Bottle in the sea, laptop stolen from my car

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/02/11, 08:46

Christopher said:

The value of the laptop is worth less times than the info that is in it. So I just hope that on this point you took the necessary steps (if laptop pro ...)

And yes, the last BU dated a bit.

There are codes on the PC, but the suggestion of programs traps is not much use: I just bought a hard drive to restore another PC: 59 euros ...

Finally, if you see an Acer Travelmate 5370 in a soft black Samsonite bag double thickness ..... think of me!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 09:27

dedeleco wrote:It seems to me that there is hidden anti-theft software that locates and sends you hidden emails with the IP address and the rest, as soon as the thief connects to the internet.

And what gives the mandate with?

I mean: knowing where your laptop is is likely to aggravate things from a legal point of view (home invasion, violence ...) ...

elephant, you probably have already thought but will take a tour on the PA ... kind ebay, kapazaa ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/02/11, 11:30

The police are used for what?
With the IP address hadopi found !!
The police must be able to find the thief or the user !!

I repeat :
Ask your ADSL operator, or even the police after filing a complaint, if it is not possible to have the IP addresses of calls to your email, if by chance the thief connects to watch or use your emails with your passwords, or any other special website for you.

We can even set a trap by putting interesting information in his emails for a thief who will go see and be trapped!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 02/02/11, 12:01

... yes bein then appeal to the police for a flight of sin ... : Cheesy: they have some brigades especially for tel. laptops because of terrorism but a computer ... it is hardly if they put it on their "handrail" with the bowl .... there is so much agrssion that for the flight ... They do not have more time ...

On the other hand if one located or even the thief ... there it is very different it is almost a flag!

So I think the idea of ​​sneaks excellent. This especially as there is more and more laptop equipped with plug / card GSM, for example the Samsung graphic tablet (like iPad) can even phone with. In short, it is even easier, the operator can he locate the laptop even if it is off, .. !!! Concept to dig!

This especially with prepaid, we can have a cheap GSM chip (5 € communication at Aldi ...)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 12:16

dedeleco wrote:The police are used for what?
With the IP address hadopi found !!
The police must be able to find the thief or the user !!

In fact now that you say it: no need for pre installed spyware: it would be enough to know the MAC address of the laptop (unique address for each network card in the world) to get the IP with some tools that go well provided that the PC was connected to the NET ...

I'm good or not?

The problem is "after" once you have the IP what do you do?

Already the user is not necessarily the thief and he can be bought in all "honesty" ...
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/02/11, 12:30

Christophe wrote:In fact now that you say it: no need for pre installed spyware: it would be enough to know the MAC address of the laptop (unique address for each network card in the world) to get the IP with some tools that go well provided that the PC was connected to the NET ...

it's just what I put on top :-) https://www.econologie.com/forums/post192717.html#192717

But as soon as there is a router, the mac address does not appear anymore ...
http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-tra ... height=768

While on a mobile phone, it is directly on the operator network, so the equivalent of the mac address is directly accessible.

So missed for a pc ...

And anyway, steal a pc without formatting it is a bit like falling asleep in the sofa of the stolen :-) http://www.leparisien.fr/abo-val-de-mar ... 126760.php

Or fly in snowy weather!
http://www.metrofrance.com/metro-paris/ ... s-la-neige
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/02/11, 12:35

Oops, did not see your message ...

Yes for the router but it's still worth a try, after the pc must be online when you scan ... but for what it costs to do so.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 02/02/11, 12:49

Christophe wrote:Oops, did not see your message ...

Yes for the router but it's still worth a try, after the pc must be online when you scan ... but for what it costs to do so.

But you cannot by a direct means (reading of the packets) if the pc is not in the same "ip subnet" ie when at least one router separates you.

It would be necessary to execute a program on each pc: to make a web page with a program which reads the address mac and returns it. Technically possible but not really legal: it's hacking!
0 x
See you soon !
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/02/11, 23:51

deledeco said:

We can even set a trap by putting interesting information in his emails for a thief who will go see and be trapped!

Little rascal! That's the whole problem of strategy ... destroy the ant's nest or suck them all one by one or use baits that they bring back to the nest ...

I will think about it !
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 03/02/11, 00:57

Any email reading the source message contains the IP address of the sender:
Then with a complaint to the police (what I would have done for you, because if the thief steals repeatedly, it helps a lot to pin it), and with the IP address, the police can find it, even if the user has bought in good faith, because he will be accused of receiving, even complicity with the thief, especially if a large number of objects has been stolen !!

We can put a sending of email with photos taken by the web camera incorporated in the laptop, automatically every startup and connection of the computer easily, as on my IP camera, with small programs?

Except rogue of high flight, the basic thief will be had !!

Example on my IP video surveillance camera (100 €) that sends me emails with photos of the burglar to 900Km with in the source message the IP address of the sender:
received: from filter.sfr.fr (localhost 127.0.0.1
by msfrf2203.sfr.fr (SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 0F5977000087
for nce000000000000000011368066-1100.back02-mail02-03.sfrmc.priv.atos.fr; Sat, 13 Mar 2010 00: 29: 44 + 0100 (CET)
Received: from MAPI1.0 0 164.206.84-79. .rev.gaoland.net 79.84.206.164
by msfrf2203.sfr.fr (SMTP Server)

and we get info at:
http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/79.84.206.164
the city in the PACA region
and especially the police can search the thief.

Each site you connect to includes:
* your IP address,
* your hostname, which itself reveals the name of your service provider,
* your operating system
* the page that led you to him
Your Internet Service Provider is required to keep for one year the IP address assigned to you at all times.

http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-tra ... voir-plus/
0 x