Peugeot sells his electric car

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Did67

Peugeot sells his electric car

by Did67 » 09/08/12, 17:59

According to the France 2 newspaper this afternoon, Peugeot is selling the ION for 10 euros !!!

There, I found the info on TF1.

They would have huge stocks on their hands, following the agreement with Mitsubishi (if I remember the comment correctly: 100 bought =. And only a few hundred ION sold!

I imagine there are conditions: repeats, etc ...

Opportunity to seize ???????????????
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/08/12, 23:01

http://www.peugeot.fr/decouvrir/ion/5-portes/#!

Not seen a drop here.

It's tempting:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi ... ABn_C-ZERO

But if in ten years they will no longer replace the controllers ... Trip computer and other proprietary electronic components; it is better to guard against this by adding a clause to the purchase, since they do it with the 806.

On the other hand, if it's the same as the Mitsubishi, they may have the parts ... : Cheesy:

Long live European brands! It is reassuring to know that we can count on them! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Fakir
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Fakir » 09/08/12, 23:57

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/08/12, 10:16

That they can't sell it is one thing (I haven't seen much of Sarko's activity to install the kiosks he had promised in all the parking lots and supermarkets ... either) ... but the question that quibbles me is: at this price, how much do they still earn?

Because they are not so crazy to sell it at a loss ...

Besides, I can't understand why it was not successful given the price of oil. Because there, driving electric at this tarf is almost free.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/08/12, 10:17

1) Indeed, the sites do not seem up to date and do not talk about it! Webmaster on vacation ????

2) For this price, in 10 years, it is amortized, not ????

I doubt you can negotiate with a concession! If the manufacturer has no more parts, it will be "dead".

But indeed, as it is a Mitsubishi, there may be parts in Kuala Lumpur, Mayotte or Amsterdam!

3) At Citroên, this would be a leasing at 90 euros per month.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/08/12, 11:52

This is a problem for those who have an iOn for sale in second-hand: it is 2 to 3 times more expensive in second-hand than in new! : Lol:

http://www.lacentrale.fr/listing_auto.p ... =&origine=
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/08/12, 14:39

Obamot wrote:but the question that quibbles me is: at this price, how much do they still earn?

Because they are not so crazy to sell it at a loss ...

Response elements :

- it is a "bonus" of approximately 5 euros deducted (so the manufacturer collects the bonus in addition)

- it is very limited (in August and vehicles currently in stock): kinds of super-sales!

But selling at a loss is prohibited in France (it seems to me), this should place the cost price around 16 euros.

I especially think that Peugeot is doing an advertising campaign there, in a situation where its image has been tarnished (including by the French President) at very little cost. A few hundred Ion bazardées at cost price: all the media talk about it and Peugeot, lagging behind on the electric, appears as the market leader (at the time when Renault will market its Zoé) ... It costs in my opinion much less expensive than a TV ad campaign, with a much greater impact! I think the challenge is there.

This is not a reason not to take advantage of it !!!!!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 11/08/12, 13:18

The operation is already finished, the cars are sold. : Mrgreen:
A friend warned me urgently, but I was traveling and since I already drive electric ...
This operation and the previous ones (rental offers at 90 € / month, ...) have several objectives:
- Gauging public receptivity to EV
- Use stocks to honor the distribution contract concluded with Mitsubishi (and not pay the related penalties).

Within PSA, the storm is thundering ... The Chevrons complain of unfair competition from the Lion ... But in the network, the concessions brake 4 wheels not to sell these cars ...
So these media announcements are necessary for buyers to rush to the dealership and discover these vehicles that are hidden from them (they are only rarely exhibited in showrooms, but often relegated to the back of the parking lot).
The results are clear; customers want electric vehicles, only the prices charged slow the (re) start of the electric vehicle.

Finally, the arrival (postponed end of 2012) of the Zoé, worries PSA which is trying to reposition itself on the electric vehicle and offer an alternative to the Zoé.
Hopefully the consumer will benefit in the long run. :D
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 12/08/12, 01:07

citro wrote:The operation is already finished, the cars are sold. : Mrgreen:
A friend warned me urgently, but I was traveling and since I already drive electric ...
:D

I had seen the huge promotion in early August, but living on the 3rd floor of a building without a garage, recharging would be difficult.

For latecomers, a few ions are on sale at +1000 or +2000 € for the more "correct":

Link : http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/offres ... eugeot+ion

What chilled me the most was the response of a forumeur which indicated to me that the replacement of the battery cost 17 000 € + 384 € of MO : Shock:

Being in a cold region (from -20 some mornings), it really makes you think when you have no garage.

In addition, the system without motor-wheel seems to me less efficient in terms of the ratio of power consumed / distance traveled (for example compared to the Heuliez, whose look is even more "special").

What is good in this promotion is actually the awareness of many people that the electric corresponds more and more to the expectations of motorists (homis autonomy which is the point that blocks the most) .

I think that a greater number of people will thus follow the news on electric vehicles, and watch even more closely the exceptional "promotions"!

An awakening is always beneficial when you sink into the wall at the end of the dead end ...
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/08/12, 10:48

jean.caissepas wrote:...
In addition, the system without motor-wheel seems to me less efficient in terms of the ratio of power consumed / distance traveled (for example compared to the Heuliez, whose look is even more "special").
I guess you are referring to the Heuliez Friendly that has become mia electric. The mia is a propulsion equipped with a motor driving the rear wheels in a traditional way.

I think you have confused with the WILL project unfortunately abandoned. This car was an electric conversion based on Opel Agila equipped with Michelin "Active Wheel" wheel motors that I had the pleasure of seeing in person last week, while visiting the splendid "L'Aventure Michelin" museum in Clermont-Ferrand.
: Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"