Le forum is it too complicated?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Re: The forum is it too complicated?

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 10:49

Obamot wrote:But what we see above all are "options" that nobody has ever asked for, and which are regularly added!

Which ones do you want?

Obamot wrote:Proceeding from this, I maintain that a "continuity list" (with a single list of txt per subject) is the only tool (by default) that is MISSING and of which - if you wanted to drive traffic in a reasoned & efficient way in one given and ACCURATE place of convergence - would be highly appropriate to make available !!!

Yes yes the list of 150 messages I know she misses you and promised, I will find a trick to put it back!

Leave me a little time, I'm just out of the site update there! About that: bistro / express-your-talent-and-your-ideas-on-site-t14753.html

By default, it should be proposed to the phpBB team ... I already have more 20 extensions applied on the new forums! Recent topics are an extension ... it's not native!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 11:02

Excellent Christophe! Excellent...

by the way for the default "List" presentation, the "bubbles"on the fringes are too impressive:
- for a "list" format with only one line of text: Isn't there something very small (?) Otherwise nothing is put because if it is "last posted subjects", frankly there is does not need (we know by default that it is "unread")
- it could be simpler, because besides, a subject line "lu"in principle automatically changes color: it is therefore" tacit "and light as an implementation ... all beneficial ...

But I am impressed by your ability to understand the core of the problem! wow !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 11:15

The only thing that I can remove from this list is the indications like "by izentrop" May 16, 2016, 19:50 "in Society and philosophy" the rest is functional, it will not change much to the pagination .. .
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 11:20

do as you want / (or you can depending on phpBB) it will be EXTRA! The goal is to have a "List" (with one entry per subject)

besides I just checked, it goes from "unread"(in red) to"lu"in blue (so it's implied no need to do more)
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 05 / 16, 11: 22, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 11:22

I'm talking about the existing "Recent Topic" list ...

The other I understood that I had to make it as simple as possible ..
In the meantime you can use the RSS feed as I advised above: feed.php
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 11:23

as you want / can for others

what matters is that "New messages since your last visit"either THE default list (150 messages) and with one entry (1 single line as short as possible, subject part)
► View Text
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 05 / 16, 11: 43, 3 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 11:28

we will go from a complex to refined form (from left to right):

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (36.07 KB) Viewed times 2404

... those who will want to spend their days to go dr. to g. [...] : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: [...] Good for them.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 11:45

Ah, if only econology had nutella's power ...

Obamot wrote:Good for them.

Ah, you say that too in Switzerland? I had never heard this expression before arriving in Belgium ...

ps: not yet seen these purified pots here ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 13:21

Christophe wrote:Oh if only econology had the power to strike of [...] ...
In the meantime, it may be possible to switch already:
- "Recent unread topics for members"
to contact:
- "New messages since your last visit"(like" new default choice ")

It's not too much work (since we are heading towards that)! And since the content of the first is implicitly part of the second.

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:Good for them.

Ah, you say that too in Switzerland? I had never heard this expression before arriving in Belgium ...
► View Text
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/05/16, 13:48

don't go too fast! you still make a title with too many words, sign that it does not go together: "Gardening, vegetable garden, ponds and swimming pool"

merge the 2 forum gardening is a good thing obvious ... mix pond and pool is discussed

a garden and culture title, that can understand: it is 2 word neighbor and associates shows that we want to speak at the same time of the amateur and productive aspect

pool and pool for me it is more involved in water treatment and sanitation ... but by waiting leaves it as it is
1 x