PeerGuardian 2: I'm supervised by NIST

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

PeerGuardian 2: I'm supervised by NIST

by the middle » 05/03/09, 08:55

: Cheesy: Hello,
A benevolent friend said to me yesterday:
Hey! download this stuff, and tell me what you think .. (peer guardian).
Sitot says, sitot does, and I find out what I think is spyware; provenance: national institute of standards and technology (NIST) : Shock:
I am looking on the internet, it is the company that works for the American government, and which has made the masterful and very constested study on the collapse of the two twin towers. : Shock:
I am confused...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 05/03/09, 09:16

and your firewall does not tell you which programs communicate via the internet?

unless it takes the function of system files like svshost ...

and what is this Peer Gardian software?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/09, 09:54

That's it: http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/ I have been shooting with it for years (and yes "the friend who wants you well" it's me : Cheesy: : Cheesy: )

It is a software which will filter and block certain IPs according to regularly updated lists ...

It is not really a firewall (most firewalls sold on the market are completely phony but above all useless for the individual) but an unwanted IP blocker ...

I don't think you can add IPs by hand or configure the ports unlike a REAL Firewall ...

It can also block web sites' "cookies" but this often leads to navigation problems (blocking of the advertising cookie = site blocking) ...

LeJuste, fear nothing, it's just for the "statistics" ...

ps: little trick / bug when you update the listings, deactivate the protection, because the software is "self-blocking"
: Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 03 / 09, 09: 58, 2 edited once.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/03/09, 09:54

Capt_Maloche wrote:and your firewall does not tell you which programs communicate via the internet?

unless it takes the function of system files like svshost ...

and what is this Peer Gardian software?

Capt Hi,
Firewall for file sharing software

PeerGuardian is a small firewall designed especially for users of peer to peer software, but also all those who feel concerned by the investigations of companies and authorities carried out on the net. PeerGuardian prohibits the connection of a configured IP address range and records blocked connections in a log. It uses an online database to find out which IPs to reject (but it is also possible to configure them manually).
For the rest, I am not too good at internet ...
I think I have a fire wall ... but .. :D I never "visited" him : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/03/09, 09:58

It is software that will filter and block certain IPs.

Well, yes, I will have to explain to this program that it should not block ... my antivirus .. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/09, 09:58

What is your AV?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/03/09, 10:02

Christophe wrote:What is your AV?

F-Secure
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/09, 10:14

Ok i don't know.

I also have NIST in my blocked IP listing as well as the National Institute of Nuclear Physic (for example) :D

Do not worry, 99.9% of the time these are connections to make web traffic statistics ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 05/03/09, 11:05

The advantage of Firefox is that it allows cookies only for the duration of the session, and not permanently like Internet Explorer.

By default when I browse the net, I ask to validate all cookies, activeX and I only authorize those from "reliable" sites: Orange, Econologie :D, merchant sites, the rest I block everything, it damn limits breakage. There are sometimes a dozen cookies on a single page !! BLOCK COOKIES

I'm just missing a resident anti spyware

I now shoot with free AVIRA + free Zone Alarm
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"