Internet advertising: the free content ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.

Do you use an ad blocker?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Christophe

Re: Internet advertising: the free content ...

by Christophe » 09/04/19, 11:16

Didier's good analyzes, I couldn't have said it better ...

The financial constraint (= membership) is an important obstacle to the exchange of ideas, this is why I have never seriously considered it as a source of income to finance the operation of this forum, because even if many sites.

Mediapart that you are just quoting was only one of the first to offer "pay to read" in France, it was a risky bet at the time but it worked (we give more value to something than paid...). After that I will not go into the controversy of the choice of their subjects, often "borderline" ...

But for a few years and the evolutions of the web (I locate this around 2015): all the major French media are also doing pay to read (ex ;, lemonde, le point, les echos ...) because they limit today the number of articles seen per month for non-subscribers ...

This is proof that the purely advertising operating model no longer works on the French-speaking web (I have already given these examples several times above in this subject)

I think that the mix: advertising and voluntary contribution remains the best solution for this forum... remains to be seen what the forum can offer "more" (like 0.0 ad for donors as I'm testing it) but as soon as there is a counterpart, can we still speak of a truly voluntary contribution? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/19, 15:15

Can I have some feedback from members after the total removal of ad scripts (when you are logged in)?

Le forum still seems much faster and more pleasant to use.

Your opinions?
0 x
wini47
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by wini47 » 25/07/19, 12:42

Hello,

I discover your site / forum. I was shocked by the rhetorical form of this necessarily false demonstration, namely: "Internet Advertising: it's free content ..." But you have managed to make me feel guilty. As I don't like the lack of respect, I feel wrong and will try to justify myself.

I'm going to be lighter crazy than Did67, try to deepen the alternatives suggested by Chatelot16 and probably join the ideas of Exnihiloest : Oops:.

To begin with, free does not exist. "Everything can be bought", but hey, no need to ask a zombie to use another part than the motor of his brain. Or in other words: "when you have no head, you have legs".

Some are very good at getting money, there are many sectors in which to operate. The main lines being extraction, processing and service. Then the methods: intrigue, prostitution and again service.

The advertiser is, in my humble opinion, like pimps selling their muses to poor people. Yes, the space pays off, and this poor guy does not know how to get rich as well as this mackerel and therefore gives him a space that nevertheless has invaluable value. Among others that of tranquility. Today, being able to concentrate without being distracted by a daring salesperson, what a luxury. : Oops:

With these ads, even money can no longer be quiet. Dirt of consumer society : Evil:. But money and tranquility are not everything. This space could serve to promote ideas really chosen to allow us to develop freely and fully. How would money make it better day by day? How does money bring freedom? Absolutely nothing :!: .
Money, aha, is a bit like a vital fluid. Just like blood, compressed air, resin. Put some air in the resin, the mushrooms invite and rot the tree. Put some resin in the blood, the overdose will be fast. Put a little blood in the air, revenge will quickly start a war. So there it is, yes, you need money, but above all, you have to know how to use it. Why admire the wealthy sorrel speculator without any effort? It is even those who succeed in making others take risks. Shouldn't we rather bleed them from their overflow of cash : Mrgreen: ? (After that, the stock market and guaranteed to have stable prices for a given material, that's another subject)

In short, the servers hosting the forums must be technically maintained and supplied with power, all of these things obviously have costs. To ask for the same participation from someone who connects for 20 minutes every year, and someone who connects for several tens of hours would be absurd : Cheesy:. Likewise, someone giving the recognition expected by each member of the forum and the one just pumping their energy would be ulcerating. : Oops: Some people take rights on the pretext that he pays and know how to put the fish to sleep as far as they can afford. For our subject in question, pubs, cookies, trackers, and no more social tranquility, the competition takes over and here begins the absolute crises between big brands lend "to almost" everything to seize a few market shares additional and make maximum tax-free profit.

Frankly, nothing better than autonomy, self-sufficiency, exchanges, and individual skills. Nothing better than the relational when it is morally sustainable. But hey, if the zombiesque vaccine had been discovered we would have known for a long time :P .

Good continuation. Looking forward to reading your reactions.

PS:
- Thank you to you Christophe for taking the necessary steps to save resources for our processors and save us many precious seconds.
- Note that the zombies, although mutant, are a clear evolution from humans to sobriety in the sense that they have become something other than "shit factories"
- I may have flown a little quickly, but it would be missing in the forum a section "presentation" to be able to flirt in complete privacy by private messages, know a little better with whom we are flirting, or what do you have an idea of ​​who seeks to seduce us?
1 x
SansLesMains
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SansLesMains » 24/09/19, 18:25

Hi, I just signed up after reading this interesting topic (except the last message, man, I didn't bite anything).
I would like to add my opinion, which differs somewhat from the others here, even if it joins some on several aspects.

First of all, I introduce myself, niko, libertarian at heart, worshiper of forums, tech savvy (and behind the scenes) and internet user since 1998.

Advertising isn't freedom, it's just the opposite. It is in my opinion, not far from being absolute evil. Not in the concept (getting known, it's pretty good), but in its application through wild capitalism.
Many shortcomings and current societal diseases, in my opinion would be avoided without it.
How can you decry facebook and others, and at the same time play their game in your written propaganda (advertising = free = WTF freedom of expression?)
It was to set the scenery.

