AirBnb, the ecological alternative for housing on the move?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

AirBnb, the ecological alternative for housing on the move?

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 11:25

I just did my 1ere night AIrBnb, bin yes, better late than never.

For those who have hibernated these 10 last years, AirBnb allows to rent beds between individuals, it is either lodgings or complete house or rooms in the private individual.

We can therefore consider that it is a more ecological alternative to hotels, at least for rooms since:

- it's usually much cheaper
- the environmental impact is less than a hotel room

Negative points following my 1ere week AirBnb:

- the booking system is quite heavy: you have to make a request (enter your CB ...), the host must answer you in 24h then you have to confirm again in 24h. Only then is your application really confirmed and your CB charged.
So I missed my reservation 1!
- the validation of an account is itself quite heavy (probably to dissuade the scoundrels: it is easy to hurt once the wolf in the sheepfold ...)
- AirBnB filters phone numbers before paying (yes bin they want their commission)
- some slots which are indicated free are not really
- some prices are more expensive than the hotel
- the site does not seem very easy to use
- we never know who we are going to fall on: there are necessarily more warm people than others, concerning me I found the reception rather cold but sufficiently courteous. After I asked for no more.

For those who want to test, you can register here you can enjoy up to 36 € discount on your 1er trip by following this link

Other people have already tested?
0 x
Christophe

Re: AirBnb, the ecological alternative for housing on the move?

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 11:49

I confirm the system of (pre) booking is really rotten and the site frankly not friendly ... : Cheesy:

For example: if you want to ask a simple question to a member must necessarily indicate a date of travel ... and if we do not know when we will come?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 12:06

Well I do not understand anything: I just PRE book a new room and of course it is accepted without the response of the host or mine ... : Cheesy:

Where is the f * cking airbnb manual ??? : Mrgreen:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 01/12/19, 13:01

In negative point you can add the speculation that entails the model BNB Air, namely the purchase of apartments by wealthy individuals or businesses in chic city centers to generate maximum profit, a trend that results in depopulation of the historic centers of their inhabitants to the benefit of tourists friqués.
Paris, Barcelona, ​​Lisbon etc ... (non-exhaustive list!) Is gradually turning into museums cities without souls as a result of this ultra-liberal model.
Overall I do not think such practices can be considered environmentally friendly.
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 01/12/19, 13:06

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 13:17

sen-no-sen wrote:In negative point you can add the speculation that entails the model BNB Air, namely the purchase of apartments by wealthy individuals or businesses in chic city centers to generate maximum profit, a trend that results in depopulation of the historic centers of their inhabitants to the benefit of tourists friqués.
Paris, Barcelona, ​​Lisbon etc ... (non-exhaustive list!) Is gradually turning into museums cities without souls as a result of this ultra-liberal model.
Overall I do not think such practices can be considered environmentally friendly.

My comments were about the basic user that I am ... but you do well to open the debate.

So yes, just the participatory economy attracts, too, the yallins and venals ... so the opposite of the original idea ...

We can also mention the unfair competition compared to professionals ... but I think that some cities / governments have already legislated some time ago on no? As the case of Uber for taxis ...

But with what concrete actions on AirBnB?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/19, 13:20

GuyGadebois wrote:https://www.journaldugeek.com/2019/02/13/cybercriminels-profitent-de-uber-airbnb-blanchir-de-largent/

Just because a minority is using a system badly does not mean that it must be condemned entirely, there is exactly the same problem with bitcoin and cryptocurrency

5% to 10% of humans are fundamentally bad (or become so) ... well you have to deal with it!
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"