etc. On the other hand I tried the software that you found, it matters but I can't read it; wrong manipulation on my part or?
To answer Matt, I have the Nero 6, which does not allow re-encoding (apparently); which version does it allow?
For Hasardine's husband, I'm going to see Magic DVD, Virtual DB, thank you.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/08/08, 10:24

Nero 6 does not contain Nero Recode, I believe it is newer.

If you want to transform your FLV using SUPER, it is a program that allows you to encode almost everything as a format into what you want others.

If you want you can use a CD but you have to make a VCD (MPEG 1) or SVCD (MPEG 2) and it will be perfectly compatible with DVD players.

I advise you to do SVCD if you don't have much as a video and anyway encoding in MPEG 2 for DVD or SVCD will not change anything in terms of the quality of your video (despite the difference in resolution between the two standards ) as it is taken from an FLV.

For that in SUPER you choose the output format "mpg SVCD Compliant" and in Nero you just have to choose "Super VCD" as type of compilation and insert your video there.

PS: SUPER is free software.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/08, 10:32

To convert .flv files there is also: https://www.econologie.com/free-flv-conv ... -3732.html

Will you send us a copy of your DVD bahm? 8)

Matt I'm not sure that all DVD players read SVCDs, right?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 21/08/08, 10:51

Christophe wrote:To convert .flv files there is also: https://www.econologie.com/free-flv-conv ... -3732.html

As a converter there is also IVC http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche ... erter.html

Christophe wrote:Matt I'm not sure that all DVD players read SVCDs, right?

If I seem to have always seen the possibility of seeing the VCD and SVCD formats, the quality is not great, however.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/08, 10:56

Ah ok ... because in France it has never sold VCD and SVCD.
I remember having some in the hand ... of import.

It must have been 10 years.

The format of the jacket (packaging) was funny: it looked like the audio CD and not the DVD covers.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/08/08, 10:57

Christophe wrote:Matt I'm not sure that all DVD players read SVCDs, right?

Maybe the first DVD decks didn't read them. But for quite a few years all the decks have been compatible. And there shouldn't be a lot of 1st generation DVD players left : Cheesy:
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/08/08, 10:59

delnoram wrote:
If I seem to have always seen the possibility of seeing the VCD and SVCD formats, the quality is not great, however.

The VCD is MPEG1 so the quality is not great it's true.
By cons SVCD is MPEG 2 as on DVD but with a slightly smaller resolution.

But here the question does not arise, because its original video in FLV is surely of lower quality than what allows the SVCD.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/08/08, 11:01

Christophe wrote:Ah ok ... because in France it has never sold VCD and SVCD.
I remember having some in the hand ... of import.

The VCD / SVCD has worked especially well in Asia in fact.
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"