Internet advertising: the free content ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Do you use an ad blocker?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

Re: Internet advertising: the free content ...

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 15:37

I read correctly and I remember that you wanted to host the site with me and delete the domain name (without comment) ...

From there, apart from migrating everything forum towards a facebook group (with censorship and constraints, much greater than on a forum, that it induces ...) I see no alternative ...

Serious, were you serious? : Shock:

ps: sorry i don't have the fiber ...
0 x
SansLesMains
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SansLesMains » 25/09/19, 15:55

So yes, I was serious, but you're in pain lu understood, I re-explain:

ONE of the proposals was actually to host the forum on a fiber line, I never talked about your home.
A fiber line is 10 to 30th per month, and I remain convinced that it is possible to find someone to install a server with, if the fiber is not available at your place (you are the only one to manage this forum ?).

I don't see the connection with a "migration to facebook" (WTF? A forum on facebook, do you have any examples?), who would be completely stupid and who has absolutely nothing to do.

I have made other proposals, such as the grouping of several fora which deal more or less with the same subject, to drastically reduce the costs. You say you don't see an alternative, but when you are offered one, you ignore it.

What is the problem with a domain name other than .com?
"No comment" ... well, you haven't yet made any interesting commentary on my proposals, just denigration.
Anyway, it was not on this proposal that we had to linger eh, a .com is 15 balls per year, you are not going to make us believe that this is what is sinking the budget, so no need to debate about it.

You are acting bad, I have the impression, I can see that my intervention is not welcome, and that you are trying to preserve a model that you have been using for years (which is understandable, eh). I think the conversation won't get very far, so if you're okay with it, we just have to leave it there, I don't have time to waste on useless chattering. IF you have REAL answers, and not just a "it's not possible", that interests me a lot, if only out of technophile curiosity, since as you point out, I am not "in the know" ^ ^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/20, 12:05

Received this morning, it was publicity on the internet had already become very shitty, well it will be even worse ...

Their advice: overload the ad ... No thanks!

Otherwise for info on Google ads, the downward trend was brutal from JANUARY 2019 (-60% in 2 months ... so those who cry and cry free fall when their turnover drops from 5% to 10% make you laugh ...) ...

As if Google had already anticipated something in January 2019 ... :?: :?: :?: : Idea: : Idea: : Idea:

Dear editors,

In this very particular context, we would first like to communicate our full support to you.
If your circumstances allow, we remind you that simply staying at home can save lives :)

What impact for the monetization of my site?

COVID-19 is gradually reducing global advertising investment. Here is a 1st article on this subject: Offremedia.com: https://www.offremedia.com/20md-de-bais ... e-au-covid

Indeed, our monetization system is based on competition between thousands of brands in real time. Most brands are gradually stopping their advertising campaigns.

Average CPM across our network is dropping sharply.

Very large global advertisers such as airlines, banks, or all physical businesses are obliged to preserve their investments for obvious reasons.

What can I do to limit the impact on my income?

In order to preserve your advertising revenue, we invite you to take new initiatives on the advertising of your site.
You can for example add 1/2 formats per page.
It is possible that global internet traffic is increasing significantly.
This increase in traffic will not compensate a priori for the overall drop in advertising investments, but could allow you to keep an acceptable income.

See you soon !
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/03/20, 13:52

2019 or 2020 ?????

CPM: késako ???

But indeed, their "overload" argument is silly!

It's the "pie to share" that melts ... If all the publishers more or less overcharge, the income will melt anyway. There can only be slippage between those who overload a lot (who will pick up a larger piece of a much smaller cake) and the others (who will have the crumbs left) ...
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/03/20, 13:54

If Google could be ruined, I wouldn't cry.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Did67

by Did67 » 17/03/20, 13:58

It won't be Google ...

It will be econology!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/03/20, 14:01

Did67 wrote:It won't be Google ...

It will be econology!

Ah bah no eh, "my véloooooo" !!!
(You want 20 balls, Christophe?)
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/20, 14:44

Did67 wrote:2019 or 2020 ?????

CPM: késako ???

But indeed, their "overload" argument is silly!

It's the "pie to share" that melts ... If all the publishers more or less overcharge, the income will melt anyway. There can only be slippage between those who overload a lot (who will pick up a larger piece of a much smaller cake) and the others (who will have the crumbs left) ...

I'm talking about a collapse as soon as January 2019 but considering how I took it out on the face of some when I spoke of the absolute necessity of advertising funding for forums... I preferred not to tell you anything ... until this morning.

It's as if the google advertising algorithms had already presented something in January 2019 ...

CPM = cost per mile = gain per 1000 page views ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/20, 14:48

GuyGadebois wrote:
Did67 wrote:It won't be Google ...

It will be econology!

Ah bah no eh, "my véloooooo" !!!
(You want 20 balls, Christophe?)

We are not there yet and we must see how the evolution of the coming months will be ...

Thank you Guy well received your 20 €!

But suddenly I have to thank who? Guy..E ... or L ...? : Cheesy:

(For those who don't understand Guy has just donated € 20 on this page: https://www.econologie.com/aider-le-site-econologie/)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 17/03/20, 16:15

We're not going to make a big deal out of it either!
0 x