Sarkoland: Legion of Honor PM of Quebec

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 07/02/09, 06:47

Andre
There is the same problem here in Quebec against the English who are disgusted by the French, fortunately it is not customary.

I think we are coming together on a lot of points, but unfortunately the debate on Quebec's sovereignty divides a lot of people and brings a lot of discussion.

I had to bring another side of Quebec without wanting to offend you.

I am curious by nature and that's why I prefer to learn the English language.

I hate Montreal, I lived there 1 years and left without regret.

All major cities have a problem with regards to politeness, in the villages people are less individualistic and more helpful.

Your last post comforts me, you are the Andrew I know virtually.

Good night, hoping we will be future good friends.
:D
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/02/09, 18:56

Good evening to you Quebecois, I find legitimate the need for André to be respected in its culture, as well as the Inuit, the Australian aborigines, the German Swiss, French or Italian; Does the desire for independence of Quebec, whether majority or not, not come from the condescending attitude of the Canadian authority for its non-English speakers?
Is there not historically a remnant of the conflict between the French and the English that preceded the birth of Canada? Is not the eternal Franco-English conflict that is behind all this, embellished with an anglophone coalition USA / Canada.
Let's not forget that Canada is in the Commonwealth, that the Queen of England is also Queen of Canada, and that a French province in an English-speaking country is a task (humor).

If Quebecers feel disadvantaged, economically excluded from the rest of the country, it is normal for them to want independence or at least perpetuate their culture.

It seems to me at least normal that the two languages ​​should be taught equally throughout the country because the fact of giving priority to one language, as André shows, proves that the authorities regard the other language as minor; they consider this population to be second-class.

On this subject, what is the percentage of the Francophone population in relation to the Canadian population?

To summarize, I would say that the Canadian government has two choices in relation to a population that does not have the same language as its queen: progressive assimilation, which seems to be the case, or recognition as a proper identity. .

Globalization, and the very present US neighbor, are in the direction of progressive assimilation and Sarko does not say anything else; Down with minorities, assimilable to extremists, which he applies elsewhere in France.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 07/02/09, 22:14

Bham

Quebec has already made a lot of progress in terms of the French language, unfortunately it is in Montreal that the problem is, because in the rest of Quebec English has greatly declined.

Canada is obligatorily bilingual, but in practice, unfortunately, it is very difficult to be served in French.
If I get arrested by the police for an offense, I can ask to be answered in French otherwise the ticket may be canceled.

In the USA the country is also bilingual but it is Spanish which is the second language and in a greater proportion than French in Canada and yet the country is not officially bilingual.

Note that I do not defend any Sarco policy and I do not care (I can not change anything) since it does not affect me and I have many French and European friends anyway, I leave them the careful to judge their internal policy.

The French / English war is a thing of the past and no one living on this earth attended, but can only find the story that can not be changed forever.

What is done, remains done, we have forgotten and we will be better.
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"