LNG terminal in the last natural estuary in Europe

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
nounitaroma
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

LNG terminal in the last natural estuary in Europe

by nounitaroma » 24/10/07, 19:35

An LNG port project in Verdon (Gironde Estuary);
Reasons to say NO:

- An Estuary area classified NATURA 2000 all around the planned location, causing air and water pollution,

- An industry classified SEVESO II 400 m from the first dwellings and 800 m from the public school,

- Construction of a gas pipeline which will cross all the Médoc (country of vines).

Help us defend this heritage by signing a petition via the following link:

http://www.sarl-pci.com/lapetition/inde ... etition=10

For more information on the "Une pointe pour tous" site:

http://www.medocpourtous.org/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/07, 22:02

Sorry but in my opinion, your action is useless: the project will be done whatever your opinion ...

The only way to reduce the risks is to reduce our consumption of fossil fuels (among others) ... so heat yourself with wood (for example) ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/10/07, 01:48

Hello

Christophe wrote:Sorry but in my opinion, your action is useless: the project will be done whatever your opinion ...

The only way to reduce the risks is to reduce our consumption of fossil fuels (among others) ... so heat yourself with wood (for example) ...

Today government announcement, On the banks of the St-Laurent opposite Quebec City construction of a large LNG port
Despite the negative referendum of the population, despite our hydroelectric electrical resources. Even if it is not certain that this fuel will not be transported to the USA, the St. Lawrence River allows ocean-going vessels to penetrate fairly deeply into the continent. .
After 4 years of demonstration of study and refusal of the lacal population, they changed the site of place and it proceed
Toujuors in the name of energy security and even tell us that it will reduce greenhouse gases ??
Using the electrical energy that we do with dams yes, but the other ways of heating I have many doubts.
Meanwhile they want to legislate for wood heaters
too polluting .. (especially not taxed)
Probably that it pays more to export electricity and that we heat with gas, the Russians offer to sell us 8000 km in an environmentally friendly boat?

Andre
0 x

Go back to "The bistro: site life, leisure and relaxation, humor and conviviality and Classifieds"