About antivirus station to prices ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 27/08/08, 00:56

I'm writing to you from my PC running on Ubuntu. This is the Linux distro currently in vogue because it's the best in terms of entertainment for the general public. The last and really beautiful simplicity, although it takes a little overweight perhaps with the years.

It's here :
http://www.ubuntu-fr.org/

Read the basic doc (just the concepts) on linux in general and Ubuntu, and if you have questions, go to the forumThere are always people to answer you very quickly and with a smile. It's used to that. And test the Live-CD, it costs nothing and it does not touch your hard drives at all. Great to get a first idea.

There are plenty of other great distros, but I have not tested them personally. Do not miss their live-CDs too and compare them by yourself.

PS: to come back to the topic of this thread, I must say that I even forgot what an antivirus since I'm on Nunux! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 09:14

It's true that ubuntu is not bad.
But on the other hand you test several distros without being lost because they use in general the same office environments (the best known are Gnome and KDE).
The difference is generally in the installation, the packages provided in the distro and on the managed hardware (also depending on the linux kernel used).
I do not advise you to start with slackware though : Cheesy:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 27/08/08, 10:51

Rulian wrote:to come back about this thread, I must say that I even forgot what an antivirus since I'm on Nunux! : Mrgreen:

I have already seen this kind of sentence more than once.
However, do not forget that viruses for linux exist, very little either, but if, as some advocates, the world mostly switched to linux disti (I heard last year that the French gendarmerie was switching to linux as a whole ) what would then be the preferred target of virus "makers"?

If for several reasons linux better armed than windows against viruses it is not sheltered either.

So for the moment the best anti linux virus is undoubtedly Windows : Mrgreen: because of its majority position.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 11:06

The biggest problem with Linux if it became the majority of computers is its free side. Sources that can be used by anyone, discovering and using flaws or the like would become easier for virus creators.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 27/08/08, 11:20

Without doubt, but with each defect its advantage, in open source more "eyes" to discover and correct the flaws and the diversity of the distributions is not an advantage for the viruses to be effective for sure.

The diversity of operating systems and in this sense interesting either linux mac or windows.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 27/08/08, 11:28

delnoram wrote:in open source more "eyes" to discover and correct the flaws

I totally agree, we still have a Ubuntu on a machine at work, it's huge the number of updates. There is more than 140 MAJ to do, they were done last time just before the holidays.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/08, 11:39

Speaking of linux kk1 here managed to make a Linux / Windows hybrid network for file / printer sharing? (without feint passing through a server / FTP client even if it works well for files)

The last time I tried linux (2005) I had not succeeded despite long hours of trouble ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/08/08, 12:26

linux will not have a virus like windows: allowing viruses is the policy of windows to hide everything: so if no normal user does not know what is happening in his machine life is good for viruses

another question who benefits from the crime? for me the only one who earns money is the anti virus vendor!

with linux or everything is free who will get tired to make viruses?

other motivation of the viruses, to use your machine without the knowledge of your full range to make the spam for example: the also it is possible only because windows cache everything has the average user: at the average user of linux ca is unlikely to go unnoticed

alas we can not do everything with linux, there is always something or 2 that forces to keep a window ...

but there is ussi piles of things that can not be done with windows: for example format a big usb disk in fat32 so that it can be used by windows 98 as well as windows xp: windows does not want to format in fat a disk already in NTFS: you have to buy expensive software like partition magic: with linux GParted and free: I just install linux just to facilitate the coexistence between windows98 and XP ...
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 27/08/08, 12:40

Christophe wrote:Speaking of linux kk1 here managed to make a Linux / Windows hybrid network for file / printer sharing? (without feint passing through a server / FTP client even if it works well for files)

The last time I tried linux (2005) I had not succeeded despite long hours of trouble ...

yes yes, I did it many times, especially for file sharing

under linux you use SAMBA, and voila!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/08/08, 12:42

important question about viruses: how do you know where they come from?

an anti vurus can suppress the virus, but how to know when and by what means it came, which website, usb key or cdrom?

Is there a way to make a history of everything written in a computer?
0 x