[SOLVED] About the solar portable charger

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Panda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

[SOLVED] About the solar portable charger

by Panda » 30/10/08, 16:30

Hello everybody

I'm posting to find out if I need to return my product.
I received today this article

It works but seems to have a small defect: the switch of the lamp is too deep it would take large nails or even a toothpick to activate it :?

So I would like to know if it's "normal" or if I was unlucky ...

ps: for information, tested on a GPS because my phone (Motorola V220) has too small a socket, grrr!
Last edited by Panda the 31 / 10 / 08, 14: 49, 1 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/10/08, 18:44

In my opinion, the forum is not the place to talk about the products in the shop: it would be better to speak directly to Christine or Christophe.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Panda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Panda » 30/10/08, 19:52

I sent a message via the store contact form ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/08, 14:14

We have received the message and will respond to it the same as below:

a) This product is sold as a solar charger and not a solar lamp, it is clearly stated that this is a "bonus" on the product sheet: https://www.econologie.com/shop/solaire-photovoltaique-c-35

I quote:

Very high duration (70h) integrated LED solar flashlight with 2 integrated white LEDs usable as emergency lighting (opening a door, car ...)

b) The button is not smaller than the other ON / OFF button and, with my big fingers, I have no problem handling it. Saus if there is a specific problem with your charger?

c) If this posed a definitive problem, return the product to us according to our general conditions of sale, details are in the email.
0 x
Panda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Panda » 31/10/08, 14:47

Thank you for your answer, I know this lamp is a bonus and I bought this product for what it is above all: a charger.

From your answer, I conclude that my product really has a defect because even with my little fingers, I cannot trigger it.
0 x
Yes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Laptop solar charger

by Yes » 16/01/09, 14:24

Hello,

I would like to know if you are happy with the solar charger. : Idea: I am interested in this product but I am afraid that it will not be very effective and that I will put it in the closet for the benefit of the classic charger of the laptop.

Are the charging times correct, i.e. equivalent to the charger connected to the mains :?:

The laptop I use is this: Motorola w230 and the power of its charger is 2.75W (5V / 550mA).

Thank you
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/09, 14:34

The interest of this product is not to replace the mains charger but to supplement it from time to time ... and especially to have a "campaign" charger or emergency replacement ... Depending on the use whether you use your mobile phone and the sun, it is not at all certain that the charger can have enough energy.

Since it takes about 8 hours of sunshine to recharge the full internal battery ...
0 x
Panda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Panda » 16/01/09, 16:33

I'm happy with it, but I confirm Christophe's answer: it's a backup charger to supplement, not to replace. Besides the sun right now ... : Cheesy:

To be stored in the glove box or in the hiking / camping bag : Idea:
0 x
Yes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Yes » 16/01/09, 16:49

Thank you for your answers, I think I will let myself be tempted, it can always be used ... for mountain walks ... or long trips ... or even camping ...; D
0 x