Beautiful photos of our regions and elsewhere, the Earth in photos

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Beautiful photos of our regions and elsewhere, the Earth in photos

by Christophe » 11/10/07, 15:06

Following this topic: appreciated-it-is-beautiful-photos-of-the-south-of-france-t4118.html

I inaugurate the subject: "Show your region" with some photos (repumped on the net while waiting for better) of our corner of the Belgian Ardennes.

Just a small note: the French are generally all just ignorant enough (we 1er arriving in Belgium) the natural-tourist potential of the region of the Belgian Ardennes ... But must also say that the Belgians do not very much the promotion...

In short here are some photos of the flat country (all photos are within a radius of 20km by road from home)

The "City" of Bouillon and the Semois which crosses it:

Meander of the Semois:

Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 06 / 08, 18: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/10/07, 18:55

Bonjour Christophe

Superb! Especially the last 2 that seem to be in continuity (greenery / hanging branch).
Can we ride a canoe on this water?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/10/07, 19:07

Flytox wrote:Bonjour Christophe

Superb! Especially the last 2 that seem to be in continuity (greenery / hanging branch).

Yes I noticed this too ... after posting! It's a happy coincidence it looks!

Flytox wrote:Can we ride a canoe on this water?
A+

Quite ... there is a lot of rental in Bouillon but also all along the Semois ...

http://www.bouillon-tourisme.be/
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 12/10/07, 09:17

This is your home these beautiful landscapes Christophe? it is sublime your corner! wow! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/10/07, 09:40

Yes all these photos are taken in a radius (by the road) of 20 km ... but these are not my personal photos.

When Nono and Rulian were there we did a little video on the landscape of one of the photos (the village on the meander). I'll find you ...

Too bad the French have the head images of Charlesville-Meziere or Vitry the Francois when they think of the Ardennes ... but as I already said: Belgium (or rather Wallonia) does not do much to give a beautiful image of his region abroad ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/08, 10:56

The city of Bouillon seen from the crest that dominates (photo perso):

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/08, 11:01

Snowdrops from the garden:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/08, 10:25

Photo taken from the kitchen last week:

0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 29/09/08, 13:23

Yes I confirm, I had the chance to visit almost all the corners that Christophe shows on these photos. It was a huge surprise, I who only knew the flat country (Flanders-Netherlands). Who would expect to find such a place, very hilly and not too urbanized, wedged between the Rhur basin, Flanders, Brussels and France? The Rhur and the Benelux are the most densely populated area in Europe. So we don't expect this rural "hole", which is moreover magnificent.

The so-called Ardennes in France does not have much to do. Much flatter. With the exception of areas very close to the border. I still recommend taking the train (a smoky oil smoker) from Charlevilles (a city that is not very exciting from what I've seen) to Givet (a French enclave in Belgium). Great show in the valleys that you will cross !! But the railway stops at Givet. Pity.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/09/08, 13:34

Yes, Rulian! We do not know the corner of the Belgian ardennes ... the fault to whom? Surely the region itself that does not promote enough tourism.

And I must admit that the ardennes quoted French have a really bad reputation (charleville méziere in particular) ...

Last Sunday we did canoe kayak and we went on the meander of the tomb of the giant (3 and 4ieme photos) ... we will rent one the next time you come (weather permitting)!

And how is your corner? I was never in Normandy I think ...
0 x