Peugeot sells his electric car

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/12, 11:35

All that is not very serious ...

Ion / C-zero were launched at almost 30 k €, and now fall to 10 k €,

before going back to how much?

Not to mention technical, because in my opinion, there will be some disappointments with the 100% Lithium ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/08/12, 14:16

Remundo wrote:Not to mention technical, because in my opinion, there will be some disappointments with the 100% Lithium ...
There are important commercial and economic issues. Mitsubishi entered the arena first and has to face the arrival of its compatriot NISSAN whose Leaf is displayed at a comparable price ... Then Renault arrives. Cropping was inevitable.

The technology is mastered. The Mitsubishi has been in existence since 2009.
I had noticed during my essay that when the vehicle was fully charged, energy recovery was ineffective.
This is undoubtedly also why regeneration is only available on the brake pedal and not at the foot of the accelerator as on our old generation PSAs.

We are talking about new promotions to come, mainly relating to rental offers (more reassuring for some).
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/08/12, 15:05

citro wrote:The technology is mastered. The Mitsubishi has been in existence since 2009.
I had noticed during my essay that when the vehicle was fully charged, energy recovery was ineffective.
This is undoubtedly also why regeneration is only available on the brake pedal and not at the foot of the accelerator as on our old generation PSAs.

Not really ... it is to avoid strong regeneration because Lithium do not like it.

This summer, someone wanted to come and recharge at my Twizy ... He was planning jumps of 100 km. I told him okay, but I advised him to plan, rather for security a recharge every 50 km (with stations or parking, fairgrounds, town halls, it can be done, even if it's very boring) .

In the end, he couldn't come. He called me on the phone, stranded ...

His brand new Twizy loaded at 80% and could not do better. And premature battery voltage alerts at the end of discharge.

He spoke about it to all Renault dealerships, no one "understood" ...

No doubt the intelligent people of Renault should have told him that only one of his Lithium batteries touched the "top" and prevented all the others from being fully charged, and itou at the discharge, or the first weak one forbids all the others. to restore (the little) energy they have left ...

No doubt they could have admitted that the BMS was not doing its job and that the 100 km rehashed by the commercial was not feasible in reality ...

And again, it's just minor troubles because the vehicle is not broken down, just not at its optimum. Perhaps the batteries had not been cycled enough for el BMS to balance them well.

In midsummer, the soft foot ...

In winter with violent ... There will be surprises ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 14/08/12, 15:24

Remundo wrote:
citro wrote:The technology is mastered. The Mitsubishi has been in existence since 2009.

Not really ... it is to avoid strong regeneration because Lithium do not like it.
Yes that was my point, as soon as the gauge drops enough, the regeneration works again and the needle of the econometer will walk in the green in deceleration.

For the expedition in Twizzy, it is indeed a sacred Challenge which requires a certain experience ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/08/12, 15:12

Indeed Citro,

Motor Nature reacted to the promotion of PSA

Small historical feedback on prices ...
The launch price of the Peugeot Ion was higher at 35 €, but today we can find the car at 000 € on the brand's webstore.
[] this is not good news for the electric car. In less than 2 years, the price of the product has dropped by two thirds. We will have an emotional thought for the few people who bought at a high price, now sworn enemies of Peugeot who destroyed the residual value of their car

There is something unhealthy, in fact, as much when the car was at € 35000 as when it was sacrificed at € 10900.

@+
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/08/12, 17:23

I think and I think that the offer at 10 euros is an advertising campaign at a lower cost!

a) It is in August, and limited to vehicles in stock! (when Citroên sold its C1 to 6 euiros at some point, it was subject to takeover - you had to have an old squash of more than 190 years old for more than 8 months to refuel them - but it was on order, so limitless somehow!). There, as much to say that it concerned a few tens? go a few hundred vehicles ...

b) They don't sell at a loss. No doubt at "cost price".

So it makes them a passage in the main media (TV has talked about it; many newspapers) for a few tens of thousands of euros. Unbeatable "impact / cost" ratio.

c) When they were being seriously criticized by the government, this completely obscured the debate around Aulnay. Suddenly, even here - the proof - we were only talking about Peugeot in "positive". Who spoke of Aulnay again ?????

d) You add some incidental effects: "piss off" Renault when they launch the Zoe (with another economic model: rental of batteries, but "investment" limited to a little over 15 euros it seems to me ... ); not to withdraw from a commercial agreement with Mitsubishi, which surely includes a financial clause in the event of withdrawal (so it would probably have cost more to compensate Mitsubishi than to sell off by offering yourself this disguised "advertisement"!). ..

I therefore think that this publicity stunt should not be taken for an element of "economic" debate around the electric car.

On the other hand, I hesitated precisely because of the batteries, because if in 4 years it is necessary to replace the pack at 15 euros, that seriously changes the situation! This is the "real" debate: was it a good deal, or not ??? Long-term...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/08/12, 10:22

citro wrote:This is undoubtedly also why regeneration is only available on the brake pedal and not at the foot of the accelerator as on our old generation PSAs.

I did not feel that during my test of the iOn: as soon as I took my foot off the accelerator, the car braked enormously. I think they wanted to simulate the engine brake by recharging the battery. It behaves more like a thermal.
For me, pressing the brake pedal uses conventional brakes.
=> so they could put the classic brake circuit for the rest.
What I wonder is what happens if the ABS starts: does it stop the regeneration as on a Prius or will it make -charge refills?
0 x
alaniesse
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by alaniesse » 20/08/12, 11:37

The 1500 ions were sold to private individuals in 15 days.
The operation planned for the month of August ended much earlier.
Peugeot could only satisfy a third of the demand.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/08/12, 11:39

Logical at this price ...

But the important question: was it selling at a loss? :?: :?:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 20/08/12, 14:25

Christophe wrote:Logical at this price ...

But the important question: was it selling at a loss? :?: :?:

I prefer the vision of did67 expressed above.
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"