Le forum is it too complicated?

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Christophe

Re: The forum is it too complicated?

by Christophe » 26/05/16, 14:58

You're not alone in your head ... what stings and made people flee is essentially the heaviness of some members ... : roll: Follow my eyes!

Stop fucking everything on the site cosmetics and therefore on the back of the webmaster !! And blablabla blab yaka, foketu ... etc etc ...

It becomes unbearable!

Other forums are not that different from this one ... but the big heavy ones have been cleared ...

You want sobriety, use a simple RSS reader with the flow of forums: feed.php

I'm looking at integration ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/05/16, 15:25

christophe quuand you put the button clearly visible, readable in french you did the main ... we can click on the one we want to have what we want!

when I talk about putting headlines clearer this is only about improvement topic

when I talk about presentation of the list of new messages different from the presentation of a sub forum it is also an idea of ​​improvement ... not a criticism of a forum who still has the advantage of walking for a long time
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 09:07

""less" this is "more" of consultations (says this panel from a famous com agency)

image.png
image.png (9.94 KB) Viewed times 2631
Souce: free-logodesign

► View Text
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 05 / 16, 09: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 09:18

Yes less is more I know well (it was the purified policy that made the success of the beginning of the internet of the search page of google compared to yahoo, altavista ...) ... why do you think that I have initiated this subject?

By cons I do not see why you treat Econo Christmas tree ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 09:28

► View Text

Basically the question of this thread was to confirm that the site was too complicated ? (or not)?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (27.08 KB) Viewed times 2622

RE: Too complicated
Last edited by Obamot the 27 / 05 / 16, 09: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 09:36

That's why we talk about it: this topic has already made some improvements to simplify the operation and navigation no?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 09:48

RE: too complicated!

Christophe wrote:Yes less is more I know ...

... bein so it's cool if you know, why you ask? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 09:53

Because I have been on the handlebar for years and some evidence (functional simplification) I may not be able to see them!

Then I'm a little messy by nature : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/16, 10:14

Otherwise look at the organization offorum on the reception: https://www.econologie.com/forums/

I have already deleted and merged some sub-forums, the list is therefore shorter and less "scary", I would still do other mergers (for example there 3 under forums on the garden, each with few topics and posts, so I'm going to merge them into one sub forum unique on gardening, vegetable garden, ponds and swimming pool ...)

Plants and culture: fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, fertilizer ...
Topics: 111, Posts: 2026

Garden: landscaping, ornament, organization, landscaping, wild gardens ...
Topics: 72, Posts: 1267

Natural and ecological pools and pools
Topics: 61, Posts: 1252
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/16, 10:22

Ok, but soon after admitting it, it's stronger than you, you have to put a layer of Nutella !! : Mrgreen: : Twisted:
Ok, you tell US: "I know", but is it applied according to? RE: too complicated

good so now I'll modestly tell you why I think what I think ...

let's admit that we are still in the "glorious"site traffic (I can give you the date!)

multiply the "Dashboardss "visualization / management of the site was no problem ....

but now when there is 2 peeled 3 shorn connected at the same time, the forum now gives them a dozen possibilities not to meet .... (indeed, and to my surprise, it's not because someone posted in a list of presentation (unread VS VS VS my recent topics messages) that the post will be visible to others (5x / 10 I did not see it, as with the wire EgyptAir and others like Did67 with the lazy garden: many, have reported the same bad experience !! !)

But what we see above all are "options" that nobody has ever asked for, and which are regularly added!

Proceeding from this, I maintain that a "continuity list" (with a single list of txt per subject) is the only tool (by default) that is MISSING and of which - if you wanted to drive traffic in a reasoned & efficient way in one given and ACCURATE place of convergence - would be highly appropriate to make available !!!

- because after, if people want to gooooogler, free to them,
- if people want to explore by topics / topics, free to them!
- if people want to explore according to their own messages, free to them ...
etc, the tools existed / and already exist to do this.

So it is better to come back to a more monothemic "agora" expression because otherwise, the flow of attendance is dispersed in an inversely proportional way to the simplicity of presentation ...

so, by default, it would be continuity list no frills ...!
0 x