A little more on the subject that concerns you / us, I think that Christophe, despite all his obvious goodwill, is on the wrong track when he mentions the impossibility, in 201x, of holding a forum at cheap.

It's a bit the same problem as a dry toilet, "we" can no longer even imagine going back to solutions less comfortable than the sewer system.

It's simple, however: newsletter servers, we can very well do without it, just like the newsletters themselves.
The domain name, the same, that of ego to absolutely want a .com of your own, when you could be satisfied with a subdomain or a simple URL. The mail server? Why not just use your personal email address, or one of the many "free" options out there? What is the point of having an email @ econologie.com, and why not also business cards with Gothic writing?
Here, magic, that also settles the question of the anti-spam (unless I go crazy about techno).

We have to go back to basics. You probably do it already in your life, why not also on your computer?
I clearly lack hindsight (and recent experience) to affirm it, but I am convinced that a forum like this one would even be very well hosted at home with a fiber optic line.

And even if it was a nameless bullshit, I am surprised at the costs announced for this forum. I will take your word for it, of course, but with around 1000 visitors today, less expensive accommodation would have worked just as well. There are certainly spikes, but there is no obligation to honor them. If the forum is really useful, eventually people will pay. Today, there are a plethora of sites that have no place.
Quantity is seen by many as a good thing, but is it really?

In my humble opinion (and although in the middle, I am not an expert, I can of course be wrong and I am aware of it), another relevant solution would be the grouping of several forums, dealing with similar subjects, within one. It should not be complicated to convince them, since if I believe the posts of 3 years ago, the little ones forums are many to "die" .... If there are any living, contact them urgently =)

It would cost much less in terms of accommodation, and more people would be willing to pay a subscription (I recommend quarterly for the theme developed here) if it opens the doors to more content, on more subjects.

All that I have just written is not necessarily to be taken in the 1st degree, it is a more theoretical than practical reflection, endless.
The "problem" will be solved the day when advertising is banned on the one hand, and on the other hand when the money is better distributed (if that happens one day):
I would love to be able to give 5th or 10th a year to the site, as well as to others, if I won more than 500th monthly.
For such a small amount to be enough, many, if not all, people can afford it.

I remain convinced that a more equitable model on the net will come first from a more equitable model in life.
Waiting for some to give a lot for others is like waiting for Bill Gates to build foundations and finance Africa.
The (correct) answer will undoubtedly be political ... the rest is crutches.

It's not for tomorrow, but maybe for the day after tomorrow, who knows, if everyone tries to preach the good word to his neighbor (especially when his neighbor thinks very differently, history that it is profitable), we could have political surprises one day ... and France is still a big country, which can embark others on its line.

That was for the positive note, a thousand apologies for this block, hoping that you will have understood me!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 11:03

SansLesMains wrote:Advertising isn't freedom, it's just the opposite.

(...)

I would love to be able to give 5th or 10th a year to the site, as well as to others, if I won more than 500th monthly.
For such a small amount to be enough, many, if not all, people can afford it.

I remain convinced that a more equitable model on the net will come first from a more equitable model in life.
Waiting for some to give a lot for others is like waiting for Bill Gates to build foundations and finance Africa.
The (correct) answer will undoubtedly be political ... the rest is crutches.

It's not for tomorrow, but maybe for the day after tomorrow, who knows, if everyone tries to preach the good word to his neighbor (especially when his neighbor thinks very differently, history that it is profitable), we could have political surprises one day ... and France is still a big country, which can embark others on its line.

That was for the positive note, a thousand apologies for this block, hoping that you will have understood me!

There is the theory, the blablas, and on the other side the practice ... And what I see in practice is this:

: Arrow: : Arrow: https://fr.tipeee.com/econologie-com : Arrowl: : Arrowl:

However, I launched this Tipeee campaign months ago and I think I have looked after the presentation page ...

We can not say that this is jostling at the gate ... So while waiting for the BIG change announced mentality and that everyone opens their heart and their wallet to the econological cause (hum hum ...) ... bin he n there is no other choice than to keep the advertising model ...
0 x
SansLesMains
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SansLesMains » 25/09/19, 11:38

Christophe wrote:So while waiting for the BIG announced change of mentality and that everyone opens their heart and their wallet to the econological cause (hum hum ...) ... bin there is no other choice than to keep the model advertising ...

I think you only read half of my message, at the same time I readily admit that it was too long =)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 13:12

I read everything well thank you.

The IT solutions proposed to reduce costs are not viable ... in 1998 I hosted a few sites at home too! : Cheesy:
0 x
SansLesMains
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SansLesMains » 25/09/19, 13:59

Why then "not viable"?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/09/19, 15:17

Obviously you are not aware of the professionalization of the web that has taken place since 2011-2012 ...

Before we could hack a lot ... Now the free and efficient has become rare.
Do you know IT service providers who work for free? Not me...

But obviously you're going to find us against examples ...

If not what do you do in life? Job? Training?
0 x
SansLesMains
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by SansLesMains » 25/09/19, 15:28

I never talked about free, reread my proposals.
I can't find a counterexample (what by the way? Since there was no example), I would rather wait for you to explain to me, if you know, how the solutions already offered are not viable.
I'm just trying to help, because the substantive subject interests me, but if help is not welcome, I would go elsewhere, no worries;)
0 x