New forum

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Jean-Francois
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Jean-Francois » 11/11/05, 00:43

good ben i send my first message on this new forum : roll: ..... I was so used to the old that it's all funny
and I saw a bit my signature : Shock:

veiled voilou :P
0 x
jeff me born with a rod in one hand and a welding station in the other :-)
... ______
... / ______ \
. (00 00 = H =)
..IiI "" "" "" III Vraoummm .. !!!!!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 11/11/05, 16:47

Hello everyone !
I have no skills in network installation; I am aware of the tremendous work done by Christophe, with always the fear of the bug.
By nature, I do not like changes of habit; also, I express there, that my personal feeling:
With the old forum, where I had not received a newsletter since June, so no download, I received one, dated 6 nov, (but with the characters "é" replaced by empty squares ...); the attached password allowed me to download finally ....
With this new presentation of forum:
*Most :
-Currently my download works too.
-I could change the wording of the hours, for my taste now.
-The localization is now written under the name of the members; which will facilitate interactivity (and the work of Rezut for cartography)
*the lessers :
-When we click left, on the name of the member who posted his message, we no longer access his profile.
-On the profile of the member, there is no longer the possibility to write about "hobbies", its presentation of faith, its particularity or its hopes, without extending on a forum ; all on 28 characters. (I put it in "signature", but by unchecking the attachment of the signature, must also condense in 255 characters).
-For the search of a member, there is more possibility to search by writing the first letters only. Page1,2,3, ... .31,32,33., It's not easy to type in the middle, since after the display of the 3, we can display the next one, the 4, and so on.
Tell me, if I do not press the right keys ...

* : Shock: * I have trouble reading, with characters of really small size; if I change the overall size of my screen display, it will enlarge the characters on another site; so I have to do a sup manipulation that was not necessary before; I do not know why it is so? Is it to save space, or is it just an approach, waiting for the returns? It would be best to enlarge on your level, for the good of all; the size, as in the "old", was very good; as in "the other forum "(At the similar presentation), the size would still be correct.
Vol to my remarks, basic requests.
I do not want my words to be misinterpreted. I understand that it is not easy, and that the framework of the PHP must not be perfect, offering new functions, and abandoning others; what matters is the ability to evolve, without being trapped in a straitjacket.
Gegyx
    0 x
    Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/05, 16:58

I have increased the size of the fonts ... on the other hand for the rest I can not do much.

Personally what annoys me the most is the impossibility to put attachments in the messages but I work on it.
    0 x
    krissg29
    I understand econologic
    I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 11/11/05, 21:46

:D First message on the new forum

Well done Christopher!
    great job!

We find almost all the features of the old.
    I use Firefox and the display is normal apparently except that it no longer fills the whole screen: it's as if the width of the page was blocked at 800 pixel (on the old it filled my whole screen in 1024x768 ). But if there is an image too big, the page widens. So, it's not very annoying.

For the sending of attachments, it is necessary to use the old method which consists in sending to an address or Christophe can recover it to put it on line. Waiting for the "send a file" button in the answer box.

Congratulations and good luck!

Good I continue to read the news :D

And it's the good sending time (France) that is displayed with the answers, great : Lol:
    0 x
    Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/05, 23:50

krissg29 wrote: it's as if the width of the page was blocked at 800 pixel

Yes and that's normal, it's better to stick to the look of the site (the non forum)

krissg29 wrote: For the sending of attachments, it is necessary to use the old method which consists in sending to an address or Christophe can recover it to put it on line. Waiting for the "send a file" button in the answer box.

Yes except that it does me a lot of extra work (for you and for me) ... : roll: And if I can not add the attachment, we will find another solution! : Idea:
    0 x
    Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 12/11/05, 13:48

Chritophe, will see this MOD:

Attachment attachment MOD

Good to read (95 pages on this subject, but it seems to work ...)
    0 x
    gegyx
    Econologue expert
    Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/11/05, 22:29

econology wrote:I have increased the font size ... on the other hand for the rest I can not do much ..

A big thank you, for the increase of this minimalist size.
    It's comfortable again. I'm surprised it only bothered me.

Personally what annoys me the most is the impossibility to put attachments in the messages but I work on it.

I imagined that the phpBB was a modular package available, a complete package, where the attachment of an attachment was part of it.
    Well, the ex-ocean link looks like it's good.
    96 pages, it's not pie, if we do not succeed the first time! (especially if you want the 45 page ...)
    This site seems to want to distribute the phpBB gracefully, do not hesitate to seek advice.
    Among the members of Econologie, there are some who have their personal site, and they do not help you?
    I think of Gynemer?
    0 x
    Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 13/11/05, 22:49

Personally I give a small helping hand Christophe according to my mental availability : Cry:

In any case, I hope you realize the Herculean work he is doing.

Hats off and respect Christophe!
    0 x
    gegyx
    Econologue expert
    Econologue expert

by gegyx » 14/11/05, 17:16

On the "profil "of the member, there is no longer the possibility to write on" hobbies "(Because limited to 28 characters), its presentation of faith, its particularity or its hopes, without having to dwell on a forum.
    What I wrote in the old forum, in " your points of interest " Devil "personal profile », So I put it in« signature "(By condensing in less than 255 characters), but by unchecking the attachment of the signature, so that this long message, does not repeat itself at the end of each of my new interventions.
    In the old forum, who are " your points of interest "Did not appear on messages at each intervention; unlike the " signature " and of " avatar (Which I did not fill the rubrics).
    That's why, in the new forum, I unhooked the attachment of my " signature As I had written only information about hobbies ».

Finding an anomaly:
    All my messages from the old forum, reported by the good care of phpBB pros, on the new forum, now appear on the new forum with the content of my current signature that I have yet inhibited, on the new forum.

Understand who can, my comment!
    But I specify that this anomalous anodyne and not consequent, is not due to any personal exhibitionist will.
    Gegyx : Oops:
    0 x
    Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/05, 17:34

former oceanic wrote:Chritophe, will see this MOD:

Attachment attachment MOD

Good to read (95 pages on this subject, but it seems to work ...)

I had already downloaded ... but the problem is the installation ... there are more 20 files to edit ... and the 1ere update of php everything would be redone. I really do not have the courage ... I'm sure we can find a simpler solution.

Because the one I do not like (especially since it is not planned for the .18) ..:( on the other hand if there is a "attach mod" simpler I am a taker :)

I thought, for example, to do a semi public FTP (password on the forum ) but good risk though that kk1 come fuck the crap and all cleared :(

For gegyx: I can not do anything for these worries :( ... put your hobbies in your signature ...
    0 x