BP liquidation application - what do you think?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

For or against the BP liquidation?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 25/06/10, 10:51

Hello,
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.
I join flytox on the guardianship and the idea of ​​citro seems excellent.
I will develop this argument in the mail.
Indeed, liquidation outright does not solve the problem itself, it only allows to guard against it.
The blocking and use of funds, actions, ... BP for the implementation of a major operation to repair / clean all this shit before liquidation is obvious that I missed. Thank you citro.
I also agree that other companies should, if they have any ethics, come together to solve this common problem. Since they only go to work, the idea of ​​offering them BP as food through collaboration and an imminent and effective repair is a good idea.

BP could be turned into a foundation whose finances could only be used in the event of such an "oil" disaster so that a contingency plan could be quickly and effectively put in place.
To strengthen the funds of this foundation 'BP', it could sell its property at auction.
I think of a foundation because to put so much money in the hands of an international institution corrupted by the lobbies of all kinds scares me.
PS: Assumptions and other theories 'conspiracy' will not help us. Let's stay pragmatic please.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/10, 10:55

FPLM wrote:PS: Assumptions and other theories 'conspiracy' will not help us. Let's stay pragmatic please.

+ 1 Obamot, the accidents ca still exists ... so !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/06/10, 11:09

... theuh! What I say is not based on a paradigm! : Cheesy:

Fully agree! But should not we examine the general context and rule out any hypothesis, to better identify which action has the best chance of succeeding and especially how to present it? 8)
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 25/06/10, 15:09

I never thought that this idea was original and I'm happy (way of speaking) that it is not the case.
Le Monde wrote:In a letter to BP COO Doug Suttles, Coast Guard Admiral James Watson writes: "I am concerned that your current plans do not allow for maximum mobilization of resources in order to achieve recovery capacity (of crude) corresponding to the new
leak estimates ".

source

Another charge of serious misconduct here
However, they try to engulf the debate about the responsibility of one or the other. Anadarko Petroleum owns 1 / 4 on the platform but that does not mean that it is responsible for its proper functioning. It's BP the manager and the operator.
Well tried Tony ...

Aside from that, to back up the mail I would like to send, I have to put together all the evidence of BP's liability in the accident. I must gather the deficiencies (warnings, backup plan, prevention, ...) attributable to BP, gather the arguments proving the irresponsibility of BP to manage this kind of activity and constitute an argument in favor of the liquidation of BP and the payment of all its funds in a foundation for prevention and intervention against ecological disasters due to oil accidents (roughly speaking, I do not have a precise idea of ​​that).
If you have any information, post them here. Thank you in advance.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "

Malcolm X
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/10, 12:15

Christophe wrote :
Nevertheless, the real ones responsible for these oil spills are before all, all of us, the consumers of oil ... there I write on a computer made of oil ... so I am responsible.

What you say is what I call false evidence. The only thing is that the production of oil depends strictly on what is sold, so consumed: we can not get anything more as a conclusion.
When I did my tanks full last year, did I ask that Saddam Hussein be brought to power? When it displeased, did I decide to invade Iraq, then Afghanistan (in the wake!) And tomorrow perhaps Iran?
Moreover, if I decided to give up oil (partly because, how to escape?), Do you really believe that it would change so little that it is something?

The last delivery of Télérama (N ° 3154) illustrates its original editorial policy which is to bet on the intelligence, something exceptional at the magazines of TV: an article signed Vincent REMY opposes all the agitation around the Gulf of Mexico and the deafening silence of the media who ignore the drama that lives since 50 in the delta of Niger which bathes in a permanent oil spill (Shell, Mobil).
Double drama: destruction of the environment and impoverishment of local populations; but, well, it's not so bad, after all everyone knows that what is unbearable for Americans is practically normal for Africans ...
In any case it's bearable for us because Africa is far and there are no cameras to do the show ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 26/06/10, 13:24

I totally agree with your comment Ahmed.
Niger, nobody cares! Just like other so-called "underdeveloped" regions of Africa or elsewhere.
Yet there are protests. Friends of the earth for example. Hold on this, a petition is available here.
It is sad to see that people only live what they see through the narrow skyline of the mass media.
An example of the perversity of this skylight: Davos

To say that the consumer is also guilty of omission in the face of such a fool's game. I must admit that it's going a little hard. Although I also support the discourse that it is above all on our individual scale that this ideological revolution must be put in place. But do not stop there. It is to risk falling into the same sophism as that of justifying his apathy by his impotence in the face of lobbies.

Engaging this action does not guarantee me any success but conversely do not do it either, so ...
0 x

Malcolm X
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/10, 20:28

You're absolutely right: we keep our share of responsibility, which has nothing to do with any guilt that we want to endorse to diversion.
Engaging this action does not guarantee me any success ...

I have already quoted this word of Lao-Tzu which I particularly appreciate: "The wise man does not depend on his goal"; this means (amha) that, generally, to achieve a goal one must concentrate all one's energy on the means, so that the goal is soon forgotten or rather that the means become the goal, and this in the name of l 'efficiency!
The wise man is not concerned with efficiency or pragmatism, he does what he feels should be done, his approach is above all ethical, it bears witness to the value.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 30/06/10, 17:47

Thank you for your advice / remarks and advice.
I finished collecting the press articles supporting the incompetence and the lack of seriousness of BP. I did not find very interesting documents on other "loopholes", these things are not found on street corners. However, I have a pdf of an internal safety regulations and contact with a scientist (oceanologist, I think) who deals with tankers for some evaluations and he looks quite revered ...
I think I have enough elements in a week or two, after which I send this mail everywhere.
Thank you Ahmed for your encouragement and your point of view that I share entirely.
I will share the following (here and on googlegroup) and the reactions possibly raised.
0 x

Malcolm X