A cappuccino one!

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Flytox

A cappuccino one!

by Flytox » 09/12/07, 16:15

Bonjour à tous

This afternoon at the beach which borders the mouth of the Adour in Bayonne (Anglet). Despite the wind decorating the oxen, we see bundles of foam running on the beach. : Shock:

More bastards of tankers who have degassed at sea. : Evil: : Evil: The video does not render it very well, but the sea is disgusting for tens of meters in the waves. It is more "white / beige" of filth (petroleum cappuccino) than because of the storm.

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/dscn3830.avi

The "white" clusters that remain on the top of the beach at the end of the video, it's not a wave, it's the petroleum cappuccino ... # "~ é @ ° ^ &} µ ù% .. (censored) of oil tankers.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/12/07, 17:44

I see that it was the digestive walk after a good meal ...

Was it really oil?
Because whitish-coffee foam is called sea foam.

When the sea moves a lot, it causes foam.
Now, if it stinks or is iridescent, it's something else ...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/12/07, 18:38

Hello Gegyx

Living nearby, I often see the sea ... and there it was really dirty oil or other things ... anyway there was so much wind, foam, rain and sand flying that I left to take shelter ...

As for the smell and the iridescence, a few years ago a boat spilled a large quantity of fuel on the beach of Anglet (nearby), the Bulldozers came to turn the contaminated sand but there is no had no peculiar smell and no irritation in the water. In a tide the sea with "almost everything" dissolved. The beach has been off-limits for I don't know how many weeks. :x

The beach where this video was made is usually prohibited for swimming. Receiving the effluents from the Adour (just behind the dike) it does not meet the sanitary conditions for holidaymakers.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 20/12/09, 13:22

http://www.biarritz.fr/Website/site/fra ... ebcam4.htm

Biarritz renowned seaside resort as it is never shown on a stormy day (November 8, 2009).

- No, this is not a foam fire extinguisher exercise for the Biarritz firefighters.

- No, it was not the local cafetier who overflowed a little capuchino.

Note, this is where you dream of swimming in summer ....... With water quality irreproachable

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

maritime pollution

by oli 80 » 20/12/09, 13:51

hello, oh it looks like they have vented their tanks with a detergent given the amount of foam or a ship threw chemicals

this is something that should be on the front page of all newspapers : Evil:

well I don't live by the sea but still, I imagine that it must have consequences on the health of people there
0 x
Flytox

Re: maritime pollution

by Flytox » 20/12/09, 14:08

Hello oli 80
oli 80 wrote:hello, oh it looks like they have vented their tanks with a detergent given the amount of foam or a ship threw chemicals

There are the boats which degas, but also the rivers of the Adour, Nive, Bidassoa corner etc ... which pour their crap in silence ...

this is something that should be on the front page of all newspapers : Evil:

Especially not, it would drop tourism! You have to stick to the image of the Webcam! Biarritz is a postcard! No but ! : Cry: :frown: :| :x : Shock: : Evil:

well I don't live by the sea but still, I imagine that it must have consequences on the health of people there

Consequence on health certainly but also on morale ..... !!! What are we going to leave to our children and grandchildren ...
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Pollution

by oli 80 » 20/12/09, 14:33

actually putting it in the newspapers is not to break tourism that I said that, it is for people to be aware of the damage, I do not think it is like that all year, damage to swimmers

an example near my home nothing to do with the sea

I live in Mosselle is mining region, at one time of the year we always have a kind of sand which is deposited everywhere

we always believed in sand from the Sahara, don't laugh, the wind can transport sand everywhere, well no it is sulfur coming from a shellfish, rejected by the chimneys of the factory
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/12/09, 15:11

It's beautiful !
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/12/09, 17:28

I can't find my source. But it seems to me that it is a perfectly natural phenomenon, linked to sea water (and its composition, sodium chloride), beaten by winds and rocks, I think I remember that algae play a role of emulsifier ...

Vague memory of a program where it was about emulsions, link, etc ... Sorry to not remember better ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/12/09, 17:55

Meerschaum with Diben

Jetty covered with foam in Ploemeur

Beautiful images in St Guénolé

"NO, IT'S NOT P0LLUTION, IT'S SEASUME, MIXTURE OF WATER AND SALT"

For coffee color?
Biarritz is further south than Brittany…
: Lol:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"