Renault Twingo III: Propulsion and rear engine.

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Renault Twingo III: Propulsion and rear engine.

by gildas » 14/02/14, 09:44

Hello,

I share my enthusiasm for the future Renault Twingo III, it may trigger the passions by recalling R8 Gordini and Simca Rally. 8)
http://www.largus.fr/geneve/2014/nouvel ... 00371.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/02/14, 11:32

Ah yes...

it may well be a pretty joke ...

A propulsion with the bulk of the weight on the rear wheels ...

you can always turn the steering wheel on a slippery road, in the direction you want. : Mrgreen:

Positive: the choice of a small block 3 cylinders: this engine should prove economical and well balanced.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/02/14, 11:41

Raaaaah! Deadly trap, doubly more dangerous because, in your opinion who buys this kind of vehicle? If it is not people who ride little, so the less seasoned to incidents of handling. (with tendency to brake by turning)

And since it will be less well protected because there will be more engine in the front ....

I have very bad memories of my BMW 1600 of 1969 and my friends, it was even worse, they rolled in ladybug or R8, even in Simca 1000. The ladybugs said it was safe to put a bag of cement in the trunk.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 14/02/14, 12:06

The Smart is also a rear-engined propulsion ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/02/14, 12:34

Yes, but hardly anyone drives in smart!

One of the great advantages of the 1 Twingo was its relegated wheels to the 4 corners which naturally gave it an excellent handling, as on the old mini.

My wife got one for 17 years / 225000 km (she was still turning like a clock when we resold her) it was extraordinarily versatile. I would be curious to try to put adult 4 + luggage and 2 guitars (in flightcase) in the new, to see .....

By cons, the 1 consumed a lot for a small: 8 liters easy!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 14/02/14, 16:33

Your comments do not surprise me.

This is also why I put the subject in the section Leisure and Passion ...

However the road holding of this Twingo is improved thanks to the electronics, it is not comparable with the cars of the years 60 / 70 ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/02/14, 16:58

Hopefully, but get the bowl of the expensive and complicated when you can make it simple?

This car is a pure marketing object, not a twingo!
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 14/02/14, 18:42

even without the electronics, it's a safe bet that the handling is quite effective.
since 40 years, the links to the road have made progress. I think we should avoid reactions based on 40ans old concepts. anyway there are utac and other tests that will show the capabilities of this car.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/02/14, 18:43

As long as talking car, the European 1ere in rechargeable hybrid is coming soon? It's at BM: https://www.econologie.com/forums/bmw-serie- ... 13080.html
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/02/14, 23:04

dirk pitt wrote:even without the electronics, it's a safe bet that the handling is quite effective.
since 40 years, the links to the road have made progress. I think we should avoid reactions based on 40ans old concepts. anyway there are utac and other tests that will show the capabilities of this car.

+1; Competition single-seaters are designed for the best possible road holding ..... and practically all have a "central rear" engine. Before saying that it won't hold up when it's at the rear, we'll have to see how they achieved the balance. What matters is that it is not vicious, on slippery / bumpy terrain / on slopes / braking on a curve etc ... A poorly balanced car that it swings like a cow or that it on -turn like an R8 it's dangerous with the front or rear engine. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132