BP liquidation application - what do you think?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

For or against the BP liquidation?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

BP liquidation application - what do you think?

by FPLM » 24/06/10, 17:01

Hello,

This subject aims to:
- The debate on the formal request of the majority to the liquidation of the company BP for serious dereliction of duty. Reviews, information, questions / answers or comments.
- If consensus on the issue, the organization of the action (invite NGOs such as WWF, Greenpeace, has ... join, collect signatures, ...) and mobilization.

To introduce the subject, I expressed my opinion.

Like any business based on the same economic model, growth curve dictates the management policy. BP is no exception to the rule.
Given the disastrous consequences in every sense of that policy, it is imperative that such a scenario could happen again.
The question is no longer whether BP has sinned or if the regulations are not strict enough or if employee is an alcoholic or if it's because of the crisis or what not.
The need requires being pragmatic, BP is a company that lives from an activity that involves its risks and it is his duty to reduce these risks to a minimum. It is also his duty that the consequences of his activity do not harm others.
I will not go further but I think BP has no excuse for this disaster and justice has been too often flouted by these pigs!
I am busy writing a letter which I intend to send to the environmental NGOs, the European and American authorities and the press.
It's a rough draft that, with the good souls of this forum, can become a serious argument.
The document will undergo many updates but will still be available here.

(I know the debate is hot boiling but try to keep a cool head please)
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/10, 17:16

I have not yet read the letter but cold I would have 2 remarks:

A) liquidate BP, not pkoi but assuming that it ends up good? Its assets will be taken over by other oil companies whose methods and morality are exactly the same as those of BP ...

B) a lawsuit will only be Marchcarade: remember the trial of the Erika ...the damages represented 1/2 h of the annual profits of Totalelfina ...

I think we have to start hurting those responsible in person (large fine, seizure of property ...) but a legal structure like BP is obviously protected so that its managers and staff come out "always winners" ...

It is not a problem, the real people responsible for these oil spills are, before all, all of us oil consumers ... there I write on a computer made of oil ... so I am responsible.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/06/10, 17:53

Well agree with you Christophe, all tankers are equal ...
The black tide is only a visible part of the iceberg ... shown by the media.
We are told less about state corruption with the establishment of puppet governments and other "banana" republics, wars launched under false pretenses, millions of deaths caused by pollution (atmospheric, soil, oceans ... ).

It is not BP that must be liquidated Put an end to the oil economy!....we can always dream.

If Bp Exxon disappears and consort will be rubbing their hands, easier to change name to disappear and the responsibilities that go with it!
Otherwise, it is clear that Bp must pay (with interest) to repair his misdeeds, he rather defraud an action in the sense.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 24/06/10, 19:06

In theory, I quite agree with you 2.
In practice, the oil industry has to take a big shot in the foot. We all want (here anyway) to end the oil age.
It is clear that may of us happens to compel it.
As for collective responsibility, forgiveness. I am willing to take responsibility for overconsumption and its ecological impacts but I do not endosserai BP policies!

Here the context is different, the pressure is mounting (if I dare say it) on both sides but the "ecologists" are in a strong position this time.
I am not saying that this action is the miracle solution but remain unflinchingly face that's condoning that we can do nothing.
And that, although I am told that I give swords in the water, I can not sit idly by.
Let us not be defeatist either. I do not like the idea of ​​fighting against a lawyer battery is a waste. What then, we offer them impunity? Out of the question!

While I agree with you on this point, the attack to justice as soon as possible confronts them with their responsibilities and maybe the panic that reigns in them the will to carry them sufficiently weakened the blow.
But all this is only a hypothesis.

What is certain is that offer impunity to this disaster makes us all complicit and ultimately be fatal us one day.
We must react dammit!
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "

Malcolm X
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/06/10, 19:55

Especially pas..à IMHO.

As long as they are there, they will pay ...

Do not believe a buyer is going to show anyone who will inherit the liabilities!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/06/10, 20:44

BP is a company "European" right? While certainly not ...!
By cons levy taxes to finance renewable and clean their m ... certainly ...

But we should tax ALL oil companies!
Last edited by Obamot the 24 / 06 / 10, 20: 45, 1 edited once.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 24/06/10, 20:44

I also see no point in winding up a business, even for this kind of "big mistake". that would be worse than bad.
At least now they know they are, we know what they are capable of, we can therefore monitor the future.

it makes me think of little scupuleux artisans who make poor workmanship on workmanship. A complaint force they end up being convicted and liquidated with prohibition to that end ... to 6 months later reopen by the same company with the same policy, but the name of their wife / child / relative etc. ..
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/10, 20:50

Obamot wrote:But we should tax ALL oil companies!

Uh this is not already the case? The French State wins 5 10 times more (*) than the tankers on every liter of road fuel sold in France ...

If he uses this dough to pay off debt, it is the state that we must take, not petroleum!

* Depending on origin and quality of crude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/06/10, 20:51

elephant wrote:Do not believe a buyer is going to show anyone who will inherit the liabilities!
It's obvious...

PS: Okay your avatar. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/06/10, 20:55

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:But we should tax ALL oil companies!

Uh this is not already the case? The French State wins 5 10 times more (*) than the tankers on every liter of road fuel sold in France ...

If he uses this dough to pay off debt, it is the state that we must take, not petroleum!

* Depending on origin and quality of crude

They spoke of the United States? Do not you want that the dollar continues to decline? More oil bill will be heavy there, it will more incentive to massively move to renewable!

So if that's the case, I want BIG taxes everywhere : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x