About antivirus station to prices ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 27/08/08, 12:45

Matt113 wrote:The biggest problem with Linux if it became the majority of computers is its free side. Sources that can be used by anyone, discovering and using flaws or the like would become easier for virus creators.
Ben not on the contrary! First, because finding a fault is not easier when you have the source code, and especially because the GNU / Linux developers community is much more reactive than Microsoft is at the time. discovered a security breach.

The numbers show that there are no more and no less flaws under a free OS than under Windows. On the other hand, the time of correction is much shorter under the free OS (or the software: example Firefox VS Internet Explorer).
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 27/08/08, 12:47

Christophe wrote:Speaking of linux kk1 here managed to make a Linux / Windows hybrid network for file / printer sharing? (without feint passing through a server / FTP client even if it works well for files)

I have been doing this since 2002. Either with a Debian file / printer server and XP, Ubuntu, or Debian clients, either with an XP server and with XP, Ubuntu or Debian clients.

What problems did you encounter?
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 27/08/08, 12:50

Rulian wrote:If for several reasons linux better armed than windows against viruses it is not sheltered either.
How many Windows users have default admin rights on their personal machine? The majority !! This is the first risk.

Under Gnu / Linux this is impossible. The only one who has administrative rights is the "root". This is already a first reason why viruses have less devastating effect.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 27/08/08, 14:14

chatelot16 wrote:important question about viruses: how do you know where they come from?

an anti vurus can suppress the virus, but how to know when and by what means it came, which website, usb key or cdrom?

Is there a way to make a history of everything written in a computer?

In NOD32 it is possible to quarantine all detected viruses and submit them to "the parent company" I understand that at least it identifies the type of virus and on the net there are many addresses which allow you to learn more about the bébète ...

Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 27/08/08, 14:20

Korben Dallas wrote:
Rulian wrote:If for several reasons linux better armed than windows against viruses it is not sheltered either.
How many Windows users have default admin rights on their personal machine? The majority !! This is the first risk.

Under Gnu / Linux this is impossible. The only one who has administrative rights is the "root". This is already a first reason why viruses have less devastating effect.

Exactly, could you explain what must be done not to be default, but with a configuration a little safer?
And as you seem (and the song) to know you could not give us a little lesson on virtual firewalls and subject to how interesting, the firewall built into the WIFI modem and or ADSL ?

Thank you :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 14:24

Christophe wrote:Speaking of linux kk1 here managed to make a Linux / Windows hybrid network for file / printer sharing? (without feint passing through a server / FTP client even if it works well for files)

The last time I tried linux (2005) I had not succeeded despite long hours of trouble ...

at work we have file and print servers that are on Linux, samba for files and cups for printers.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 14:26

chatelot16 wrote:but there is ussi piles of things that can not be done with windows: for example format a big usb disk in fat32 so that it can be used by windows 98 as well as windows xp: windows does not want to format in fat a disk already in NTFS: you have to buy expensive software like partition magic: with linux GParted and free: I just install linux just to facilitate the coexistence between windows98 and XP ...

Windows is also free software, especially for managing partitions and disks, of course they do not have the magic partition ergonomics.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 14:36

Korben Dallas wrote:

Under Gnu / Linux, it's impossible. The only one who has administrative rights is the "root". This is already a first reason why viruses have less devastating effect.

Under windows the only one who has the rights of administrator, it is the administrator. The fault here comes from the basic configuration of the PC when it is sold. If it was properly configured with an Administrator account and limited accounts there would be no problem. It is feasible without problem I had done it on my brother's PC to avoid that it fucks too much brothel on : Cheesy:

Now under Linux do not believe, there are many people who put themselves in Linux and who log in as root directly to avoid sudo etc ...
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 15:09

Korben Dallas wrote:The numbers show that there are no more and no less flaws under a free OS than under Windows. On the other hand, the time of correction is much shorter under the free OS (or the software: example Firefox VS Internet Explorer).

Firefox 2 since its release almost two years ago had 16 Update, Internet Explorer 7 which came out almost at the same time as Firefox 2 has a cumulative MAJ per month. So your example is not good, I think.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 27/08/08, 19:22

Matt113 wrote:Under windows the only one who has the rights of administrator, it is the administrator. The fault here comes from the basic configuration of the PC when it is sold. If it was properly configured with an Administrator account and limited accounts there would be no problem.
I agree. And you find it normal that a new PC is "badly configured" in terms of security? Not me !
Matt113 wrote:It is feasible without problem I had done it on my brother's PC to avoid that it fucks too much brothel on : Cheesy:
Of course! My daughters do not have the rights to install anything on my machine under XP and thankfully !! By cons, some software does not work under a non-administrator session! Another design aberration ...

Matt113 wrote:Now under Linux do not believe, there are many people who put themselves in Linux and who log in as root directly to avoid sudo etc ...
Try to do it on Debian ... it's impossible to log in as root in graphical mode!
And when you say "a lot", I very much doubt. None of those I know practice it ...
0 x